Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikaelaArsenault

Ennio Morricone, Influential Creator of Music for Modern Cinema, Dies at 91

Yeah, it's the OP who went wrong on his thread title - not you who can't admit that complaining about him using the word "influential" in it is about as pointless as a post can get.

And you go on and on and on - trying to squirm out of the responsibility for having levied such a worthless criticism of his writing. 

It's fascinating how you can't stop defending your pushiness.

I notice over on Noir Alley you are railing against critics. A blanket criticism over the whole lot as I see. How pushy is that? The truth is, you can't take criticism yourself. No wonder my post disturbed you. What I said was much easier on the OP than you are on critics. "Nuff said, then. Maybe we can get along better in the future. I hope so. 

who else saw his oscar winning hateful eight

1 hour ago, spence said:

who else saw his oscar winning hateful eight

That was Torentino, yes? I like all of his stuff even though the subject matter and treatment is contrary to my general taste. He's a damn good fiilmmaker. Not remember the music though.

Anyone seen Stanno Tutti bene? (Everything's fine). This film seems to be lost, not on DVD yer? Incredible. Great movie. Ennio channeled Verdi a little in this one, especially when the train leaves the station early in the movie. Mastrianni starred. 1990. It might have been already mentioned but if so I would be surprised. It seems to be rare.

6 hours ago, laffite said:

you can't take criticism yourself.  No wonder my post disturbed you.

Squirming some more.

Why can't you just admit that the OP didn't use a wrong word in his thread as you insist he did?  If you'd stop squirming away from it, you'd be able to stop with your increasingly insipid comments.

29 minutes ago, SadPanda said:

Why can't you just admit that the OP didn't use a wrong word in his thread as you insist he did?  If you'd stop squirming away from it, you'd be able to stop with your increasingly insipid comments.

I didn't squirm away from it. I actually copied and pasted it myself. :lol: Obviously, that's not squirming.

I have already given my view to your question above. So, of course, I won't admit what you ask.

You hang yourself with your own petard when you name my comments Insipid.

8 minutes ago, laffite said:

You hang yourself with your own petard

Hey! No name-calling!

17 minutes ago, SadPanda said:

Hey! No name-calling!

It's not name calling. It's an expression.

Why don't you google it? It's not very offensive. People do this thing all the time. It's a human foible.

But that's your nickname now - you little rascal, you.

You've earned it in this very thread - way to go!

Here is a rarity. A movie composer using the same tune for two different movies. This clip first appeared in Allonsanfan (1974) and was used in again in The Inglourious Basterds (2009). So in a way we might say that he influenced his very self. This will be a point for the "influential" enthusiasts folks around here. Composers obviously influence themselves throughout their career but it is not often to see music repeated like this. I am beginning to appreciate Morricone more and more as an influencer than that as a mere colossal towering genius. I mean latter is important, yeah; but the ability to be an influencer like Morricone is special indeed.

Here is a Morrocone fave for me. This has a Verdi-esque feel to it. It's too upbeat so have a tragic feel although there is a dark element in the film. This is a sort of toe tapper. This a great movie by the way, it seems MIA from the public domain, I don't believe it's out on DVD. What a waste. The movie above ALLONSANFAN is not either. Both with Mastrianni. Two very fine films.