Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes, COVID-19 Deaths Are Down.

In its ongoing campaign to minimize the coronavirus pandemic in the United States, the Trump Administration has repeatedly touted the fact that, while cases are skyrocketing on a national level, the number of daily deaths remain low relative to the height of the outbreak earlier this year.

“In a certain way, our tremendous testing success gives the Fake News Media all they want, CASES,” President Donald Trump tweeted over the weekend. “In the meantime, deaths and the all important mortality rate goes down.”

It is true that deaths due to COVID-19 are trending downwards, even as cases and hospitalization rates increase. However, infectious disease experts say it is too early to celebrate the lower mortality rate we’ve seen in recent weeks.

In part, that’s because it takes days, weeks or even months for a person to become infected, get sick, and die of COVID-19. On average, it takes five days for a person to develop symptoms after they’re infected, although in some cases it can take as long as two weeks. In most cases, it then takes additional time for people to become so severely ill that they need to be hospitalized. It might then take days or weeks more before they die. (Many people, of course, experience no or only minor symptoms, and never require hospitalization.)

The recent surge of COVID-19 cases in states like Arizona, Florida and Texas was first detected in late May. It’s likely too soon to tell for sure whether that surge will lead to a spike in deaths.

These people writing these articles are sick, if Trump wants fewer people to die, then they want more. It's just like when they blamed a hurricane on president Bush.

10 out of 10 !!!

07/08/2020 13:07:12
TOTAL ESTIMATED U.S. COVID-19 DEATHS: 131,009

Trump Death Clock

Estimated U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Due To POTUS Inaction
In January 2020, the Trump administration was advised that immediate action was required to stop the spread of COVID-19. According to NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci, “there was a lot of pushback” to this advice. President Trump declined to act until March 16th. Experts estimate that, had mitigation measures been implemented one week earlier, 60% of American COVID-19 deaths would have been avoided. (For further reading, click here).
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

In its ongoing campaign to minimize the coronavirus pandemic in the United States, the Trump Administration has repeatedly touted the fact that, while cases are skyrocketing on a national level, the number of daily deaths remain low relative to the height of the outbreak earlier this year.

“In a certain way, our tremendous testing success gives the Fake News Media all they want, CASES,” President Donald Trump tweeted over the weekend. “In the meantime, deaths and the all important mortality rate goes down.”

It is true that deaths due to COVID-19 are trending downwards, even as cases and hospitalization rates increase. However, infectious disease experts say it is too early to celebrate the lower mortality rate we’ve seen in recent weeks.

In part, that’s because it takes days, weeks or even months for a person to become infected, get sick, and die of COVID-19. On average, it takes five days for a person to develop symptoms after they’re infected, although in some cases it can take as long as two weeks. In most cases, it then takes additional time for people to become so severely ill that they need to be hospitalized. It might then take days or weeks more before they die. (Many people, of course, experience no or only minor symptoms, and never require hospitalization.)

The recent surge of COVID-19 cases in states like Arizona, Florida and Texas was first detected in late May. It’s likely too soon to tell for sure whether that surge will lead to a spike in deaths.

These people writing these articles are sick, if Trump wants fewer people to die, then they want more. It's just like when they blamed a hurricane on president Bush.

I'm surprised you didn't edit what you posted;  the key point in the OP was this:

t is true that deaths due to COVID-19 are trending downwards, even as cases and hospitalization rates increase. However, infectious disease experts say it is too early to celebrate the lower mortality rate we’ve seen in recent weeks.

• Haha 2

Yesterday there were 10 deaths from covid 19 in Germany and 11 in France. In the United States there were 1,195 deaths from the disease.

The States has had 24% of deaths in the world with only 4% of the world's population.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, TomJH said:

Yesterday there were 10 deaths from covid 19 in Germany and 11 in France. In the United States there were 1,195 deaths from the disease.

The States has had 24% of deaths in the world with only 4% of the world's population.

But we have the best health care system in the world!!!!   (well most expensive).

Anyhow,  Trump just said this will all be over in 3 to 4 weeks.     Of course what he says in 5 weeks after it isn't close to being over,,,,,  well,,,,  he has many weeks to come up with more lies.

• Haha 1

Other countries are not reporting deaths or doing enough testing, it's pretty obvious. Those that are hoping for more deaths for political reasons need to get professional help. BTW for those that just woke up, the "experts" who having been predicting how this virus behaves have been about as accurate as global warming "experts", which means they've been totally wrong up to this point.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, MovieMadness said:

Other countries are not reporting deaths or doing enough testing, it's pretty obvious. Those that are hoping for more deaths for political reasons need to get professional help. BTW for those that just woke up, the "experts" who having been predicting how this virus behaves have been about as accurate as global warming "experts", which means they've been totally wrong up to this point.

I guess all these European countries are lying abut their hospitalizations and ICU beds too.  What a hopeless maroon.

• Haha 1

I agree;  the GOP Texas Lt.  governor Dan Patrick needs professional help.

• Thanks 1

Other countries are not reporting deaths or doing enough testing, it's pretty obvious. Those that are hoping for more deaths for political reasons need to get professional help.

Thanks for the insider's report on all those countries around the world lying about their covid numbers. Must be handy to be like Trump. When you don't like the facts just start making up stuff until you produce a scenario that pleases you more.

The people who need professional help, by the way, are any who took Trump's advice and started drinking bleach.

Trump_Straitjacket_I.jpg?1501294495

"Try a little Lysol. The lemon flavoured is nice. What have you got to lose?"

