Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ever wonder how it got to be called THIS?

;) 

ADJECTIVE [usu ADJ n]

Trumped-up charges are untrue, and made up in order to punish someone unfairly. :D  So....What's the difference between "fake" news and "TRUMPed up" news?
Sepiatone

Re: 

Ever wonder how it got to be called THIS?

Trumped-up was first recorded in the early 18th century, and it comes from the idiomatic trump up, "devise deceitfully or dishonestly."

HA!  So you're basically admitting(it would seem) you don't know "facetious sarcasm" when face-to-face with it?  :D 

I mean, you couldn't HONESTLY believe I was searching for the phrase's origins, could you?  :unsure:  ;)

Sepiatone

10 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

HA!  So you're basically admitting(it would seem) you don't know "facetious sarcasm" when face-to-face with it?  :D 

I mean, you couldn't HONESTLY believe I was searching for the phrase's origins, could you?  :unsure:  ;)

Sepiatone

Your thread title asked a question, I answered.  Why create a thread that don't suppose to be replied to? :huh::wacko:

A reply could come, I suppose, in the form of acknowledging the intended humor or irony.....?  Seeing as 99.99% of threads on this page have something to do with a person named TRUMP?   B)

Sepiatone