Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's new Postal Service?

The U.S. Postal Service has warned Pennsylvania that mail ballots may not be delivered on time to be counted

because the state's deadlines are too tight for its "delivery standards,"

casting doubt on Pennsylvania's ability to conduct the election by mail.

:(
==================================

-VOTE EARLY !!

Time for everyone to contact your Congressional delegation and governor.

The Republicans need to advance a specific, stand-alone bill to fund the US Postal Service at the amount the Postal Service Regulatory Commission (Trump appointees) requested.  Actually the same amount as in the House pandemic bill.

• Like 2

Mark Ⴟ Delaney

@markdelaneysays

Please share this picture far and wide. Trump is trying to steal the election. He is gutting the USPS to make it difficult for people to vote by mail. Here in Oregon, that’s our only option. This demands attention!

@OregonGovBrown

--------------------------------------------------------------

The driver was loading a seventh mailbox onto the truck with six more. I took the picture.

Some have suggested these are decommissioned, but I find it odd that

at least seven were simultaneously decommissioned in one working class neighborhood.

:unsure:

Ee8X8jsUMAEUnWS?format=jpg&name=medium

• Thanks 1
·
3h

NPR has learned that a bipartisan group of election officials requested to meet with the new postmaster general this week

to discuss concerns about how recent cutbacks will affect mail-in voting in November.

Their invitation has yet to be accepted.
29 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Mark Ⴟ Delaney

@markdelaneysays

Please share this picture far and wide. Trump is trying to steal the election. He is gutting the USPS to make it difficult for people to vote by mail. Here in Oregon, that’s our only option. This demands attention!

@OregonGovBrown

--------------------------------------------------------------

The driver was loading a seventh mailbox onto the truck with six more. I took the picture.

Some have suggested these are decommissioned, but I find it odd that

at least seven were simultaneously decommissioned in one working class neighborhood.

:unsure:

Ee8X8jsUMAEUnWS?format=jpg&name=medium

As Garry Kasparov warned, Trump will do absolutely ANYTHING to win the election.  And if he does win he will continue to obliterate any democratic forces that stand in his way of holding onto power.

• Like 1

The USPS is not essential.
Free markets would solve that problem in less than an hour.
4:34 PM · Aug 13, 2020

===========================================================

Ted Lieu

@tedlieu

·

Dear  @ACTBrigitte

: The free market HAS solved the problem.

It costs $24.30 to send a letter via FedEx from LA to DC with 3 day delivery. (Higher for rural areas)

Or I can pay $0.55 to USPS.

USPS is an essential, constitutionally mandated service, not a for profit corp.

Get it?

-_-

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jakeem said:

28a_ytJJ_bigger.jpg

The U.S. Postal Service has written to election officials in 46 states and D.C., warning that it can’t guarantee that every mail-in ballot will be delivered in time to be counted in the high-stakes November election

3:25 PM · Aug 14, 2020·SocialFlow

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

bXaodRhx_bigger.jpg

We just heard that @OIGUSPS is investigating all aspects of our request to audit the Postmaster General’s operational changes at @USPS
& his personal conflicts of interest. I’ll keep using every in the toolbox to stop Trump & DeJoy from sabotaging the USPS.

5:17 PM · Aug 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

trump is trying to destroy the US Postal Service  to prevent Americans from voting against him by mail. That's undemocratic voter suppression.

As a Narcissistic Sociopath he also has no concern for all the people who will be adversely affected by the loss of the US Postal Service.

Some Americans may be more negatively affected than others,

but every American has a stake in this one.

Plus, the last thing we need right now with the pandemic economy is  600,000 plus more workers unemployed.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jakeem said:

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

HoGy2kAV_bigger.jpg

I’ve seen 2 posts today supposedly of @USPS mailboxes being removed. One in Manhattan, one in Portland. Given rhetoric coming out of WH, and Trump lackey Postmaster General who just decommissioned 671 mail-sorting machines, this is alarming. What in the hell is going on?

5:52 PM · Aug 14, 2020·Twitter for iPad

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

xd4-jgzB_bigger.jpg

At 3:10 Friday afternoon, NBC Montana confirmed that the removal of USPS collection boxes has been put on hold statewide. A union leader says the decision came after Friday's pressure. 68 were set to be removed

11:52 PM · Aug 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

K_DRs-c__bigger.jpg

Fatal miscalculation within this sabotage of the USPS: people get their medications, government checks, paychecks, and just MAIL via USPS - especially in rural-heavy places like Montana.

8:27 PM · Aug 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone 

" Neither snow nor rain nor heat--

NOR  HATRED  FROM trump

stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. "

• Haha 1
Reminder that USPS makes more deliveries in sixteen days

than UPS and FedEx combined ship in an entire year

• Thanks 1
"Representing the 9th District of New Jersey in the House of Representatives. Proud Patersonian. Member, Ways & Means Committee."

Tonight I’ve made a criminal referral to the New Jersey Attorney General
asking him to empanel a grand jury to look at subversion of NJ election laws by donald trump, louis dejoy, and other trump officials in their accelerating arson of the post office.

• Thanks 1

Internal USPS Documents Outline Plans to Hobble Mail Sorting

'This will slow mail processing,' a union official wrote on one of the documents announcing the machine removals.

"...........Multiple sources within the postal service told Motherboard they have personally witnessed the machines, which cost millions of dollars,

being destroyed or thrown in the dumpster. USPS did not respond to a request for comment.

