Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unidentified 1960s horror anthology episode?

Years ago, my mom described a "Twilight Zone" or "Outer Limits" episode she had seen but I could find nothing like what she described. It was definitely from a 1960s US B&W horror anthology show though. She said that in the episode, sounds were coming from a family's basement and the mom and son went to check it out but disappeared. The father then goes downstairs and comes back up with a horrified expression on his face. She said it never showed what became of the son and wife or what the sound was which is what interests me. She also insisted it was Twilight Zone or Outer Limits so it must have been in black and white. Any help with identification is appreciated.

41 minutes ago, Sukhov said:

Years ago, my mom described a "Twilight Zone" or "Outer Limits" episode she had seen but I could find nothing like what she described. It was definitely from a 1960s US B&W horror anthology show though. She said that in the episode, sounds were coming from a family's basement and the mom and son went to check it out but disappeared. The father then goes downstairs and comes back up with a horrified expression on his face. She said it never showed what became of the son and wife or what the sound was which is what interests me. She also insisted it was Twilight Zone or Outer Limits so it must have been in black and white. Any help with identification is appreciated.

It could also have been an episode of Thriller (1960-1962). I've seen every Twilight Zone and Outer Limits multiple times, and your description doesn't ring any bells. There are a few other shows it might be (One Step BeyondThe Veil) but I couldn't say for certain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_(American_TV_series)#Episodes

Thanks, Larry. I bet that is it. I remember she was very adamant that it was called "Don't go in the Basement" or "Don't Look in the Basement" and was a Twilight Zone episode.