Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Describe an actor in ONE WORD.

Despite that, I always liked Webb.  Being a DRAGNET fan since the '50's probably has a lot to do with that.  And I would quote Dorothy Parker(I think) with what she said about some actress( not sure who 'cause memory doesn't always serve)--- and paraphrase it for Webb----

"....the range of emotion from A to B."   :D 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

today's pepsi is really awful. you open a can and 20 minutes later it is flat and sickingly sweet.

open a can of coke and it is still good 12 or more hours later. it retains it's carbon fizz for a long time.

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 12.22.27 PM

• Thanks 1

That looks like Michael J. Fox.  I prefer Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke (which I find has an aftertaste).  But Wegmans Diet Cola and Diet Ginger Ale aren't bad.

Flat ginger ale was given to me when I had an upset stomach or the flu.

As for Michael J. Fox - courageous

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

michael j. fox passed himself off as conservative-like on family matters but was a phony liberal all the time....

Christopher Reeve - truly courageous

First here Nip, and in regard to your first sentence here, what you're talking about with Mr. Fox is called "ACTING", and regardless if he was or is "truly" a liberal pretending to be a conservative OR the other way around!

Secondly, I liked your word for Christopher Reeve, as how he responded to his severe injuries following his horse riding accident WAS truly "courageous".

(...and thirdly, that SAME word "courageous" could rightly ALSO be applied to Michael J. Fox as Chaya noted, and for HIS courageous fight that HE'S battled with Parkinson's disease for these many years AND for all the steadfast work he's done to help find a cure for it since his diagnosis)

• Like 4
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

michael j. fox passed himself off as conservative-like on family matters but was a phony liberal all the time....

At least Fox has enough class not to knock someone with a disability.  

Unlike another of your heroes;   Limbauch:

Also check out Fox's reaction to Limbauch mocking him for his disability.    Tell me who has more class!!!!  

• Thanks 1

Okay, I offered up a word for Harpo earlier, and so now here's one for one of his brothers...tongue-in-cheek of course  ;) ... 

Linguist 

Chico_Marx_-_signed.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, and now for ANOTHER of the Marx bros...but NOT so tongue-in-cheek this time... 

Inconsequential  

66cf5fcb6744ad5e051db35e70c1947e.jpg

(...poor ol' Zeppo...just could never find the right shtick)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And NOW for the big finale here!

Contrarian 

b332b8aca0d0944f724af8dc839c81b8.1000x10

(...and because of course, no matter what you or I might say, he's "against it"!)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Okay, I offered up a word for Harpo earlier, and so now here's one for one of his brothers...tongue-in-cheek of course  ;) ... 

Linguist 

Chico_Marx_-_signed.jpg

Lothario

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Dargo said:

Linguist 

Not linguini?

• Haha 2
Just now, Rudy's Girl said:

Lothario

Yes, in real life RG and as you seem to know, Chico was known to chase the ladies, and so of course, how Leonard Marx would come by his stage name. And also as you probably know, was quite the gambler and general carouser, too.

(...and thus the reasons why near the end of his life, his finances wouldn't be comparable to any of his brothers)

• Like 1