In May, the USPS planned to remove a total of 969 sorting machines out of the 4,926 it had in operation as of February for all types of letters and flat mail. The vast majority of them—746 out of 3,765 in use—were delivery bar code sorters (DBCS), the type that sort letters, postcards, ballots, marketing mail and other similarly sized pieces. But a subsequent document distributed to union officials in mid-June said 502 of those machines would be removed from facilities. ..........

Motherboard also viewed documents from the same region that laid out detailed plans to reroute mail to sorting facilities further away in order to centralize mail processing even if it moves the mail across further distances.

To the union officials, the result of these plans was clear: “This will slow mail processing,” one wrote in large font.........

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pkyv4k/internal-usps-documents-outline-plans-to-hobble-mail-sorting

<_<

15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Internal USPS Documents Outline Plans to Hobble Mail Sorting

'This will slow mail processing,' a union official wrote on one of the documents announcing the machine removals.

"...........Multiple sources within the postal service told Motherboard they have personally witnessed the machines, which cost millions of dollars,

being destroyed or thrown in the dumpster. USPS did not respond to a request for comment.

In May, the USPS planned to remove a total of 969 sorting machines out of the 4,926 it had in operation as of February for all types of letters and flat mail. The vast majority of them—746 out of 3,765 in use—were delivery bar code sorters (DBCS), the type that sort letters, postcards, ballots, marketing mail and other similarly sized pieces. But a subsequent document distributed to union officials in mid-June said 502 of those machines would be removed from facilities. ..........

Motherboard also viewed documents from the same region that laid out detailed plans to reroute mail to sorting facilities further away in order to centralize mail processing even if it moves the mail across further distances.

To the union officials, the result of these plans was clear: “This will slow mail processing,” one wrote in large font.........

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pkyv4k/internal-usps-documents-outline-plans-to-hobble-mail-sorting

<_<

I can go to my local post office and drop mail in the slots inside.  It then takes a 40 mile trip to be sorted and returned to the same post office, given to a carrier and taken to my house.  While this sounds nonsensical, it is actually more efficient than having personnel in the local post office do it overnight.  The mail sorting machines are what makes this work.

Under Trump & DeJoy, not only will the mail not get sorted in one day or maybe even three, there will be no overtime of sufficient employees to sort the backlog which will get larger each day.

It is a deliberate attack on Americans and their Right to Vote in a fair election.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, mr6666 said:

“18 USC §1703:
(a) Whoever, being a Postal Service officer or employee,...detains [or] delays ...any ...mail entrusted to him

...shall be fined ...or imprisoned not more than five years.”

Note the absence of any requirement that willfulness be charged or proved.

<_<

Does that apply to DeJoy as well - apparently not.

On 8/15/2020 at 6:37 PM, mr6666 said:
"Representing the 9th District of New Jersey in the House of Representatives. Proud Patersonian. Member, Ways & Means Committee."

Tonight I’ve made a criminal referral to the New Jersey Attorney General
asking him to empanel a grand jury to look at subversion of NJ election laws by donald trump, louis dejoy, and other trump officials in their accelerating arson of the post office.

Not to hijack this thread, but how exactly do you empanel any kind of jury safely in the age of Covid? Jury selection has traditionally been treated like cattle calls, everybody squished together in poorly ventilated rooms.  How does a jury deliberate AND stay socially distanced? 

7 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

The Kansas Supreme Court reached a verdict concerning social distancing on Zoom.

I don't see why a grand jury couldn't do the same thing.

Well, what you CAN do and what a judge WILL do are two different things. Why I bring this up is my county in Virginia is theoretically having jury trials and all they say is they want people to have masks, but they don't state that they will make them wear them, and that they are doing temperature checks. That is nothing but the 21st century version of duck and cover. Because about half of the people who have Covid never run a fever.  If you have a judge who thinks that freedumbs are more important than not dying or being permanently disabled from Covid, you could literally be forced to drink the Kool Aid. 

Again, sorry for getting so off topic. This is an important topic and the worst case of presidential abuse of power I have ever seen. And I very much remember Nixon. 

10 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

Well, what you CAN do and what a judge WILL do are two different things. Why I bring this up is my county in Virginia is theoretically having jury trials and all they say is they want people to have masks, but they don't state that they will make them wear them, and that they are doing temperature checks. That is nothing but the 21st century version of duck and cover. Because about half of the people who have Covid never run a fever.  If you have a judge who thinks that freedumbs are more important than not dying or being permanently disabled from Covid, you could literally be forced to drink the Kool Aid. 

Again, sorry for getting so off topic. This is an important topic and the worst case of presidential abuse of power I have ever seen. And I very much remember Nixon. 

I'm a bit confused.  What is an abuse of power?  While I do not believe in reopening and "return to normal" under the Trump/GOPer/Stupid peoples criteria, there are certain activities that must be continued.   How would you recommend this be done?  Incidentally, many people do not have access to Zoom or comparable.  Me for one.

1 minute ago, TheCid said:

I'm a bit confused.  What is an abuse of power?  While I do not believe in reopening and "return to normal" under the Trump/GOPer/Stupid peoples criteria, there are certain activities that must be continued.  I am on a board and our meeting room is too small, so we use large rooms provided by other organizations.  There we can practice social distancing and all of us except one wear a mask.  No one else ever shows up for our meetings, so that is not an issue.  Masks are not required in S.C. 

I'm sorry to confuse you. The abuse of power was concerning Trump dismantling the post office in order to steal the election. NOT the death march that jury service would be for me, a 62 year old diabetic, if I was forced to do so. 

• Thanks 1