Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wacky movies of the early 60's.

JanMorrow

Does anyone out there remember the Jerry Lewis movie,"Who's Minding the Store?"I really think this was truly Jerry's masterpiece comedy. I have never seen it aired on TCM. It had a great cast and was just hilarious as well as charming. Jill St. John was just so cute! Also, I have a great fondness for " It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World." There were so many talented actors in the movie, but I remember Jonathan Winters and Dick Shawn as stand-outs.

My favorite Lewis movie is "The Bellboy." It proved that in 1960 you could have (an almost) silent comedy. Thatone has been shown on TCM but I think his others were Paramount or Universal so that makes it harder to get them on.

I like the Day/Hudson movies too.

> {quote:title=JanMorrow wrote:}{quote}

> I also love the Day/Hudson movies as well, hence my thread name!!! does Jan Morrow ring a bell? My favorite is "Pillow Talk." and "Please Do Not Disturb." I would love to see Day do an interview with TCM.

It did ring a bell, I just wasn't sure which bell it was, ha! I think the way Tony Randall

wimpers her name, "Jaa-an" is so funny. She's hilarious in the Ross Hunter films

(and very good in his drama, Midnight Lace).

I always waver between Pillow Talk and Lover, Come Back! for favorite DD comedy.

I have many happy childhood memories of watching wacky comedies in my neighborhood theatre. Just a few that come to mind - The aforementioned Who's Minding the Store, It's Only Money, The Thrill of It All, 40 Pounds of Trouble, The Man From the Diner's Club, The Absent-Minded Professor, Son of Flubber, The 3 Stooges in Orbit, 3 Stooges Go Around the World in a Daze, Call Me Bwana, Good Neighbor Sam, The Great Race. A great time to be a kid.

> {quote:title=JanMorrow wrote:}{quote} I also love the Day/Hudson movies as well...My favorite is "Pillow Talk." and "Please Do Not Disturb."

Ah, the good old days, when they made "sex comedies" without any sex it them.

>>I'm almost certain that TCM has shown Who's Minding the Store?, but I don't remember when.

Never mind that one, it's WHO'S MINDING THE MINT? that I want to see again. It's been over 40 years now.