Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehat

Ben’s screwball intros to Noir Alley

Of course, the more I think about it, that seems weird to me. Why would I have looked up your other posts if you weren't the OP? Oh, well, thanks for confirming that thread actually existed at one time. I think James thought I was lying about it.

3 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

Of course, the more I think about it, that seems weird to me. Why would I have looked up your other posts if you weren't the OP? Oh, well, thanks for confirming that thread actually existed at one time. I think James thought I was lying about it.

Well, when I pointed out that he only asked why Ben does that, you did say "he doesn't like him - this is not his first bashing of Ben's presentation style"., 

Which was a pretty definite-sounding accusation, and indicated a holding of a hard opinion by you.

I'm glad if this mistake has hopefully cleared that up.

On 7/16/2020 at 5:20 AM, sewhite2000 said:

I didn't think you were lying but only mistaken based on my reading of the post by the OP.

Note that I define lying as knowingly stating an untruth.      Thus of course I didn't think you did that. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah okay.  Let’s watch something happy 🙂 : )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it is Ben M.'s type of humor.  Slightly off topic, I like it when both Ben and Eddie discuss their backgrounds.  Ben is related to the film-making family; however, his father was a journalist.  Eddie's father (I think) was a sports columnist.  They either have good research teams or do a great deal of research themselves.  When they showed Harvey last week, Ben and the newest addition (she hosts the silent films) talked about being the only ones who liked kids.  I didn't understand or think that was funny.

I like when the hosts are opinionated.  Robert Osborne often disagreed with some of his guests on The Essentials (I think one instance was My Fair Lady).

I also appreciate how much work Eddie has done getting footage of previously lost Noir Films

I think we ought to request Warner Bros cartoons on Saturdays hosted by Ben.  That would give him something to focus on and give us all a much needed laugh.