Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

56 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

ysTie32.gif

I would hold off on the celebrating.  Some 200,000 votes to be counted in AZ and as they release results, Trump is getting 60% of them.  If trend continues, he could overcome Biden's lead.   Personally I don't see Biden winning either NC or GA.  In PA he has a large lead.

It ain't over until its over.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, ElCid said:

I would hold off on the celebrating.  Some 200,000 votes to be counted in AZ and as they release results, Trump is getting 60% of them.  If trend continues, he could overcome Biden's lead.   Personally I don't see Biden winning either NC or GA.  In PA he has a large lead.

It ain't over until its over.

Its over either way Twumpers will loose.

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Douglas Emhoff, Kamala Harris’ Husband, Leaves Job At Law Firm

Emhoff is leaving his job to focus on supporting the incoming Biden administration and his wife, the newly elected vice president.

that's a good way to avoid having to listen to any future criticism of your wife.

:lol:

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

that's a good way to avoid having to listen to any future criticism of your wife.

Yeah I saw Doug hugging Kamala over the weekend when they got the news.

Yeah, he's a cutie.

I can't figure out why you're always saying she's so hostile toward white guys,

when she's married to one?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bogie56 changed the title to Biden Time

Out with the old: Biden adds photos of late son Beau, his mother and the Pope to the Oval Office - after removing Trump's Andrew Jackson portrait and Winston Churchill bust

The Oval Office makeover: Joe Biden adds a personal touch to his new office

The president revealed the new décor Wednesday as he invited reporters into his new office. A bust of labor leader Cesar Chavez is nestled among an array of family photos displayed on a desk. Busts of Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, Eleanor Roosevelt and Robert F. Kennedy also feature. Benjamin Franklin peers down at Biden from a portrait; a painting of Franklin D. Roosevelt also hangs. Portraits of rivals Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton have been placed near one another. Biden brought a dark blue rug out of storage to replace a lighter colored one installed by Donald Trump. Also gone are Trump's gold curtains, replaced with darker shade that hung when Bill Clinton was president. As has the portrait of former president Andrew Jackson, America's first populist president, hung by Trump.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Getting rid of the statue of the obese, racist, imperialist, and crook Chruchswill......priceless. 

Yeah, and besides, any idiot who doesn't like the movie The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp OR is too damn dim to understand its pro-Allied and anti-Nazi sentiments, DESERVES to have his damn bust removed, TOO!!!

(...know what I MEAN?!) ;)

• Thanks 1
On 11/10/2020 at 7:58 PM, NipkowDisc said:

He'll be too busy being The Second Gentleman in the Land.

And that will be another first for the Biden-Harris Administration.

By the way, the Vice President's ancestral home village in India is so excited that they've been celebrating for days.

Both, Kamala Harris' maternal grandfather and her mother were born in India.

But also, South Asian Americans are very excited about her too.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Dargo said:

Yeah, and besides, any idiot who doesn't like the movie The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp OR is too damn dim to understand its pro-Allied and anti-Nazi sentiments, DESERVES to have his damn bust removed, TOO!!!

(...know what I MEAN?!) ;)

I didn't know Winny didn't like the Colonel Blimp movie. The original cartoon character was apparently

different from the one in the film. The original was a fat pompous ultra-nationalist, which sounds like

a good description of Churchswill. 

5 hours ago, Vautrin said:

I didn't know Winny didn't like the Colonel Blimp movie. The original cartoon character was apparently

different from the one in the film. The original was a fat pompous ultra-nationalist, which sounds like

a good description of Churchswill. 

Yeah, word is the rotund little cigar-chomping British bulldog wasn't pleased with how Messrs. Powell and Pressberger's film was too subtle in presenting its pro-British sentiments, that his countrymen and the lead character in particular were shown as fallible human beings, and most especially that one of the characters in it was depicted as "the good German" who was as honorable a man as any of the British characters in it.

(...or in other words, this film stood and stands in stark contrast to how MOST conservatives in this world, and be they those superfluous-u spellers or not, prefer to view the world with and in those simple little "black vs white", "good vs evil" and "us vs them" mindsets and attitudes of theirs!)  ;)  LOL

21 hours ago, Dargo said:

Yeah, word is the rotund little cigar-chomping British bulldog wasn't pleased with how Messrs. Powell and Pressberger's film was too subtle in presenting its pro-British sentiments, that his countrymen and the lead character in particular were shown as fallible human beings, and most especially that one of the characters in it was depicted as "the good German" who was as honorable a man as any of the British characters in it.

(...or in other words, this film stood and stands in stark contrast to how MOST conservatives in this world, and be they those superfluous-u spellers or not, prefer to view the world with and in those simple little "black vs white", "good vs evil" and "us vs them" mindsets and attitudes of theirs!)  ;)  LOL

For a movie made in the middle of the war it is pretty restrained and balanced. I should watch it the next

time it's on as I haven't seen it in a long time. Churchswill once famously said that he didn't become PM to

preside over the dissolution of the British Empire. Think again, bub.

• Haha 1

Biden administration fires the heads of three US-funded international broadcasters for 'turning stations into pro-Trump propaganda machines'

More heads roll at US-funded international broadcasters

The heads of three federally-funded international broadcasters have been abruptly fired. The Biden administration completed a house-cleaning of Trump-appointed officials at the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Middle East Broadcasting Network director Victoria Coates, center, Radio Free Asia chief Stephen Yates ight and Radio Free Europe head Ted Lipien, left, were dismissed in a swift series of moves late Friday. The trio had only been in their roles for a month. Trump's pick of Michael Pack for USAGM chief was accused by Democrats and others of trying to turn VOA into pro-Trump propaganda machines.

• Like 3

Joe and Jill Biden's two beloved dogs move into White House - as German Shepherd Major becomes the first-ever rescue pup to take up residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave

Joe and Jill Biden's dogs move into the White House

The President and First Lady released images of their two dogs, Champ and Major, arriving at the White House on Monday morning. According to an official statement, the pups arrived on Sunday and have quickly made themselves at home. Champ was purchased from a Pennsylvania breeder and lived at the vice presidential residence at the U.S. Naval Observatory during the Obama years. The first couple adopted Major from a Delaware rescue center in 2018. Donald Trump was the first President in decades not to have a dog in the White House, and Biden even used that during his campaign. He released an image of himself and Champ on social media and wrote: 'Let's put dogs back in the White House', a promise he has now fulfilled.

• Like 5

WwuxykU1_bigger.jpg

HUGE NEWS: The Biden USDA is withdrawing the Trump admin proposal to increase line speeds in poultry plants, which would have greatly endangered workers and our communities. Congratulations to the workers, orgs, and allies who made this happen!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1