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Fasten your seatbelts.  Texas just broke its one day record for deaths.

This is a good thing;   according to the GOP Texas Lt.  governor Dan Patrick seniors are just doing their civic duty!

• Sad 1

Many people made the conscience choice NOT to social distance, wear PPE,  stay home - too good to wait a lousy year to visit the beach, parks, etc.

It take doesn't take effort  to do the latter. The fear of going stir crazy is a stupid excuse.

How can this society based on freedom FORCE people to make common sense choices?  Personally I AVOID people much as possible especially during the flu season - I HATE that STINK which comes with it. :angry:

(Didn't catch ANYTHING this year :))

So you guys wake up every morning hoping more people died to hurt Trump?  Please get professional help.

No, I wish Trump would resign so that a real leader might save American lives.  Mr. Bonsepurs has given up and is only interested in re-election.

That you defend him says reams about what your priorities are.  You are the one who doesn't care how many people die.  If you cared at all you would want a leader who would do something about the situation instead of passing the buck.  Pathetic is too weak a word.

3 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Many people made the conscience choice NOT to social distance, wear PPE,  stay home - too good to wait a lousy year to visit the beach, parks, etc.

It take doesn't take effort  to do the latter. The fear of going stir crazy is a stupid excuse.

How can this society based on freedom FORCE people to make common sense choices?  Personally I AVOID people much as possible especially during the flu season - I HATE that STINK which comes with it. :angry:

(Didn't catch ANYTHING this year :))

The Republican governors did not heed the CDC re-opening advice.  The curve never went down for one day let alone 14.

And Trump piled on the pressure to re-open.  Another two weeks of lock down and this probably never would have happened.  The cases would have then gone down to a level where contact tracing would have worked.

Politics trumped science and America is in the toilet.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

So you guys wake up every morning hoping more people died to hurt Trump?  Please get professional help.

And just how much do you protest trump rallies in which the supporters squeezed together may get sick? There are now 500 new cases of covid in Tulsa two weeks after his rally there and a physician involved, when asked if the rally was to blame, said "connect the dots." I don't see you protesting against these rallies by your Lord and Master, so spare us the "get professional help" advice to others.

I guess this is what you would call a gaslighting thread.  California and Florida just reported their highest daily deaths from coronavirus.

5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

No, I wish Trump would resign so that a real leader might save American lives.  Mr. Bonsepurs has given up and is only interested in re-election.

That you defend him says reams about what your priorities are.  You are the one who doesn't care how many people die.  If you cared at all you would want a leader who would do something about the situation instead of passing the buck.  Pathetic is too weak a word.

So you're saying that Pence would be "a real leader"  that just might save American lives?

I just don't see that.     

6 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

So you're saying that Pence would be "a real leader"  that just might save American lives?

I just don't see that.     

Not a great leader but I don't think he would necessarily intentionally take America to the brink of disaster as Donald Trump is doing.  There is a chance he would listen to advisors and the CDC.  With Donald Trump, there is no chance.  He got it all wrong in the beginning and he is still getting it all wrong.  Plus he is all about silencing everyone but himself.

My main point is that this is a gaslighting thread.  Deaths are going up.

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Not a great leader but I don't think he would necessarily intentionally take America to the brink of disaster as Donald Trump is doing.  There is a chance he would listen to advisors and the CDC.  With Donald Trump, there is no chance.  He got it all wrong in the beginning and he is still getting it all wrong.  Plus he is all about silencing everyone but himself.

My main point is that this is a gaslighting thread.  Deaths are going up.

If what you're saying is correct,  I have less respect for Pence;    I.e.  he allowed himself to be a stooge for the a-hole Trump,   leading the Covid-19 task force helping push Trump's false and misleading narrative.      We have wondered what Putin has on Trump;   What does Trump have on Pence for him to sell out his nation.

2 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

If what you're saying is correct,  I have less respect for Pence;    I.e.  he allowed himself to be a stooge for the a-hole Trump,   leading the Covid-19 task force helping push Trump's false and misleading narrative.      We have wondered what Putin has on Trump;   What does Trump have on Pence for him to sell out his nation.

I don't think he has anything on Pence.  Pence is the ultimate cowardly self-serving politician.

Bringing things back to the point, MM was suggesting that liberals wanted more people to die to make Trump look back.  I guess he thinks that when people criticize the Fuehrer that's what they are thinking.  My point was that it is the Trump supporters who don't give a whit about lives lost.  If they cared they would dump the leader who has been a total failure.  America is quickly becoming a danger to the rest of the world they are bungling things so badly.  Trump harassed governors to open up NOW! if you remember.  His base echoed that cry.  He is dividing the country and setting the population against itself in the middle of a health crisis just to suit his own re-election plans.  Evil.

There were a record number of DEATHS in Florida and other States yesterday.

Maybe it is time to change the name of this gaslighting thread.

On 7/8/2020 at 8:32 PM, MovieMadness said:

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

nSKYoQ_y_bigger.jpg

After weeks of wrongly claiming the rise in cases was mostly a symptom of increased testing, Trump appears next to a chart showing that rise in cases. He cites "a concerning rise in the cases in many parts of our South."

5:22 PM · Jul 21, 2020·TweetDeck

I had a doctor's appointment today. My doctor is in one of the largest New York City medical centers. He told me that at the height of the pandemic in New York, the hospital had 600 Covid patients. Now it has 40. So if there is a national decline (which I doubt), it because "Blue" states followed the science,  

Unfortunately, California may soon exceed the state with the highest total of Covid patients, because they got too loose on Memorial Day.