Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I wish to express my gratitude to TCM for its long-running "Underground" programming. While most - maybe all - of these features are far from "classic" in the sense of what is mostly seen on this channel, it's a treat to know that a short block each week is devoted to such oddball, offbeat fare.

Tonight's offering includes one that I somehow missed up until now - 1987's Cherry 2000. I've been told this one is abundantly weird and features a quite hot-looking Melanie Griffith from her most hot-looking career period. 

I'm excited - cannot wait until the wee smalls of tonight.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, SadPanda said:

I wish to express my gratitude to TCM for its long-running "Underground" programming. While most - maybe all - of these features are far from "classic" in the sense of what is mostly seen on this channel, it's a treat to know that a short block each week is devoted to such oddball, offbeat fare.

Tonight's offering includes one that I somehow missed up until now - 1987's Cherry 2000. I've been told this one is abundantly weird and features a quite hot-looking Melanie Griffith from her most hot-looking career period. 

I'm excited - cannot wait until the wee smalls of tonight.

I caught most of the film last night. It actually wasn't that bad, and I really don't care for Ms Griffith.

• Like 1

absolute garbage about a guy and his sex robot babe and the film's most memorable scene for me is watching some sk a nk shoot ben johnson in the back.

Hollywood was ruined by sheet like this.

14 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

absolute garbage about a guy and his sex robot babe and the film's most memorable scene for me is watching some sk a nk shoot ben johnson in the back.

Wow! That sounds really good!

• Haha 1

Hollywood has always had trashy movies (especially precode & silents).   You’d think a movie about sex robots would have more toplessness.  Oh well.  I’ll go watch Logans Run....

8 hours ago, SadPanda said:

What's a buffet?

From dictionary.com:

buffet

[ buhf-it ]

noun
a blow, as with the hand or fist.
a violent shock or concussion.

2 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

From dictionary.com:

buffet

[ buhf-it ]

noun
a blow, as with the hand or fist.
a violent shock or concussion.

Thanks, slaytonf.

I thought it was one of those things my mom used to give me for breakfast.

But now I remember - that was a muffet.

On 7/12/2020 at 4:04 AM, SadPanda said:

Logan's Run?? You like that thing?

I like science fiction.  I actually read it sonetimes (silent and black&white).

- BUFFETS reopened in Las Vegas.  They serve the food directly to your table (to maintain social distancing).  It’s received goid reviews.

5 hours ago, Davehat said:

BUFFETS reopened in Las Vegas.  They serve the food directly to your table (to maintain social distancing).  It’s received goid reviews.

Patrons seated on---tuffets?

• Haha 1