Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Describe an actor in ONE WORD.

10 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Wow.  He died 1980. 

Yeah, pretty darn young, alright. At only 48 years of age.

Unfortunately, Janssen was reportedly quite the drinker, and which might have contributed to his early death by heart attack.

(...I always thought the guy was cool as hell, with this prompted by watching him during my early-teens years in his most famous role as Dr. Richard Kimble...AND, just a year or so before he died in 1980, I actually had a short little interaction with the guy...I was an airline ticket agent standing behind the Hughes Air West ticket counter at LAX when he walked up to check in for a flight...as I handed him his boarding pass, I just couldn't resist telling him how much of a fan I was of that series and how as a kid I thought he was really cool, and even told him that for a while I had affected that quick little one-sided grin he did all the time...he laughed, thanked me and bid me a good day as he turned and walked toward the tunnel to the boarding gates)

• Like 3
On 8/23/2020 at 9:43 PM, Dargo said:

MUM

3027c0b4179218ca763ed8080b54f378--harpo-

Honk

I've always adored Harpo. I would also say "sweet."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

Who drinks Pepsi with two straws, that's what I want to know. :) 

I think I remember Ray Milland and Rosey Grier doing it once in a movie.  ;)

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Dargo said:

I think I remember Ray Milland and Rosey Grier doing it once in a movie.  ;)

I still haven't seen THE THING WITH TWO HEADS (1972). Seems like a perfect title for TCM Underground.

I think Steve McQueen is definitely cool.  However, one word to describe him, from what I've heard is "demanding."

While I can't distill my many thoughts about Paul Newman into one word, I'll have to go with "humanitarian."  And, like me, he liked/s a good dill pickle.

• Like 2

During the interviews with the Television Academy Foundation, the interviewees are often asked to use one word to describe famous people they've worked with in the entertainment industry.

These were the words used by Mickey Rooney to describe:

Lucille Ball-- brilliant
Billy Barty-- wonderful
Charles Nelson Reilly-- funnyman
Milton Berle-- jokester
Carl Reiner-- clever

11 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Who drinks Pepsi with two straws, that's what I want to know. :) 

The bottle design has changed over the years.

The bottle design-- Pepsi isn't even the same drink today that it was in the 1950s or 60s.

If I can recall --it used to be a real strong cola and quite competitive with Coke in taste and quality.

Then it seems like around the time that Michael Jackson was associated with it that it went rogue, got a sweet  sickening taste and became quite popular with younger people.

All this was followed in the 80s by Coca-Cola trying to abandon its original taste to compete with Pepsi.

And we all can remember how that turned out.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

The bottle design-- Pepsi isn't even the same drink today that it was in the 1950s or 60s.

If I can recall --it used to be a real strong cola and quite competitive with Coke in taste and quality.

Then it seems like around the time that Michael Jackson was associated with it that it went rogue, got a sweet  sickening taste and became quite popular with younger people.

All this was followed in the 80s by Coca-Cola trying to abandon its original taste to compete with Pepsi.

Yeah, we all remember the disastrous New Coke. LOL

I remember Michael J. Fox selling Pepsi.

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 12.22.27 PM

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Always thought Pepsi was sweeter than Coke, even before the Michael Jackson ads.

And Pepsi has promoted itself as a drink for young folks, going back at least to the 60s.  Their "Pepsi Generation" campaign launched in 1963.