Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Free at last, free at last-- Roger Stone is free at last!

5 hours ago, SadPanda said:

Reading a little more about this and it appears I'm correct.

Commutation does not erase Stone’s felony convictions the way a pardon would. This is a better way to go because Stone will now continue to fight the conviction and get it overturned. 

That is what the President prefers.

There is as much chance of Stone now fighting the conviction as there is of O.J. Simpson to continue to hunt for the killers of his dead wife.

Going back to court for Stone would only serve to highlight his traitorous behaviour.

I don't believe that highlighting is the reason that Roger Stone would choose as a reason to give up. The prevailing difficulty with clearing away the wrongful conviction is that it appears  judge Amy Berman Jackson is every bit as corrupt as the Mueller team.

President Trump may want Stone to continue the fight to clear his name but it's a lot to take on when you're struggling against such powerful and unprincipled assailants.

8 minutes ago, SadPanda said:

I don't believe that highlighting is the reason that Roger Stone would choose as a reason to give up. The prevailing difficulty with clearing away the wrongful conviction is that it appears  judge Amy Berman Jackson is every bit as corrupt as the Mueller team.

President Trump may want Stone to continue the fight to clear his name but it's a lot to take on when you're struggling against such powerful and unprincipled assailants.

You obviously believe Roger Stone is innocent then.  Innocent of lying under oath, etc.  And somehow you have reconciled Stone's involvement with Russian cutouts and wikileaks to help Trump win the election.  You probably don't believe a word of the Mueller report either though I wonder if you have actually taken the time to read it?

14 hours ago, SadPanda said:

There was no Russian collusion involving the Trump campaign. None at all.

Thanks, Sgt. Markoff.  I guess you have that on Putin and Donald Trump's authority and didn't bother to actually read the Mueller Report which is completely referenced.

8 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Thanks, Sgt. Markoff.  

Is that from a movie?

This is the 2nd time you've called me that - can you please explain the reference?

14 hours ago, SadPanda said:

Is that from a movie?

This is the 2nd time you've called me that - can you please explain the reference?

Sgt. Markoff is a character from Beau Geste,  a 1939 film with Cary Cooper.   Brian Donlevy plays  Sgt. Markoff.

"They are trained by the sadistic Sergeant Markoff (Brian Donlevy), who was originally from Siberia, but who rose through the ranks of the French Foreign Legion "through his brutality"

Note there was a user here that used Sgt. Markoff as his user-name and avatar.     He didn't get into politics much,  but we debated 'what is noir' a lot.    

All that being said;   I can't explain the odd behavior of others.

8 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Sgt. Markoff is a character from Beau Geste,  a 1939 film with Cary Cooper.   Brian Donlevy plays  Sgt. Markoff.

"They are trained by the sadistic Sergeant Markoff (Brian Donlevy), who was originally from Siberia, but who rose through the ranks of the French Foreign Legion "through his brutality"

Note there was a user here that used Sgt. Markoff as his user-name and avatar.     He didn't get into politics much,  but we debated 'what is noir' a lot.    

All that being said;   I can't explain the odd behavior of others.

Thank you for that information, jamesjazzguitar.  I haven't see the movie, so it's not a wonder that Sergeant Markoff drew a blank.

But I'm unclear as to why Bogie56 is referencing it in relation to me. Is it because I posted a couple of times in the Noir Alley thread?