Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Democrats Terrified of Biden Debating President Trump

21 hours ago, Swithin said:

Perhaps one way to have effective debates would be to have both candidates agree that, if either of them utters an obvious lie, the moderators should serve as on the spot fact checkers and would be able to correct the speaker.

Good idea, but moderators would have to have an immediately available source "document" and recognize that the statement was probably a lie.  It especially would not work with Trump because he will lie about things other than what the moderators asked.

Basically, Biden has more to lose than Trump.  You can bet the RNC and Trump Campaign will have lots of recording devices aimed at Biden full-time.  Then they will select the worst facial expressions, comments, pauses and whatever to use in their ads.

28 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Good idea, but moderators would have to have an immediately available source "document" and recognize that the statement was probably a lie.  It especially would not work with Trump because he will lie about things other than what the moderators asked.

Basically, Biden has more to lose than Trump.  You can bet the RNC and Trump Campaign will have lots of recording devices aimed at Biden full-time.  Then they will select the worst facial expressions, comments, pauses and whatever to use in their ads.

The more basic problem for Biden is that his moderate stances will get more media coverage and that can only hurt him.   So far the progressive wing of the Dem party has been mostly silent with regards to their disappointment with the old-white-establishment-guy,    letting activist do the talking,  with the backdrop that these activist don't represent the Dem party as a whole.   

E.g.  if Biden is asked about defunding of police departments;   for a moderate politician like Biden that wants to ensure he doesn't upset any part of the fragile Dem coalition that requires a lot of nuance.     For Trump such a question is just what he wants since he doesn't have to provide any nuance,  just the talking-points of "I'm for law and order, and the police are an important component to ensure this,  and as we see in Dem run cities,  that isn't happening".

Of course Biden could go-left,  saying what BLM,  A.O.C.  etc.. want to hear but then the moderates would be the one squawking the next morning.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

But It will be, what it will be.  :D

What the hell is that?  Your version of "It is what it is."?   

What I noticed most throughout all the previous "debates" was too many people interrupting(something I got my face smacked for when I was a kid) and people talking out of turn which is what I always thought was the moderator's job to discourage.  And you just know, should a Trump/Biden debate takes place that Trump will rudely interrupt each chance he gets.  And yeah, I know Joe is no slouch in that department either.

Sepiatone

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

What the hell is that?  Your version of "It is what it is."?   

What I noticed most throughout all the previous "debates" was too many people interrupting(something I got my face smacked for when I was a kid) and people talking out of turn which is what I always thought was the moderator's job to discourage.  And you just know, should a Trump/Biden debate takes place that Trump will rudely interrupt each chance he gets.  And yeah, I know Joe is no slouch in that department either.

Sepiatone

Biden and the Democrats have already committed to three debates with Trump, if Trump is willing to do it.  Big question is will Trump behave himself and act like an adult?  He never has before.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Biden and the Democrats have already committed to three debates with Trump, if Trump is willing to do it.  Big question is will Trump behave himself and act like an adult?  He never has before.

Isn't the actual big question how undecided voters will respond to Trump-being-Trump?     As most of us know,  the odds of Trump changing and thus acting like an adult (as well as NOT lying,   NOT making racially charged comments,  insulting women,  etc....),   are .000001%.     

Most of the MSM will call out Trump on these items post the debate and even Fox will have a few,  like Wallace,  that will as well.     My biggest concern is that Biden will "take the bait" Trump will offer him,  and go "far-left"  as it relates to defunding of police,  violence protests,    and other issues like a minimum-guaranteed-income etc..  

9 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Isn't the actual big question how undecided voters will respond to Trump-being-Trump?     As most of us know,  the odds of Trump changing and thus acting like an adult (as well as NOT lying,   NOT making racially charged comments,  insulting women,  etc....),   are .000001%.     

Most of the MSM will call out Trump on these items post the debate and even Fox will have a few,  like Wallace,  that will as well.     My biggest concern is that Biden will "take the bait" Trump will offer him,  and go "far-left"  as it relates to defunding of police,  violence protests,    and other issues like a minimum-guaranteed-income etc..  

it would be priceless if Biden's blonde haired wife ran up on stage and started wacking donny with her pocketbook.

:lol:

• Thanks 1

In being true to his form( and to "the donald's" dismay) KANYE WEST might jump up on the stage and grab either Joe or Donny's mic and start babbling something about Beyonce!  :D 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1