Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Miscellaneous titles knocking around in your brain you've long wondered about.

Wondered about Girl on a Motorcycle (1968) until last year, when I found it somewhere.  And The Monitors (1969).  That's on YouTube now.  But what about I'll Never Forget What's'isname (1967)?  Or The Lady in the Car With Glasses and a Gun (1970)?

Joe and Ethel Turp Call on the President
Can Heironymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness
Oh, Dad, Poor Dad, Mom's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feeling So Sad

As for Girl on a Motorcycle, it's hilariously bad.  Marianne Faithfull couldn't act; indeed, she could barely sit in front of the rear-projection photography.

24 minutes ago, Fedya said:

Marianne Faithfull couldn't act; indeed, she could barely sit in front of the rear-projection photography.

Was that what she was in the movie for?

25 minutes ago, Fedya said:

Oh, Dad, Poor Dad, Mom's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feeling So Sad

Yeah.  That one, too.

There's another.  I don't remember the title.  It goes something like:  Who is (name) and why is he trying to (something)?

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Fedya said:

As for Girl on a Motorcycle, it's hilariously bad.  Marianne Faithfull couldn't act; indeed, she could barely sit in front of the rear-projection photography.

She was sexy, though. In the 60's anyway.

27 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

Yeah.  That one, too.

There's another.  I don't remember the title.  It goes something like:  Who is (name) and why is he trying to (something)?

Who is Harry Kellerman and Why is He Saying Those Terrible Things about Me?

I wondered of: Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death (1989) because I like very much parodies of cheap movies. I recently watched: The VelociPastor (2018) and found it to be quite delightful.

I wish that I could say as much of: CWitAJoD. I made two attempts to watch the movie in full and then I made two quite serious attempts to watch from at least the middle to the end. I do not know if it is a good thing or a bad thing that I have discovered through these attempts the exact level of disgusting pain which I would be able to inflict upon myself. It is with neither pride nor shame but as simple fact that I am able to state definitively that the level is not so high as to allow watching more than approx. 64%.

• Haha 1

Not wondering about the title( "Killer Klowns From Outer Space")  But still wondering why they ever bothered making that "movie".

Sepiatone

Two titles I've wondered about really. First is "Forgotten Faces" that I saw at Capitolfest in 2014. It was truly an excellent silent in good condition. But it belongs to Paramount and probably has no hope of being put out where anybody can see it or buy a copy unless Criterion picks it up somehow. My husband hates hates hates silent film, but this one had him on the edge of his seat.

The other title I wondered about, but that was the problem - I had no idea what the title was. That is, until, Lawrence A mentioned it on this board. I recognized the description and the title was "Chosen Survivors". I didn't know what it was because I saw it back in 1974 on a date. I never saw that film again.  And now it is on Blu by Kino Lorber with a commentary track, and I picked it up during the Kino Lorber sale just the other day. 

I know They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969) isn't about the hoof-and-mouth treatment from "Hud", but in tracking down great gritty-critical late-60's/early-70's lost Oscar fodder, it seems to have dropped off the map.  🤔

MV5BY2I3ZmQwOGMtMjdhMy00MjdkLTg3Y2ItMjZh

Here's one I know a friend of ours up in Canada wouldn't be the LEAST bit interested in ever seeing, let alone would ever "wonder about"...

MV5BMDM5YzZmZjUtMjkzOS00ODBkLWE1OWUtODdm

2 hours ago, Dargo said:

Here's one I know a friend of ours up in Canada wouldn't be the LEAST bit interested in ever seeing, let alone would ever "wonder about"...

(Second mention, and I can't believe people haven't seen this one yet, especially with its MGM-orphan saturation on streaming.

A little indie-amateur rough around the edges, but somebody's clearly studied up on his 80's Beetlejuice-era Tim Burton.)  🤡

werewolves-on-wheels-poster.jpg

I use this graphic on a t-shirt-bet it's way better than the movie. Made one for TV's Frank.

Another graphic I print:

6b4d6db6f3ac4cd9c9a49b069a9dd097.jpg

Love the sentiment.

I was always intrigued by the title, LOVE AND PAIN AND THE WHOLE DAMN THING from 1973. Finally saw it when TCM broadcast it a few years ago. Loved it. Use the phrase in conversation, few get it.

Love_and_Pain_and_the_Whole_Damn_Thing.j

• Like 1
On 8/2/2020 at 6:09 PM, sewhite2000 said:

Who is Harry Kellerman and Why is He Saying Those Terrible Things about Me?

This is not one of the highlights of Dustin Hoffman's career.

On the other hand, it's most unfortunate if They Shoot Horses, Don't They? isn't easily available. One of the best films of its time.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Used to wonder about this one

I'll let other certain MST3K-fan posters chime in on this one--Whatever you expect from the title, it's a dreary home-camera disappointment either way.

I'm wondering how Joe Bob Briggs managed to get on the credits...Is this graphic from a disk release with Mr. Briggs' commentary?  I've been looking around for more of those. 

2 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

At least They Shoot Horses looks like a movie😁

Thanks for help with the search, comrade...  🇷🇺

That's one more movie on my Frustrating Search list down, two more to go....I guess Mr. Quilp (aka The Old Curiosity Shop) (1975) would also qualify for the thread?

514M3Iu028L._AC_.jpg

Kriss, the Sword of Death, more commonly called Goona Goona. I saw this one on YouTube but I barely remember anything about it. I'll have to see it again.