Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Great to see a President with real dogs, especially a rescue.

I'm surprised Melania didn't have these running around-would have perfectly symbolized Drumpf's time in the WH.

chihuahua-white-background-14857583.jpg

Actually, the President not caring for ANY pet or living creature was pretty representational of 2016-20.

The thing that really amazes me is how enraged some people are because they can't accept their candidate lost. It is EXACTLY how Democratic voters felt in 2016 when we awoke to find the Electoral College voted Drumpf in as the winner. All America knew Hillary received more actual votes than her opponent, yet she lost the 2016 election. 

Saddest part, is that election was "rigged" and not what the majority of American citizens wanted, voted for.

• Thanks 1

Biden’s sign language interpreter has translated far-right misinformation

By 
Jan. 28, 2021 at 9:08 p.m. EST

A gesture meant to bolster President Biden’s call for unity and inclusion instead inspired divisiveness, after news emerged that a White House American Sign Language interpreter was a Trump supporter who previously interpreted videos rife with misinformation.

Heather Mewshaw, who appeared in the White House coronavirus briefing on Monday beside press secretary Jen Psaki, was identified by deaf and hard-of-hearing advocates and Time Magazine, fueling questions about the White House’s vetting process and what could have happened if Mewshaw misinterpreted Biden officials or inserted her own bias. No one has publicly disputed her interpretation, but many questioned why the White House would legitimize her by giving Mewshaw the national platform. 

A right-wing group she produced videos for acknowledged it was Mewshaw, who has not appeared in a White House briefing since Monday.

Mewshaw and the White House did not respond to requests for comment, but people in the deaf community told The Washington Post and wrote on social media that they felt Mewshaw’s role in the Biden White House signaled the administration didn’t fully understand the significance of the interpreter role, equating the use of Mewshaw to Biden hiring Trump’s former press secretary Kayleigh McEnany as his own spokeswoman.

Because spoken English cannot be directly translated to sign language, interpreters deconstruct words and phrases to express the spirit of the message, allowing interpretations to be colored, either intentionally or unwittingly, by biases, experts said.

“Imagine what harm she could cause,” deaf model and actor Nyle DiMarco tweeted, “literally holding the message in her hands.”

-fck7E6h_bigger.jpg

Putting aside the partisans, 's early Presidential actions tie with him Obama for the highest initial job approval rating from Independents since JFK's
  • Like 1

Joe and Jill Biden get BOOED by Super Bowl fans during pre-game video message to honor the 463,000 killed by COVID

Moments before Super Bowl LV kicked off Sunday night, President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden made a pre-recorded appearance to honor the more than 463,000 people who have died from COVID-19 by asking for a moment of silence, but instead they were booed by the crowd. The president said: 'Now as we thank you and all of our essential workers, let's remember we all can do our part to save lives. Wear masks, stay socially-distanced, get tested, get vaccinated when it's your turn, and most of all let's remember all those who we've lost. 'So please join us, the Kansas City Chiefs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the National Football League in a moment of silence for the more than 440,000 Americans who lost their lives in this pandemic and for their loved ones who are left behind.' Instead of a moment of silence, fans in the crowd were heard booing. The lack of silence prompted some Americans watching from home to take to Twitter to respond to the incident.

• Sad 2
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Satire from the Borowitz Report

Not the news.

“After vowing that there would be enough vaccine in July, Joe Biden broke his promise and is now saying May,” Ted Cruz said.
March 3, 2021

Why don't you create a thread:  Satire from the Borrowitz Report; rather than posting these in with other threads?  On more than one occasion I have missed your satire note at the top as I go to end of thread and then scroll up.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Damn!!! You beat me too it. I was just going to post this. Hilarious. This may be his best yet! I guessed the song he'd use too.

• Haha 1
On 3/9/2021 at 8:02 PM, mr6666 said:

:)  gotta be gentle  & PATIENT with rescue pets

How does Abramson know what was going on in the WH as it relates to the dogs?  How was their treatment different from what they experienced before?

Why was it "basically an impossible situation?"

We have a rescue dog and several rescue cats.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:24 AM, TikiSoo said:

I'm surprised Melania didn't have these running around-would have perfectly symbolized Drumpf's time in the WH.

Actually, the President not caring for ANY pet or living creature was pretty representational of 2016-20.

The thing that really amazes me is how enraged some people are because they can't accept their candidate lost. It is EXACTLY how Democratic voters felt in 2016 when we awoke to find the Electoral College voted Drumpf in as the winner. All America knew Hillary received more actual votes than her opponent, yet she lost the 2016 election. 

Saddest part, is that election was "rigged" and not what the majority of American citizens wanted, voted for.

And they didnt storm the capitol or try to have the electoral votes thrown out etc.......

• Thanks 1

Payback time! Biden to propose first major federal tax hike since 1993 after signing massive $1.9 trillion COVID relief package: Increases expected on corporate tax and personal rate for high earners  

Biden to propose first major tax hike since 1993 after signing massive $1.9 trillion COVID

Joe Biden is planning to propose the first substantial federal tax hike since 1993 for Americans to help pay for his long-term economic program after he signed the largest stimulus package in U.S. history with a price tag of $1.9 trillion. Now the White House is preparing to roll out another sweeping plan to tackle infrastructure and the economic crisis, which some say could fall somewhere between the $2-$4 trillion mark. Biden plans to kick off his cross-country tour this week promoting and seeking to bolster enthusiasm for the coronavirus relief package, where the White House will also ensure he receives credit for benefits included in the bill.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Payback time! Biden to propose first major federal tax hike since 1993 after signing massive $1.9 trillion COVID relief package: Increases expected on corporate tax and personal rate for high earners  

Biden to propose first major tax hike since 1993 after signing massive $1.9 trillion COVID

Joe Biden is planning to propose the first substantial federal tax hike since 1993 for Americans to help pay for his long-term economic program after he signed the largest stimulus package in U.S. history with a price tag of $1.9 trillion. Now the White House is preparing to roll out another sweeping plan to tackle infrastructure and the economic crisis, which some say could fall somewhere between the $2-$4 trillion mark. Biden plans to kick off his cross-country tour this week promoting and seeking to bolster enthusiasm for the coronavirus relief package, where the White House will also ensure he receives credit for benefits included in the bill.

So much to do, so little time.  And a tax hike will kill his proposals.  While I am not opposed to a tax hike on corporations and wealthy, it is a battle he does not need to fight now.  Get the other programs passed and then tackle tax increases.  NO Republicans will vote for them and very unlikely enough Democrats will either.

It will also make the 2022 elections even more problematic  for Dems. than they already are.

What is the source of this story?

35 minutes ago, ElCid said:

So much to do, so little time.  And a tax hike will kill his proposals.  While I am not opposed to a tax hike on corporations and wealthy, it is a battle he does not need to fight now.  Get the other programs passed and then tackle tax increases.  NO Republicans will vote for them and very unlikely enough Democrats will either.

It will also make the 2022 elections even more problematic  for Dems. than they already are.

What is the source of this story?

When an article is highlighted in blue usually all you have to do is click on it to go to the entire story.

I've heard you complain about sourcing many times.  Hopefully this will help you.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 8:24 AM, TikiSoo said:

A dog would be competition. DUMP wants all the attention on HIMSELF! Why no pets!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1