Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 hours ago, misswonderly3 said:

And also there's the word play;  people sometimes refer to recovery from surgery as taking time to "knit together", their bones or whatever.  ( as I'm aware that you know.)

The original transition was from: "This is a time for rest and allowing your body to knit." to: "Knitting is good." to: "You can find many good instructional videos..." You might attribute the evolution of thought to my free-wheeling intellect or to the excellent rum which I was sipping or to the change from oral percodan to direct-injection morphine which I recently embraced.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Well, like I said elsewhere, the biggest disappointment is that the screws in my vertebrae are titanium and won't set off the alarms at the store's exits.  :D 

Sepiatone

I dunno . . .I was hit/run over by an SUV while walking across a street in Anchorage, Alaska a few years back (nothing like 10 days in an Anchorage hospital)  and the titanium screws the surgeon put in my leg always set off alarms at TSA despite the docs saying they would not.  I eventually had them removed and, guess what? No more TSA "special wanding!"  Be well.

7 hours ago, lydecker said:

I dunno . . .I was hit/run over by an SUV while walking across a street in Anchorage, Alaska a few years back (nothing like 10 days in an Anchorage hospital)  and the titanium screws the surgeon put in my leg always set off alarms at TSA despite the docs saying they would not.  I eventually had them removed and, guess what? No more TSA "special wanding!"  Be well.

Yep laffite! This right HERE is the problem with how the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce and Tourist Bureau does business.

SURE, they're warn ya about all the grizzlies they've got up there, but not a WORD about all the lousy drivers they've got up there too, RIGHT?!  ;) 

(...glad to hear you're doin' fine now...and Sepia, here's hopin' you TOO will be out and about and pain-free in no time, also)

9 hours ago, SansFin said:

The original transition was from: "This is a time for rest and allowing your body to knit." to: "Knitting is good." to: "You can find many good instructional videos..." You might attribute the evolution of thought to my free-wheeling intellect or to the excellent rum which I was sipping or to the change from oral percodan to direct-injection morphine which I recently embraced.

Morphine makes my head feel weird.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Dargo said:

Yep laffite! This right HERE is the problem with how the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce and Tourist Bureau does business.

SURE, they're warn ya about all the grizzlies they've got up there, but not a WORD about all the lousy drivers they've got up there too, RIGHT?!  ;) 

(...glad to hear you're doin' fine now...and Sepia, here's hopin' you TOO will be out and about and pain-free in no time, also)

Lousy drivers is right.  It was a young guy driving a giant SUV who was on his cell phone instead of watching the road (and those damn pedestrians who were crossing the road.) Thank God he (and his daddy) were insured.  But, I've got to say  -- great docs in Anchorage and after ****ing endlessly that "I came all this way and never even saw a moose," on the day before I flew home, I was wheeled out of the hospital, deposited in a car and taken out to SEE MOOSE.  Very nice people at Alaska Regional Hospital.  

• Like 4
On 8/4/2020 at 10:26 AM, lydecker said:

Lousy drivers is right.  It was a young guy driving a giant SUV who was on his cell phone instead of watching the road (and those damn pedestrians who were crossing the road.) Thank God he (and his daddy) were insured.  But, I've got to say  -- great docs in Anchorage and after ****ing endlessly that "I came all this way and never even saw a moose," on the day before I flew home, I was wheeled out of the hospital, deposited in a car and taken out to SEE MOOSE.  Very nice people at Alaska Regional Hospital.  

There's a winding section of country road a couple towns away from me where cars often veer off the road.  One homeowner, just after the crest of one of the curves, put up big heavy concrete blocks, set back about 50 feet or so in his yard.  Then he planted some foliage around that to make it look better, obscuring the concrete blocks.  If you look carefully on a sunny day, you can see broken pieces of cars all around that.  It was either that or his house. 

P.S.
@lydecker  Just some free association, based on the premise of your post being due to inattentive drivers.

• Sad 1
On 8/3/2020 at 11:54 PM, SadPanda said:

Morphine makes my head feel weird.

The primary reason to change to injection is so that I can find that spot where the pain is significantly eased with nearly no other effects. Oral medication is at all times under- or over-medication to some degree.