Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Title search not working

Lately it seems whenever I try to do a title search on the TCM search page, it comes up blank. The only way to search a film on the website is to click a title currently on the schedule. If you're trying to search a title not on the schedule, forget it. What is the problem?

17 hours ago, skipd55 said:

Lately it seems whenever I try to do a title search on the TCM search page, it comes up blank. The only way to search a film on the website is to click a title currently on the schedule. If you're trying to search a title not on the schedule, forget it. What is the problem?

You talking about searching for a title on the TCBDB page?  That is just a bit slow, I use it at the end of each month to verify a few titles myself, and it still works. 

It might seem like it is dead, but it just needs a few seconds.  Also it helps to not put the year into it, even if the year matches whatever year they have for it (whether their year is actually correct or not, it doesn't matter).  Using this method, you may need to scroll through a few pages of listings just to get to the movie you are looking for.

On 8/4/2020 at 3:30 PM, MovieCollectorOH said:

You talking about searching for a title on the TCBDB page?  That is just a bit slow, I use it at the end of each month to verify a few titles myself, and it still works. 

It might seem like it is dead, but it just needs a few seconds.  Also it helps to not put the year into it, even if the year matches whatever year they have for it (whether their year is actually correct or not, it doesn't matter).  Using this method, you may need to scroll through a few pages of listings just to get to the movie you are looking for.

Thanks, MovieCollectorOH, but it's not the TCMDB page. I'm talking about the search box on the home page. That search engine has been ineffective for quite a while now. In the past, all you needed to do was enter a title and the info for that film and similarly titled films would come up, and you'd just click the one you wanted. Now, nothing comes up. What gives?