Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
starstricken

"tcm on demand" problem

It's great that tcm has expanded the time of many of its "on demand" offerings beyond what used to be one standard week, but another issue has developed as a result.  Apparently, tcm can only offer a limited number of "on demand" movies  at any given time, so, regardless of the date that the film is set to expire, the movie will be pushed off the list when there are too many films on the "on demand" list and therefore becomes no longer viewable before its scheduled expiration.  I schedule the movies that I want to see based on their expiration date, but this  date has no meaning when a movie reaches the bottom of the list.  For example, "Mortal Storm", a favorite of mine, was scheduled to expire on 7/14, but because it reached the bottom of the list it was pushed out on 7/10, so it was no longer available for me to see.   The same thing  just happened  today  (7/11) when "I Confess" got pushed off the edge and is no longer available , even though it isn't scheduled to expire until 7/15., which is 4 entire days from now. The problem is that tcm fills up its "on demand" offerings with a lot of garbage, including low rated films that it shows over and over again , resulting in the early expiration of decent films that are worth viewing, at least in my very humble opinion.   I do appreciate tcm, but it needs to perform much more quality control as far as the sheer junk that it offers over and over again.  In any case, tcm needs to prevent films from being expired "on demand" before their scheduled expiration date. This is VERY frustrating.   I don't watch television anymore, so tcm is the only network  that I use with my cable service., so I end up paying a good price for tcm until the day when I can subscribe only to tcm . Thank you for your attention.

• Thanks 1

I notice that some of the films that run in the wee hours don't go on demand, while many of the stalwarts do.  I can click on the date available to make sure I watch it before it expires.

Chaya, daughter of woof woof:  I may sound "drey kupf", but how would I click onto the "date available"? Until now, I only use the "on demand" list. I note the expiration date and then schedule my viewings accordingly. Shalom.

The problem that I identified in my earlier comment is getting even worse! It is frustrating that there is no one at tcm who gives a ratsarse about tcm viewers.  I guess that they figure they'll get the fees from the cable companies anyway, whether tcm viewers are satisfied or not. Such is life in the twenty first century.  Nobody cares about anything except when they are forced to apologize as soon as their bad behavior goes "viral". What a world!  Now films are being pushed off the "on demand" cliff way before they are scheduled to expire.  It will happen now with  two Bresson films that will be pushed off  the end of  the "on demand" list even though they aren't scheduled to expire until 7/28, five days from now.  Same with "Reflections in a Golden Eye", which I wanted to view as well, but won't be able now.  What's worse is that these films are being expired way before their scheduled expiration dates because of pure garbage that is being added to the list.  I think tcm actually likes to drive its viewers crazy. And where else do we have the ability to express our concerns other than here, where  they will never be addressed. Thanks a load, tcm. Great customer service (sarcasm alert!).