Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Celebrating Hollywood Legends still with us!

4 more.   2 from WEST SIDE STORY:  Rita Moreno  and George Chakiris

Then we also have James Darren and Abbe Lane 

All in their mid to late 80's.  Check IMDb.com for exact dates.

• Like 1

OMG !    Actor , Director,  Conservationist ... The Sundance Kid  Robert Redford

Here's Johnny .... Jack Nicholson

MIDNIGHT  COWBOY.... John Voight  and  Ratso Rizzo... Dustin Hoffman 

The great prizefighter Jack Johnson....James Earl Jones

• Like 1

Stathis Giallelis (born 1941) didn't make many movies, but he made a splash as the lead in America America (1963).  He retired from acting to work as a teacher and still lives in the NY metropolitan area.

• Like 1

More  octogenarians  :

Katharine Ross   80

Julie  Christie       80

James  Caan          80

Samantha  Eggar    81

Terence  Stamp      82

Tom Courtenay      83

Alan  Alda                 84

Donald  Sutherland   85

Alan  Arkin          86

Carol  Burnett    87

Joel  Grey          88

• Like 2

I've seen several veterans of West Side Story and Twin Peaks mentioned, but I haven't seen Richard Beymer, a veteran of both, mentioned. He's 81. He came out of a 16-year retirement to reprise his role of Benjamin Horne in 2017's Twin Peaks: the Return.

21 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

I've seen several veterans of West Side Story and Twin Peaks mentioned, but I haven't seen Richard Beymer, a veteran of both, mentioned. He's 81. He came out of a 16-year retirement to reprise his role of Benjamin Horne in 2017's Twin Peaks: the Return.

Thanks  for posting that,sewhite2000.

• Like 1

Sondra Lee will be 90 this month. A dancer, actress, and teacher, she played Minnie Fay in the original Broadway production of Hello, Dolly! She also played Tiger Lily in Peter Pan, in the production that starred Mary Martin on stage and in the television broadcast a few years later.  She was a dancer in the original Broadway production of High Button Shoes with Phil Silvers. She has an uncredited role in Fellini's La Dolce Vita.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwn_NQW1vFwgTws6vituQ

Sondra Lee in Hello, Dolly! (1964)

I've met her a couple of times but haven't read her book. Evidently Marlon Brando was one of her lovers.

41-hF4f50lL._SX312_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.masterworksbroadway.com/artist/sondra-lee/

I guess this post is appropriate in this topic: I'd like to wish one of my favorite dancing ladies, Marge Champion, a happy 101st birthday today. She was born September2nd, 1919!

marge.jpg     images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy3z4auXF-BpVFE-wV6p5

• Like 3
4 hours ago, sagebrush said:

I guess this post is appropriate in this topic: I'd like to wish one of my favorite dancing ladies, Marge Champion, a happy 101st birthday today. She was born September2nd, 1919!

marge.jpg     images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy3z4auXF-BpVFE-wV6p5

She was in Show Boat (1951),   which was a very popular musical of the era.     Here husband,  Gower was also in the film as her dancing partner.

Plus she was the model for Snow White.     

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

She was in Show Boat (1951),   which was a very popular musical of the era.     Here husband,  Glover was also in the film as her dancing partner.

Plus she was the model for Snow White.     

I didn't glower when I read your misspelling of Gower's name here, James. ;)

A venerable actor (not Hollywood though) who is still with us is Geoffrey Palmer, who is 93. Best known for his starring role with Judi Dench in As Time Goes By, he has made many movies and appeared on stage and television as well. His most recent film, An Unquiet Life, in post production, is about the marriage of Patricia Neal and Roald Dahl.

340?cb=20120418223601

• Like 1