Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Little Rascals Question

Victor

I'm looking for the episode where

I believe that it is Porky that goes into a Medicine Cabinet and grabs a bottle of either Smelling Salts or Alum. He opens the bottle and takes a sniff...His hat then begins to float off of his head.

Anyone Know?

*Sounds like last weekend at my house, and I would thank you not to look at my stolen security-cam footage!*

Chipsy dearest,

Isn't that EVERY weekend at your house? Please send Godfrey to the billiards room with more refreshments.

Thanks so much,

The Countess

Nothing against the ill-fated Mr. Laughlin...I'm sure he was a swell kid, and I'm sorry he died young. And I'm sure he was just doing what he was told in the Our Gang films, but unfortunately he was the very personification of what was wrong with the Our Gang shorts made by MGM after Hal Roach stopped producing them in 1938. Unfunny unappealing untalented kids attempting to take the place of irreplaceable talents and personalities like Stymie, Spanky, Darla, Alfalfa, Buckwheat, etc.

Yes, that?s it. The local TV stations had to warm up their old tube-based electronic equipment every morning. The tubes worked better when they were warm and the temperature stabilized. This type of test pattern allowed the engineers to make slight adjustments in their equipment from day to day, to make sure their image was of the correct proportions, horizontally and vertically, and to adjust the brightness, blackness of the blacks, and the general contrast of the image.

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> Yes, thats it. The local TV stations had to warm up their old tube-based electronic equipment every morning. The tubes worked better when they were warm and the temperature stabilized. This type of test pattern allowed the engineers to make slight adjustments in their equipment from day to day, to make sure their image was of the correct proportions, horizontally and vertically, and to adjust the brightness, blackness of the blacks, and the general contrast of the image.

Thanks, I always wondered what that was for. Of course, it doesn't explain the Indian.

There might be an interenet test pattern for computer monitors, which can get out of adjustment over a period of years.

I never figured out the significance of the Indian. Later, when they went to a color test pattern, they used the face of a young model.

>>...but unfortunately he was the very personification of what was wrong with the Our Gang shorts made by MGM after Hal Roach stopped producing them in 1938.

TCM aired one of them recently. It was "Little Miss Pinkerton" which committed the incredible poor judgment to include the kids witnessing the murder of an elderly friend.