Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7 minutes ago, Steven Solsak said:

I'm still trying a B&W movie with Arthur Kennedy but who are these 2 actors with him

File:Wl film dub uk 1003.jpg

Are you saying the guy on the left is Arthur Kennedy?     I don't think that is Kennedy.

Anyhow,  were the other two in this same movie you believe also contains Kennedy?

The clothes & hair make me think this was a movie from the 1950’s and Kennedy didn’t look like that then. I’m with James on this one. I don’t think that’s him. 

2 hours ago, HelenBaby2 said:

The clothes & hair make me think this was a movie from the 1950’s and Kennedy didn’t look like that then. I’m with James on this one. I don’t think that’s him. 

Yea,  whoever it is looks like they are in their early 20s and that would place this in the early 40s.

To me he looks like a British actor that I have seen,,,,  but just can't recall the name.

The actress in the photo looks like Rose Marie. She wasn't in a lot of feature films. Maybe this is an image from a TV movie, TV special or appearance she made on a series.

Plus it looks like the woman is singing, and Rose Marie was a singer.

If it is Rose Marie, then I'd say this has to be the mid to late 50s or early 60s, given her age in this photograph.

1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

The actress in the photo looks like Rose Marie. She wasn't in a lot of feature films. Maybe this is an image from a TV movie, TV special or appearance she made on a series.

Plus it looks like the woman is singing, and Rose Marie was a singer.

If it is Rose Marie, then I'd say this has to be the mid to late 50s or early 60s, given her age in this photograph.

That's what I was thinking too. I looked  Rose Marie up on IMDB yesterday but there are  substantial appearances for her on tv shows. Her hair is a little bit longer than she normally wore and she doesn't have that dopey bow in her hair, that she was known for in her 60's  appearances so probably more like the '50's I think. He doesn't look like Arthur Kennedy to me, but does look familiar. If anyone has the patience to check out all of Rose Marie's credits, the answer might be there.

2 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

That's what I was thinking too. I looked  Rose Marie up on IMDB yesterday but there are are substantial appearances for her on tv shows. Her hair is a little bit longer than she normally wore and she doesn't have that dopey bow in her hair, probably more like the '50's I think. He doesn't look like Arthur Kennedy to me, but does look familiar. If anyone has the patience to check out all of Rose Marie's credits, the answer might be there.

For anyone that does look up Rose Marie's credits on the IMDb, I would suggest clicking on the button that says Self. Mainly because she often did not play a character, but rather appeared as herself when she turned up on a show to perform a song.

She did a musical short for Universal in 1953 with Hugh O'Brian. But I'm not sure if any of the guys in the OP's photo is Hugh O'Brian.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0292708/?ref_=_6

The photo is from a site called "Film Dub." The photo is on this page:

https://whoselineisitanyway.fandom.com/wiki/Film_Dub/Gallery

Although it's listed under UK Season 10, some of the other clips under UK are not from the UK, so this clip may or may not be from a British film. But judging from the clothing, I think it is. The woman does not look like Rose Marie. But she does appear to be getting sick to her stomach.

Are we all being put to work to help someone identify the unknowns on that website? Do we win something?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

The url  for the photo contans "Wl_film_dub_uk_" which suggests to me that is from a British film featuring the debut of someone, possibly with the initlals WI ... unless the original poster here put that in himself.

The woman does not look like Rose Marie. But she does appear to be getting sick to her stomach.

Just a word of caution in case someone might run with the "UK" clue...

The photo is captured from a web site devoted to the panel show Whose Line Is It Anyway.  The show has a game segment called "Film Dub" where improv actors dub new dialogue onto old films or TV shows.  They don't  acknowledge the source material.  Both US and UK versions of the show used film sources from a variety of places.  In this case the "UK" in the URL indicates it's from the UK version of the TV show, and not necessarily a UK film. 

Happy hunting...

1 minute ago, txfilmfan said:

Just a word of caution in case someone might run with the "UK" clue...

The photo is captured from a web site devoted to the panel show Whose Line Is It Anyway.  The show has a game segment called "Film Dub" where improv actors dub new dialogue onto old films or TV shows.  They don't  acknowledge the source material.  Both US and UK versions of the show used film sources from a variety of places.  In this case the "UK" in the URL indicates it's from the UK version of the TV show, and not necessarily a UK film. 

Happy hunting...

Thanks, I had actually deleted then re-edited my post just before you quoted me. I apologize for the confusion.

1 hour ago, txfilmfan said:

Here's the film in context of the TV program.  The action may help some.    It appears to be a 50s horror film.

so at 8:14 in the clip has a knight with a tool about to break down a door

2 hours ago, Steven Solsak said:

so at 8:14 in the clip has a knight with a tool about to break down a door

So are you still interested in what movie (or T.V. program),  this is since these are British actors (like I suspected)  and thus that guy is NOT Arthur Kennedy?