Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Edward Everett Horton silent comedy shorts coming to DVD

I'm sorry I hadn't thought to post anything on the TCM Forum about this until just now, but this might be of interest.

Edward Everett Horton starred in a series of silent comedy shorts in 1927-28, which were produced by Harold Lloyd and released by Paramount. They have not been seen by the general public since sound came in -- but they were preserved in 35mm by the Library of Congress in the 1970s. I'm doing a Kickstarter to scan, score and release on DVD the entire group of eight shorts.  The original plan was to just do 5 of the films, but the response has been so overwhelming that I'm expanding the project to include all 8 films. The Kickstarter ends Monday, and if you're able to make a pledge to the project you'll be helping to make these films available to classic film fans again after 92 years. The link to the project, with more info about it and about the films, is here.

Thanks.

Ben

EEH-yosemitesam.png

• Like 1