Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

paramount's dream has finally come true: they have killed Star Trek

william shatner has said his kirk days are over for all time. gee, I didn't know that him not portraying kirk since that 1994 horrific blasphemy Generations which paramount used to rid itself of william shatner as kirk.

shatner is blameless in my view for it was paramount who decided to cut his kirk days short and the result was that all that star trek had been ended for most first generation trekkers have always known that shatner as kirk was 99% of the guts of TOS.

and I am grateful that shatner never kissed their **** by agreeing to appear in any of the cruddy substandard spin-offs.

we have lost star trek...but we thank bill shatner for his unmatched contribution to 20th century television entertainment. bill as jim kirk was the bold in the star trek intro.

attaboy, bill, you knew how to handle the green orion slave chicks.

you're the man!

"to James T. Kirk, captain of the Enterprise."

Star Trek The Original Series Rewatch: “The Ultimate Computer ...

Meanwhile, many of us have gotten along without Shatner/Kirk very well. Season 2 of "Star Trek: Picard" begins next year on CBS All Access.

See the source image

• Like 1

As usual, I have....NO idea what the OP is talking about (since only he does), but I guarantee Paramount has no intention of killing off Trek.

Quite the franchise-starving reverse, in fact, as if they had, they wouldn't have subjected us to the horrors of "Star Trek: Beyond", let alone literally brand all of CBSAccess behind it, just on the basis of "Picard"'s ratings.  

On top the Mountain, it's Trek, Turtles, Transformers, Dora, and Bueller/Grease revivals.

I'm not sure the world is ready for "Star Trek: Lower Decks," the animated series that began on CBS All Access last night.

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

william shatner has said his kirk days are over for all time. gee, I didn't know that him not portraying kirk since that 1994 horrific blasphemy Generations which paramount used to rid itself of william shatner as kirk.

shatner is blameless in my view for it was paramount who decided to cut his kirk days short and the result was that all that star trek had been ended for most first generation trekkers have always known that shatner as kirk was 99% of the guts of TOS.

and I am grateful that shatner never kissed their **** by agreeing to appear in any of the cruddy substandard spin-offs.

we have lost star trek...but we thank bill shatner for his unmatched contribution to 20th century television entertainment. bill as jim kirk was the bold in the star trek intro.

attaboy, bill, you knew how to handle the green orion slave chicks.

you're the man!

"to James T. Kirk, captain of the Enterprise."

Star Trek The Original Series Rewatch: “The Ultimate Computer ...

You tell 'em kiddo!

Shatner's got a hit TV show on the History Channel. He doesn't seem to be one who looks backwards, always forwards into some new venture.

I'm amazed at the energy he has at his age. He constantly reinvents himself. Now, he's a top name in Ufology and will be headlining conventions once they resume.

of course it's too late for shatner to ever play kirk again....paramount has made it so. everything that is currently called trek is greedy franchise horsheet meant for millennials and Xers.

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

"Star Trek: Picard"

Picard is emasculated.  Instead of the strong confident captain we saw from 1987 onward, he’s been turned into a wimp, that lets people boss him around.  CBS ruined the character in similar fashion as Disney did to Luke Skywalker (also emasculated).

The show also ruined 7 of 9’s character & the Federation itself. It’s no longer paradise on earth, and Roddenberry’s positive future.  Instead it looks like a dystopia (which I would not want to visit).

• Like 1

As for Shatner he treats the fans like dirt.  I’ve seen him in person 4 times, and three of those times he insulted either the audience or a fan or another on-stage guest (in one case he insulted all 3 the same time).  I like Kirk, not the actor

5 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

The man is 89 years old.  Even if he were to reprise his Kirk role, it wouldn't be the same.  Time to move on.  Nothing lasts forever.

Now Tex, surely you know that when some crushes develop during one's adolescent years, and such as was obviously the case when Nip first watched Bill Shatner so forcefully commanding the Starship Enterprise back in the late-1960s, well, those little crushes can last a LIFETIME with some people, ya know!

(...sure, this sort'a thing is NOW what's called a "man-crush" that Nip has here, but it's STILL a crush ya know, and personally I think it's kind'a "cute"!!!)  ;)

LOL

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

I'm not sure the world is ready for "Star Trek: Lower Decks," the animated series that began on CBS All Access last night.

To be fair, TNG already had a below-decks episode

14 hours ago, Davehat said:

As for Shatner he treats the fans like dirt.  I’ve seen him in person 4 times, and three of those times he insulted either the audience or a fan or another on-stage guest (in one case he insulted all 3 the same time).  I like Kirk, not the actor 

BTW why are we discussing Trek on TCM’s classic movie website?  Seems this should be moved to “off topic” section.

I guess I agree. I think shatner has never thought too much of the fans because maybe he felt we're a buncha guys who never got layed like he has.

:lol:

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

I guess I agree. I think shatner has never thought too much of the fans because maybe he felt we're a buncha guys who never got layed like he has.

:lol:

or maybe he thought we were a buncha kiddie rejects who have never known women and built our whole lives around a fictional TV show....

well it didn't hurt him any!

he should appreciate us admiring his masculine virility so much. we saw him as a hero and an idol...

looking at that I still gotta say he was one wild and crazy spacefaring sonafagun!

he showed an entire generation howda handle space chicks.

Give Kirk A Break—Spock's the One Putting Women Back in the ...