Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

13 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I didn't follow the case very closely but I do know that it had nothing to do with Canada's non-compliance.  She was fighting the extradition in the courts all the way along just as Assange is doing in England.

Why did it take Canadian courts so long to NOT make a decision on the extradition request?

1 hour ago, ElCid said:

Why did it take Canadian courts so long to NOT make a decision on the extradition request?

I have no idea.  Here is one article but it only serves to show how complicated the case was.  I'm afraid it would take me almost as much time to figure it out! :D

https://globalnews.ca/news/7069428/meng-wanzhou-extradition-case-timeline/

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Biden needs a reboot. Fighting for democracy is the key.

Opinion   By E.J. Dionne Jr.   Read more »

Sounds good, but how to do it?  Dionne's recommendations are kind of vague.

Personally I think he needs to get enough GOPer House members to sign on to vote for the physical infrastructure bill to pass it without the "progressive Democrats."  Enough money back home would do it.

Then go with Manchin's $1.5 Trillion "human" infrastructure bill.  Then it will be behind the Dems in 2022.

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Sounds good, but how to do it?  Dionne's recommendations are kind of vague.

Personally I think he needs to get enough GOPer House members to sign on to vote for the physical infrastructure bill to pass it without the "progressive Democrats."  Enough money back home would do it.

Then go with Manchin's $1.5 Trillion "human" infrastructure bill.  Then it will be behind the Dems in 2022.

Sounds like a plan to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, mr6666 said:

So was the Port of Los Angeles clocking out at 5PM with the mess that they have going on there?  Couldn't Newsom call in the national guard to help unload the freight? 

Mike Pompeo says Biden is 'diminishing' America in the world because he doesn't understand 'there is evil and there is good' as China surges forward in military race

49224303-0-image-a-15_1634318373894.jpg

Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo accepted an award for his work on the Abraham accords and accused the Biden administration of failing to appreciate 'there is evil and there is good.'

Bbxh.gif

"Smoke good ... Fire bad!!!!"

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Arturo said:

Mike Pompeo worked with Pure Evil Donald Trump, and they openly courted other evil dictators and madmen, including Vladimir Putin and Kim Jung-Un.

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

:) 

Not so sure about this one.  Hearing aids are not the simple devices many think they are.  I have had a hearing loss for a number of years and have twice been fitted with aids by experts.  Both times I gave up on them.  They just did not work that well and distorted some sounds.  Any reputable provider will tell you this is possible, if not probable,  before your purchase them.

If you have a severe hearing loss, might be best alternative.  But over the counter?

I do not in anyway support the companies that advertise hearing aids in magazines, newspapers and so forth.  They may be fine, but I wouldn't go to them.

Elon Musk slams Biden over his new billionaires' tax and warns 'eventually they run out of other people's money and come for you' - even as Tesla CEO's wealth surges $36BN in ONE DAY

49640825-0-image-a-94_1635224581991.jpg

Elon Musk has slammed President Joe Biden's plan to tax billionaires' income as the Tesla CEO saw his company's value top $1trillion and his personal wealth increase by $36billion.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

The Incredible Shrinking Biden Plan

Don't blame Biden. It's not entirely due to Manchin and Sinema, either. Go Deeper.

"...........And it won’t go into effect until 2024. Oh, and it won’t be permanently authorized — so if Republicans take over Congress after the midterms, they can get rid of it.

It’s all part of Biden’s incredible shrinking social plan, which is now $1.75 trillion over ten years — roughly half the size of the $3.5 trillion package he proposed six months ago. That’s equivalent to about 1.2 percent the nation’s economic output during the same 10-year time period. Not peanuts, more like walnuts.

I believe Biden is doing what he can. (Personally, I’d like a more aggressive and combative approach, but that’s not him.)

It’s easy to blame the two holdout senators, Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema, who have demanded that Biden’s ambitious plan be whittled back. But they’re not alone. Some other Democratic senators have quietly assured their biggest financial backers that the package would be far smaller. And remember: Not a single Republican in the Senate will support any of it, and most Republicans in the House are opposed.

Look behind all of them and what do you see? The American oligarchy – the CEOs of America’s largest corporations, the billionaire class, the inhabitants of Wall Street, and the platoons of Washington operators and influence-peddlers on their payrolls. ..............

They oppose social programs that give average working Americans more security. They want working people to be insecure. Insecurity leads to a more tractable workforce. A tractable workforce accepts low pay and lousy jobs, which leaves more for top executives and big investors.

My warning to the oligarchy: There’s more anti-establishment anger in America today than at any time in the last century. Some of that anger fueled Donald Trump’s vicious racist nationalism, and continues to do so. Some of it fueled Bernie Sanders’s reform candidacy, and progressives remain the the most energized part of the Democratic Party. .........

see:  https://robertreich.substack.com/p/incredible-shrinking-biden-plan

:unsure:

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Doesn't matter the Build Back Better infrastructure bill is DOA and it has pulled the hard infrastructure bill down with it.  Thank you Progressive Dems, Sen. Manchin and Sen. Sinema.