Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

QcgK2k4V_x96.jpg

Part of the art of politics is entrapping your opponents into identifying themselves with unpopular causes like anti-vaccination

QcgK2k4V_x96.jpg

If I were a Republican candidate in 2022, I would want to talk about food prices, crime, border security Instead Biden just enflamed the Republican base to the point where Republican candidates have little choice but to champion the right to infect.
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

QcgK2k4V_x96.jpg

Part of the art of politics is entrapping your opponents into identifying themselves with unpopular causes like anti-vaccination

QcgK2k4V_x96.jpg

If I were a Republican candidate in 2022, I would want to talk about food prices, crime, border security Instead Biden just enflamed the Republican base to the point where Republican candidates have little choice but to champion the right to infect.

The important thing for GOPers is they MUST get past the primaries, so they will campaign on the hot button issues the GOPer faithful salivate over. 

THEN, the successful candidates, for the most part, will make a course correction and go after Biden on inflation, the economy, high fuel prices, unemployment, border security, crime, losing Afghanistan, radical Democrat agenda, etc.

15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

In total agreement with this.  The Voting Rights bill must be passed and passed now.   One way to help do it is to drastically reduce the $3.5 Trillion "Infrastructure" bill Pelosi and the ultra-liberal Dems want to pass.  This might give Manchin and other centrists cover to eliminate filibuster for the voting rights bill.  It's a bad bill and needs to die. 

On a similar topic, the $3.5 Trillion "infrastructure" bill is turning into a typical pork - barrel project.  Projects to provide money to agri-business in Iowa and Virginia are going to be incorporated into it.  Billions for MORE ethanol production.  Pretty soon no corn at all for people and livestock - all for ETHANOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

China released the two Michales from Canada the same day as Meng Wanzhou was released from house arrest in Vancouver.  They said the timing was a coincidence and that the two Michales, held for 3 years were released for health reasons.  Yeah, right.

September 28, 2021

Morning Update: Biden’s intervention led to freedom for two Michaels, sources say

OMAIR QUADRI 

Good morning, 

Negotiations that led to freedom for Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig ramped up in early August after U.S. President Joe Biden became seriously engaged in ending a legal standoff with China, sources say. 

Biden insisted any deal to drop the U.S. extradition case against Huawei Technologies executive Meng Wanzhou and defer criminal charges could not happen unless the two Canadians were released at the same time, according to three sources with direct knowledge of the talks with China, Huawei and Meng’s lawyers. 

Chinese President Xi Jinping, who along with Biden wanted to reset U.S.-China relations on a more stable footing, did not object to the Canadians being released from Chinese prisons as long as Meng was allowed to return home without having to admit guilt for bank and wire fraud, the sources said.
4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

China released the two Michales from Canada the same day as Meng Wanzhou was released from house arrest in Vancouver.  They said the timing was a coincidence and that the two Michales, held for 3 years were released for health reasons.  Yeah, right.

September 28, 2021

Morning Update: Biden’s intervention led to freedom for two Michaels, sources say

OMAIR QUADRI 

Good morning, 

Negotiations that led to freedom for Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig ramped up in early August after U.S. President Joe Biden became seriously engaged in ending a legal standoff with China, sources say. 

Biden insisted any deal to drop the U.S. extradition case against Huawei Technologies executive Meng Wanzhou and defer criminal charges could not happen unless the two Canadians were released at the same time, according to three sources with direct knowledge of the talks with China, Huawei and Meng’s lawyers. 

Chinese President Xi Jinping, who along with Biden wanted to reset U.S.-China relations on a more stable footing, did not object to the Canadians being released from Chinese prisons as long as Meng was allowed to return home without having to admit guilt for bank and wire fraud, the sources said.

So, US comes out the loser here?  US extradition request is now rendered void and Meng Wanzhou can return to China?

13 minutes ago, ElCid said:

So, US comes out the loser here?  US extradition request is now rendered void and Meng Wanzhou can return to China?

I don't know if you should characterize it as winning and losing.  I think they dropped the charges and unfortunately Canada was caught in the middle all along and tow citizens spent 3 years in jail while Wanzhou spent her time in a penthouse.

14 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I don't know if you should characterize it as winning and losing.  I think they dropped the charges and unfortunately Canada was caught in the middle all along and tow citizens spent 3 years in jail while Wanzhou spent her time in a penthouse.

I guess the full story is long and complicated.  Apparently US requested that Wanzhou be extradited, but Canada decided not to do it, but rather "study the request" for three years?  Why didn't Canada just say not going to honor the request and let Wanzhou return to China?

54 minutes ago, ElCid said:

I guess the full story is long and complicated.  Apparently US requested that Wanzhou be extradited, but Canada decided not to do it, but rather "study the request" for three years?  Why didn't Canada just say not going to honor the request and let Wanzhou return to China?

I didn't follow the case very closely but I do know that it had nothing to do with Canada's non-compliance.  She was fighting the extradition in the courts all the way along just as Assange is doing in England.