Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alicicia Malone: I Will be your William Powell

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

So, are you sayin' that YOU are as tight with a buck as Fred MacMurry was reported to be?

HEY! That reminds me! Did you know that the very first date Fred had with June Haver, he took HER to Norm's TOO?

(...well, that was what I've heard anyway)  ;)

You're determined to misunderstand.  I'll give you a hint:

"A dozen woses.  How owdinawy."

On 7/30/2020 at 3:48 PM, Dargo said:

And btw Dave, you DO know IF this all comes about with Alicia, and after you've promised to be "her William Powell" for the evening, you're gonna have to grow one of the little pencil-thin mustaches for her and like Powell sported.

(...and so my advice is to immediately cease shaving you upper lip until further notice 'cause you never know when you might get lucky in life)

And we're not even sure Alicia( which in my wife's case I always pronounced it "Ah-LEE- see ya".  ;)) even likes Powell that much.  At least had any interest in him being her paramour. 

Sepiatone

16 minutes ago, Davehat said:

She commented “I still have not found my William Powell.  Maybe some day,” in the outro to his movie The Thin Man

🙂

Correct.  You wouldn't have created this thread  otherwise.    What about my recommendations for a great evening?    To me going to Laguna Beach is better than going to L.A. 

Like I said one can go to the beach and cove where a few studio-era movies were made during the 30s and  40s.

4 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Correct.  You wouldn't have created this thread  otherwise.    What about my recommendations for a great evening?    To me going to Laguna Beach is better than going to L.A. 

Like I said one can go to the beach and cove where a few studio-era movies were made during the 30s and  40s.

Sure, I suppose Dave could take Alicia to that cove near Laguna Beach, but then what would they do once they got there? They certainly wouldn't want to recreate the sword fight Errol and Basil got into here, now would they?

Oh, wait! I'VE got IT!

Instead of Dave being Alicia's William Powell, he could become her Burt Lancaster INSTEAD here...

giphy.gif

(...although I'm not sure how Alicia feels about Burt, I'd think she'd probably be okay with this too...and besides, THEN Dave wouldn't even have to grow one of those little mustaches either...sounds like a win-win all-round to me here anyway...well, once again IF Alicia would be okay with all this, that is)