Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Remember These Incredible SUTS Caricatures???

Remember  when TCM used to make a big deal over SUTS with special graphics, updated bios and wonderful videos on the website???  Well, those days are clearly gone but back in 2014 I downloaded all of the amazing caricatures TCM had commissioned for each SUTS Honoree.  Here are just a few:   

william-powell.jpg

betty-grable.jpg

walter-pidgeon.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I get the two guys here lydecker, Powell and Pidgeon, but is the lady supposed to be Betty Grable?

(...just not sure) 

44 minutes ago, Dargo said:

I get the two guys here lydecker, Powell and Pidgeon, but is the lady supposed to be Betty Grable?

(...just not sure) 

Give the man a cigar!

Lydecker,

I originally posted all the caricatures (by artist Ashley Holt)

under a SUTS 2014 link

which has apparently disappeared  :(

(found THIS 

but downloaded images are gone)

Where did YOU FIND these???

:o

57 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Lydecker,

I originally posted all the caricatures (by artist Ashley Holt)

under a SUTS 2014 link

which has apparently disappeared  :(

(found THIS 

but downloaded images are gone)

Where did YOU FIND these???

:o

I downloaded them to my own computer.  I was so impressed with them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yup I d/l them too, they are pitch perfect. I should print them out, they're such fun! I especially like the Alexis Smith, she seems like a tough one but the artist just NAILS it!

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, TikiSoo said:

Yup I d/l them too, they are pitch perfect. I should print them out, they're such fun! I especially like the Alexis Smith, she seems like a tough one but the artist just NAILS it!

Funny you should mention the Alexis Smith caricature.  While they're all great, hers really captures the "haughty society babe" character she so often played. It's one of my favorites.

Here's the full list of the 2014 honorees:

Jane Fonda, David Niven, Walter Pidgeon, Judy Garland, Barbara Stanwyck, Paul Muni, James Stewart, Jeanne Moreau, William Powell, Carole Lombard, Marlon Brando, Alexis Smith, Cary Grant, Charlie Chaplin,  Faye Dunaway, Herbert Marshall, John Hodiak, Claudette Colbert, Paul Newman, Thelma Ritter, Lee Tracy, Audrey Hepburn, Ernest Borgnine, Gladys George, Dick Powell, Sophia Loren, Edmund O’Brien, Arlene Dahl, Joseph Cotten, Betty Grable, Alan Ladd

If anyone is dying to see a caricature that hasn't already been posted, I'll post it to this thread (until myTCM Message Board "allowable" image space runs out!)

• Thanks 2