Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Joe Biden’s Event Was Like

What Joe Biden’s Event Was Like

Over the course of my career covering politics, I have attended hundreds of presidential campaign events. I’ve never been to one anything like Joe Biden’s economic address in the Philadelphia suburbs today.

There was no soundtrack of carefully selected, inoffensive pop music blasting in the background. No reporters fighting over power outlets and positioning. No rope line for the candidate to walk, shaking hands and snapping selfies.

Oh, and hardly any voters.

About 20 handpicked local officials, small-business owners and reporters sat in folding chairs, each placed within a large white circle taped on the floor of a recreation center to maintain — or at least encourage — social distancing. A few attendees whispered to each other as photographers quietly chatted. You could hear the clack of typing echoing across the room. The silence was striking.

Nearly everyone wore masks. Before entering, a Biden campaign worker took our temperatures and asked if we had shown any symptoms of Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

“We are going to get started in just a minute,” a staff member announced. “Today’s event has been set up to adhere to social distancing guidelines.”

Then, Mr. Biden appeared. He arrived with such little fanfare that I didn’t even notice him enter the room. There was no introduction by an organizer to pump up a crowd that wasn’t there, as is typical with campaign events. He just stood behind a lectern, pasted with the placard “Reopen Right: Safer and Stronger,” and began reading a speech off the teleprompters, assailing President Trump.

This sounds more like a doctors visit, and this is who they want us to vote for president.

You judge Biden by a responsible social distancing campaign event but you don't judge Trump by crowding supporters together in rallies which could lead to covid 19 deaths.

What does that say about YOU, and what does it say about the differences between the two candidates?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TomJH said:

You judge Biden by a responsible social distancing campaign event but you don't judge Trump by crowding supporters together in rallies which could lead to covid 19 deaths.

What does that say about YOU, and what does it say about the differences between the two candidates? where was joe's enthusiasm?

"your wife has a lovely neck."

Movie Crash Course – Nosferatu | WadsWords

:D

10 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

where was joe's enthusiasm?

"your wife has a lovely neck."

That's the best comeback you got?

Thousands of Americans are dying today because of Trump's poor response to fighting a pandemic (he has now virtually given up,leaving mixed messages with the governors having to battle the virus) and you're cracking feeble jokes.

You duck the issue just like Trump because you have no more of an answer than your so-called leader (who doesn't lead in a crisis).

Trump is going to thoroughly deserve his defeat at the polls in November (assuming he doesn't suppress the vote in Democratic areas too much).

the democrats are far more afraid of a trump reelection than the other side is of his defeat....

which in the democrats' upside down world should not be so.

:P

Only 20 people attended, and this is who they have for President.

Then, Mr. Biden appeared. He arrived with such little fanfare that I didn’t even notice him enter the room.

42 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

Only 20 people attended, and this is who they have for President.

Then, Mr. Biden appeared. He arrived with such little fanfare that I didn’t even notice him enter the room.

Sounds like a nice change from that incompetent bombastic narcissistic buffoon that occupies the White House at the moment.

Then, Mr. Biden appeared. He arrived with such little fanfare that I didn’t even notice him enter the room...there weren't enough people.

:lol: