Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

& How SAFE is mail-in voting?

Glad I was able to get the very dishonest LameStream Media to finally start talking about the RISKS to our Democracy from dangerous Universal Mail-In-Voting

(not Absentee Voting, which I totally support!).

=========================================

Absentee voting and mail-in voting is literally the same thing,
you imbecile.

It's just a different name.

:lol:  :blink:

𝐐. Is President Trump correct that voting by mail leads to fraud?

𝐀. No. Studies have shown that all forms of voting fraud are very rare in the U.S.

A panel Trump established to investigate election corruption was disbanded in 2018 after it found no real evidence of fraud.
  • Thanks 1

I mailed in my vote for the Primary. It seemed pretty legit/hard to forge to me.

But I'm taking no chances....will vote in person. Wearing a respirator mask.

It's just another ploy to scare (and therefore bully) people into inaction. It's a chore, but I will also bring my 91 year old Mother to her voting place in person. If for nothing more than peace of mind.

• Like 2

96 more days till the Democrat Party is driven to its knees.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Glad I was able to get the very dishonest LameStream Media to finally start talking about the RISKS to our Democracy from dangerous Universal Mail-In-Voting

(not Absentee Voting, which I totally support!).

=========================================

Absentee voting and mail-in voting is literally the same thing,
you imbecile.

It's just a different name.

:lol:  :blink:

Actually there are other alternative ways to vote absentee.  In S.C., you can go to the county registrar's office, present your ID and vote on a machine just as you would if went to regular polling place.  The employees set the machine up to show your regular precinct.   Begins about 2-3 weeks before the election usually.  Have done it several times.

• Thanks 2

The only way to *conclusively ensure* your mail-in ballot is counted on November 3rd
is to mail it back so early that no matter what shenanigans Trump's USPS crony pulls, your ballot arrives on or before election day.

Don't take chances: get and send your ballot ASAP.
Pass it on.
--------------------------------------------------------------
And if it's possible - drop it off before election day.
Many states have drop boxes where you can drop off your ballot.
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mr6666 said:

The only way to *conclusively ensure* your mail-in ballot is counted on November 3rd
is to mail it back so early that no matter what shenanigans Trump's USPS crony pulls, your ballot arrives on or before election day.

Don't take chances: get and send your ballot ASAP.
Pass it on.
--------------------------------------------------------------
And if it's possible - drop it off before election day.
Many states have drop boxes where you can drop off your ballot.

Excellent advice.  Especially if you live in a state where the Republicans control the election process.  My greatest concern is over the "matching signatures" requirement in many states.  Will it be the one on your original voter application (mine is 30 years old) or the one on the registration card issued to you of the one you used when you last voted in person?  Will the vote signature only have to compare with the signature used to apply for a mail-in ballot this year?  When voting in person I just used my first two initials and quickly scrawled my signature.  On my original application and card, it is my full first name, MI and last name.

• Like 1

Donald Trump tells you how safe mail in voting is - SAFE.

Trump’s Absentee vs. Mail-In Ballot Spin

By Robert Farley

Posted on June 19, 2020

"President Donald Trump continues to draw false distinctions between mail-in and absentee ballots, claiming the former are rife with voter fraud while the latter — which he has used as president — require a voter to go through “a very strict process. The equivalent of going to a voting machine, or maybe even sometimes better.”

Voting experts told us the verification process is the same for absentee and mail-in ballots, and many states consider them to be the same thing.........

Trump claimed, “Well, there’s a big difference between somebody that’s out of state and does a ballot and everything is sealed, certified, and everything else.”

In fact, election officials say states use the same verification/certification process for absentee or mail-in ballots.......

Whether some states are up to the task of providing safe and secure mail-in ballots, or whether in-person voting is preferable, is a matter for political debate.

But the president is wrong to repeatedly insist that absentee ballots — like the one he said he cast in March — include “a very strict process” that mail-in ballots do not..........

see: https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/trumps-absentee-vs-mail-in-ballot-spin/

• Thanks 1

Interesting how those republicans who so oppose the mail-in ballots have themselves voted by mail.  and to try and make a distinction between "mail in" and "absentee" balloting is, again,the republication insult on the intelligence of the American people - they're the same!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Clanelliott said:

Interesting how those republicans who so oppose the mail-in ballots have themselves voted by mail.  and to try and make a distinction between "mail in" and "absentee" balloting is, again,the republication insult on the intelligence of the American people - they're the same!

Understand your point, but absentee voting and mail-in are not the same.  In S.C. you can vote mail-in or you can vote absentee by going to county registrar's office during a two(?) week period prior to the election and vote.  You use the same type machine and "ballot" as will be used at your regular polling place.

However, to vote absentee you have to claim one of about 20+ reasons.  Elderly, disabled, out of town day of election and many more.  No one asks for verification.  Used to do it because I worked in another town, even though it was only a 20 minute drive and got off at 4:00 PM.

Some states also have early voting, but guess that is actually different.

Also, welcome the "battles."

Worried About Mail Delays?

Here are Four Ways to Safely Cast Your Ballot Without USPS

1. Vote early in-person. Early voting allows voters to vote in person without waiting in crowded or long lines. Forty-one states have some form of early voting in place and may start as early as 45 days before Election Day. Many states also have weekend early voting options. Make sure to check with your local election office to see if they extended early voting due to the pandemic.

2. Use a ballot drop box. Many states and counties provide ballot drop boxes as a secure and convenient option for voters to return their sealed and signed mail ballot. Drop boxes skip the mail process entirely, allowing voters to drop off their mail ballots and have them be taken directly to county offices. Boxes are placed in many convenient locations such as outside community centers, near public transit routes or on college campuses. Check with your local election office to see if there are ballot drop boxes in your community.

3. Drop off your ballot at an election office or polling location. Almost all states permit voters to return a delivered ballot in person at their local election office, but not everyone lives close to their election office. That is why many states allow voters to drop off their signed and sealed ballots at any in-person voting location in the county. Check with your local election office to see if you can drop off your ballot at a polling location closer to your home.

4. Organize community ballot collection. Many states allow designated organizations, election officials or family members to collect a voter’s signed and sealed ballot and submit the ballot on behalf of the voter. This option is vital for high-risk voters who are unable to leave their home to cast a ballot. Check who can collect your ballot in your state.........

see:  https://www.democracydocket.com/2020/08/usps-delays/

:)

President Trump:

"The biggest risk that we have is mail-in ballots... It is a much easier thing for a foreign power -- whether it's Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, many others, people, countries you wouldn't expect

-- it's much easier for them to forge ballots & send them in."

===================================

This is a huge, huge, HUGE lie.

The eaisest elections to steal are those on electronic machines.

Paper ballots are by definition easy to audit and investigate.
  • Thanks 2

On 7/11/2020 at 8:53 PM, mr6666 said:

A West Virginia postal worker is facing time behind bars after pleading guilty to attempted election fraud Thursday

:D  :D  :D  

And West Virginia has a REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR!!  But only states with democrat governors will get involved with mail in voter fraud.  Right?  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone