Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alicicia Malone: I Will be your William Powell

I live in Socal AKA Orange Couny.  I will take you to Providence (rated #1 restaurant in LA).  Or patisse... the top French restaurant in LA.  Or Wolfgang Puck’s Spago as the top American-restaurant in Beverly Hills.  A high-end restaurant for a high-end TCM host is worth it

(IMHO) 

3 hours ago, Davehat said:

I live in Socal AKA Orange Couny.  I will take you to Providence (rated #1 restaurant in LA).  Or patisse... the top French restaurant in LA.  Or Wolfgang Puck’s Spago as the top American-restaurant in Beverly Hills.  A high-end restaurant for a high-end TCM host is worth it

(IMHO) 

...But remember, Dave, only takeout. 😉

12 hours ago, Davehat said:

(IMHO) 

Why drive that far;   I recommend Laguna Beach;    E.g.   Las Brisas (more for the vibe and view than the food).       Then one can walk to the cove where the Flynn \ Rathbone fight scene over Olivia DeHavilland was filmed for Captain Blood.     I went there last night to honor the passing of Olivia.     

• Like 1
10 hours ago, slaytonf said:

I would take her to Norm's.

LOL

HEY, their sirloin and shrimp, surf and turf dinner special for $8.99 is actually pretty darn tasty as I recall.

(...heck, you even got soup AND salad AND dessert thrown in on the deal TOO!)  ;)

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, SadPanda said:

Is that really how her name is spelled? Alicicia?

I think it is.

(...in Serserbia, anyway)

9 minutes ago, Dargo said:

I think it is.

(...in Serserbia, anyway)

But we pronounce it as Alishia, right?

The way it's spelled comes out as Alishishia to me. Or Alissassia or Alissishia. 

I get so confused with names nowadays.

And btw Dave, you DO know IF this all comes about with Alicia, and after you've promised to be "her William Powell" for the evening, you're gonna have to grow one of the little pencil-thin mustaches for her and like Powell sported.

(...and so my advice is to immediately cease shaving you upper lip until further notice 'cause you never know when you might get lucky in life)

4 minutes ago, Dargo said:

And btw Dave, you DO know IFthis all comes about with Alicia, and after you've promised to be "her William Powell" for the evening, you're gonna have to grow one of the little pencil-thin mustaches for her and like Powell sported.

(...and so my advice is to immediately cease shaving you upper lip until further notice 'cause you never know when you might get lucky in life)

Well, actually - he'd still probably have to shave most of it.

37 minutes ago, Dargo said:

LOL

HEY, their sirloin and shrimp, surf and turf dinner special for $8.99 is actually pretty darn tasty as I recall.

(...heck, you even got soup AND salad AND desert thrown in on the deal TOO!)  ;)

Natch.

2 minutes ago, SadPanda said:

Well, actually - he'd still probably have to shave most of it.

Good point! And NOW while we're contemplating the proper shaving technique for Dave and once he gets a good "base" to work with on his upper lip, how about a little musical interlude here...

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Come on,  at least take her to Outbacks! 

The only place I'd take her instead is Tail o' the Pup, and that's not there anymore.  Well, maybe Du Par's.

1 minute ago, slaytonf said:

The only place I'd take her instead is Tail o' the Pup, and that's not there anymore.  Well, maybe Du Par's.

You're not attracted??

I think she's yummy.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Dargo said:

LOL

(...heck, you even got soup AND salad AND desert thrown in on the deal TOO!)  ;)

Now yer talkin'.  Throw in the aesthetics of a cheesy cabaret show (just not Chuck E. Cheese), and I'd be all in.

• Like 1
Just now, MovieCollectorOH said:

Now yer talkin'.  Throw in the aesthetics of a cheesy cabaret show (just not Chuck E. Cheese), and I'd be all in.

Hey! Norm's is an institute!

3 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Ya know MCOH, I think I remember Dr. Demento playing this record on his radio show back in the day.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

You misunderstand. 

Yeah, they must have, slayton. I didn't get the idea at ALL that you didn't think Alicia is attractive with your Norm's dinner suggestion.

(...nope, the only idea I GOT was that you must be one cheap son of a gun, that's all) ;)

15 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

You misunderstand. 

Oops, sorry. I thought when you said you'd only take her to a closed restaurant......

I misunderstood. Sorry, again.

6 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

Man, you guys don't have a clue. 

So, are you sayin' that YOU are as tight with a buck as Fred MacMurry was reported to be?

HEY! That reminds me! Did you know that the very first date Fred had with June Haver, he took HER to Norm's TOO?

(...well, that was what I've heard anyway)  ;)

Btw here Dave, and speakin' of Fred MacMurray and mustaches...

I'm thinkin' if after you grow your 'stache out and you find you're JUST not quite gettin' the William Powell thing goin' on for Alicia, you might consider using Fred's look here as a backup measure...

57150bbb97dcf__fred-macmurray.jpg

(...yeah yeah, I know...Freddy here isn't quite rockin' it like Bill always did with HIS 'stache, but as they say, you can only use what ya got, right?!)