Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skimpole

Great Movies! Deceptively Boring Summaries!

Recommended Posts

I haven't read any post of this thread. I am suddenly struck with sloppiness of the thread title, especially from an OP who commands the language so well. The summaries are deceptively boring? So they are boring but we may not know that because they are deceptively so? Deceptive summaries abound because there is an attempt to make the movie interesting, more that it really is, and of course many are replete with spoilers. which is a sort of deception. Boring Summaries? Summaries are so short (generally), I'm not sure how one would read. So...shall I zip it and read the thread and be enlightened. Okay, maybe I'll give a rip. If I have grievously misconstrued the meaning, I apologize. No offense is made towards the OP, whose posts I respect. 

PS Wondering if it needs a couple of commas, or something.

///

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got another one here.

Figure out who killed who in this one and you're better than I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, laffite said:

I haven't read any post of this thread. I am suddenly struck with sloppiness of the thread title, especially from an OP who commands the language so well. The summaries are deceptively boring? So they are boring but we may not know that because they are deceptively so? Deceptive summaries abound because there is an attempt to make the movie interesting, more that it really is, and of course many are replete with spoilers. which is a sort of deception. Boring Summaries? Summaries are so short (generally), I'm not sure how one would read. So...shall I zip it and read the thread and be enlightened. Okay, maybe I'll give a rip. If I have grievously misconstrued the meaning, I apologize. No offense is made towards the OP, whose posts I respect. 

PS Wondering if it needs a couple of commas, or something.

///

Okay, got it. Sorry. Looks like fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 4:56 PM, GGGGerald said:

Vet refuses to fire a gun with no bullets and lives to tell the tale. Some other guy was not so fortunate.

Other guys survive a storm but, suffer sea sickness, (and lead poisoning).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dargo said:

Got another one here.

Figure out who killed who in this one and you're better than I.

The Big Sleep?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Arsan404 said:

Three men go fishing in the ocean.

I'm just taking a stab at this one, but I'm assuming it's one huge, hungry fish....like maybe JAWS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

I'm just taking a stab at this one, but I'm assuming it's one huge, hungry fish....like maybe JAWS.

That's the one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Two lawyers bicker endlessly, outside the courtroom as well as inside.

Inherit the Wind?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Inherit the Wind?

That's right.

Man and woman fall in love and break up and fall in love again and break up again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2020 at 9:38 PM, GGGGerald said:

Other guys survive a storm but, suffer sea sickness, (and lead poisoning).

Would the Key to this one be Largo, Gerald?  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Would the Key to this one be Largo, Gerald?  ;)

That's it 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...