Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Free at last, free at last-- Roger Stone is free at last!

Yes, it is official. trump's old buddy, Roger Stone has been freed on a presidential pardon.

Ironically, former trump lawyer, Michael Cohen is going back into incarceration due to him breaking his parole.

"Those are the breaks, break it up break it up, break it up, break down".

57 minutes ago, jakeem said:

BLd8F_9E_bigger.jpg

BREAKING: Appeals court denies Stone’s last-ditch attempt to stay his sentence.

7:00 PM · Jul 10, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

56 minutes ago, jakeem said:

amfcRH7l_bigger.jpg

Leaving only two options: prison or pardon.

7:12 PM · Jul 10, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

12 minutes ago, jakeem said:

YLiH4MlA_bigger.jpg

BREAKING: President Trump has commuted the sentence of his friend and adviser Roger Stone, who was set to serve three years for obstructing justice in the Mueller probe.

8:02 PM · Jul 10, 2020·SocialFlow

11 minutes ago, jakeem said:

tJj_1fM9_bigger.jpg

"Roger Stone is now a free man!"

8:00 PM · Jul 10, 2020·TweetDeck

12 minutes ago, jakeem said:

omWV1cZs_bigger.jpg

The man who calls himself the 'law and order' president has commuted the sentence of a longtime adviser who was found guilty of seeking to thwart congressional and FBI investigations into alleged ties between his presidential campaign and Russia.

8:00 PM · Jul 10, 2020·Twitter Web App

11 minutes ago, jakeem said:

d0dhzNYj_bigger.jpg

The White House press secretary says "Mr. Stone would be put at serious medical risk in prison." But there's no mention of the coronavirus that Stone is worried about.

8:00 PM · Jul 10, 2020·TweetDeck

8 minutes ago, jakeem said:

mZkHmLs6_bigger.jpeg

Reached for comment, Roger Stone attorney Robert Buschel tells me: "We are grateful and relieved. And glad this nightmare is over."

8:05 PM · Jul 10, 2020·Twitter Web App

Roger Stone's

lips are now sealed.:ph34r:

15 minutes ago, jakeem said:

omWV1cZs_bigger.jpg

Schiff: "Trump has engaged in countless acts that are ... destructive to our democracy while in office, but commuting the sentence of Roger Stone, a crony who lied and obstructed our investigation to protect Trump himself, is among the most offensive to the rule of law."

8:05 PM · Jul 10, 2020·Twitter Web App

5 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Believe it or not, trump's attorney general Bill Barr advised against this pardon.

Is this the straw that broke Bill Barr's back? :unsure:

Trump commuting Stone in exchange for Stone not rolling on Trump is of course a quid pro quo.

Is it politically incorrect in these circumstances to remind people, maybe in a whisper,

that the Constitution defines “Bribery” as a “high Crime,” automatically an impeachable offense?
<_<
  • Like 1

News of Donald Trump commuting Roger Stone's sentence proves what was obvious since the beginning.

The pledge to "drain the swamp" was about as real as Trump University.

Many will conclude Stone had a lot to say to implicate Trump,
didn't say it,
and was rewarded accordingly.
50 minutes ago, jakeem said:

UEg5exR4_bigger.png

Roger Stone, a self-professed dirty trickster for Richard Nixon (check out his Tricky Dicky tattoo) was convicted of seven felonies, including witness tampering and lying to investigators. President Trump has called this very unfair

8:26 PM · Jul 10, 2020·Twitter Web App

Roger Stone was the Watergate Dirty Trickster who avoided jail then.

And now, he's got a presidential pardon just like his Idol Richard Nixon.

So he must have also learned from Tricky Dick that it pays to have friends in high places--

like the Oval Office.⚖️

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Yes, it is official. trump's old buddy, Roger Stone has been freed on a presidential pardon.

Ironically, former trump lawyer, Michael Cohen is going back into incarceration due to him breaking his parole.

"Those are the breaks, break it up break it up, break it up, break down".

Michael Cohen went back to prison because he refused to sign an agreement that would have forbidden him from writing a book or speaking to the press.

And you can guess who's interest it was in to get him to sign it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Believe it or not, trump's attorney general Bill Barr advised against this pardon.

Is this the straw that broke Bill Barr's back? :unsure:

Barr must have known it was coming.  His "objection" in my view was purely for the cameras and his critics.

Barr made the unprecedented move of interfering in the case when he changed the prosecution sentencing recommendation.  He's on the same page as Trump.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, mr6666 said:

News of Donald Trump commuting Roger Stone's sentence proves what was obvious since the beginning.

The pledge to "drain the swamp" was about as real as Trump University.

Many will conclude Stone had a lot to say to implicate Trump,
didn't say it,
and was rewarded accordingly.

Stone said it himself.  He actually said it was to keep him quiet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Barr must have known it was coming.  His "objection" in my view was purely for the cameras and his critics.

Barr made the unprecedented move of interfering in the case when he changed the prosecution sentencing recommendation.  He's on the same page as Trump.

Barr always add a little 'cosmetic' to not look too  'obviously corrupt',i never liked him from day one, on his confirmation hearing he was skating with regulations and rule of law bs

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, nakano said:

Barr always add a little 'cosmetic' to not look too  'obviously corrupt',i never liked him from day one, on his confirmation hearing he was skating with regulations and rule of law bs

You can just imagine the outrage if the democrats carried on this way.  Lindsay Graham said he saw nothing wrong with Trump "silencing" Stone.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Plus: the Roger Stone case shows Trump’s corruption and cronyism, the new head of Simon & Schuster on the future of publishing, and a thriving digital retrospective for an influential streetwear designer.
View in browser | Update your preferences

This image may contain Universe, Space, Astronomy, Outer Space, and Planet

Roger Stone in front of portraits of President Nixon and President Trump
Daily Comment

The Roger Stone Case Shows Why Trump Is Worse Than Nixon

The commuting of the prison sentence of an ally who kept his mouth shut during the Trump-Russia investigation is a consummate act of corruption and cronyism.

Gangsters the likes of which

Al Capone couldn't even dream about--

They Were T:ouchable!

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Gangsters the likes of which

Al Capone couldn't even dream about--

They Were T:ouchable!

Clearly there is a lot of corruption by Trump and those that were in or are still in the Trump admin;  BUT,  say Biden does win,  the Dems gain an even bigger majority in the House and gain a seat or two in the Senate:

Would you want the Dems to use their political power to launch investigations into the Trump admin,  his cronies and associates?

The voice in my head right now says NO;    Of course I would like a-holes like Stone to be punished but if the Dems just moved-forward,  trying to avoid mentioning the last 4 nightmare years,,,,  well I think I would prefer that instead.     

On 7/11/2020 at 7:13 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Would you want the Dems to use their political power to launch investigations into the Trump admin,  his cronies and associates?

Meg Ryan GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 1
On 7/10/2020 at 8:10 PM, Princess of Tap said:

I don't think that's true.

Wasn't it just  his sentence that was commuted?

I don't think he was pardoned. 

1 hour ago, SadPanda said:

I don't think that's true.

Wasn't it just  his sentence that was commuted?

I don't think he was pardoned. 

Reading a little more about this and it appears I'm correct.

Commutation does not erase Stone’s felony convictions the way a pardon would. This is a better way to go because Stone will now continue to fight the conviction and get it overturned. 

That is what the President prefers.

10 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

2 wild and crazy guys!

:D

The Dirty Prankster Behind the Chaos Candidate: How Roger Stone ...

History will remember them as two traitors who conspired with agents of Russia to usurp the election.