Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with title of movie... agent infiltrates a prison

I watched a movie many years ago on TV as a kid.  It was a movie probably made (best guess) in the 1950s-70s.  The movie was about a government official (President? Head of FBI?) who sent an agent into the prison system to investigate something on his behalf. No one knew except the  official and the agent. I believe the agent was placed on death row and sentenced to die (of course the official would prevent that). Then the official died and the agent was stuck in prison on death row and of course no one would believe his story. I know the ending but won't post it here.

Thanks for any information. Appreciated!

Jeff

Hi Jeff:

I remember a TV movie with the same plot, except the lead was played by a woman (lois nettleon) and the mean prison guard was Ida Lupino, title was WOMEN IN CHAINS (1972).  I wonder if it was written by the same person??

Was this film based based in the time frame you mentioned, or could it have been historical? I recall seeing a film on TCM in which President McKinley is working with an agent and then McKinley gets assassinated. The agent is left in jail with no one to believe his story. For the life of me, I cannot remember who played the agent, but it was a well-known actor. I think the film was made in the late 1940s or early 1950s

50 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Sounds like it's This Is My Affair - Stars Robert Taylor as the agent, Frank Conroy as McKinley and Barbara Stanwyck. Brian Donlevy plays the heavy I think

That's the film I was thinking of, thanks!