Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Describe an actor in ONE WORD.

Can you describe an actor in just one word?   The inspiration for this thread just had a SUTS day at TCM and I even watched ONE WAY PASSAGE (1932) again... with the wavishing Kay Fwancis !!! 

WILLIAM POWELL : CREDIBLE  

w-powell-story-14.jpg?w=863

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Seems to be channeling Cruella de Vil as well in this picture...

A woman relaxing with a cigarette and a soft drink doesn't seem very evil to me. :) 

How about this one:

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 12.12.41 PM

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

DENNIS WEAVER : SOLID 

5a481e2eaddb9.image.jpg

Weaver screen persona was rather flaky (somewhat of a space cadet)  in his younger days.     E.g.  Chester on Gunsmoke and his performance in Touch of Evil.       

I've been watching a lot of Gunsmoke and Chester gets on Doc's nerves.     

His persona by the time of McCloud was one of a solid,  no nonsense type dude.

MUM

3027c0b4179218ca763ed8080b54f378--harpo-

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Weaver screen persona was rather flaky (somewhat of a space cadet)  in his younger days.     E.g.  Chester on Gunsmoke and his performance in Touch of Evil.       

I've been watching a lot of Gunsmoke and Chester gets on Doc's nerves.     

His persona by the time of McCloud was one of a solid,  no nonsense type dude.

No.  You misunderstand me.  Sure McCloud is solid but all them other slouches not so much.  I mean DENNIS WEAVER the man.  Solid. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, TopBilled said:

A woman relaxing with a cigarette and a soft drink doesn't seem very evil to me. :) 

How about this one:

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 12.12.41 PM

Is that from the presser announcing the casting of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?  Surprised Bette didn't bring along a bottle of Coca-Cola to spoil the product placement, but I guess she got her point across anyway!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Is that from the presser announcing the casting of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?  Surprised Bette didn't bring along a bottle of Coca-Cola to spoil the product placement, but I guess she got her point across anyway!

Bette's version of "cooperating"...yes? :) 

3 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I still think he could be Clark Gable's illegitimate kid.

:)

David Janssen ~ glum.jpg

I suppose you know Nip,  that there was talk back when they were casting that '70s TV-movie, 'Gable and Lombard', that David here was their first choice for the role.

But of course, James Brolin got the part instead.

(...as I recall, Janssen turned it down)

• Thanks 1

I just read that janssen once had plastic surgery on his ears to lessen his resemblance to Gable but that janssen did believe he was the king's illegitimate son...

David Janssen played tennis, golf and was ambidextrous. He was a liberal Democrat. According to actress Debbie Reynolds in her 2013 memoir, "Unsinkable", David Janssen believed he was the illegitimate son of Clark Gable.
David Janssen - Gable's illegitimate son? Berniece Dalton Janssen was Miss Nebraska of 1928 and one of the Ziegfeld Follies girls of 1930. A year later, the 21 year-old gave birth to a son who became actor David Janssen, star of the TV series The Fugitive in the sixties. Rumours have abounded for decades about the identity of David’s father, many people convinced that Berniece may have had an affair with the then 30 year-old Clark Gable and that he secretly fathered the boy.

forget Harrison Ford

for it is DAVID JANSSEN who is THE FUGITIVE.

• Thanks 2