Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BEHIND GREEN LIGHTS (1946) is currently on YouTube and is free for viewing on the Internet Archive. This leads me to think it's fallen into the public domain.

Most prints I've seen are inferior quality.

If your friend's copy is in mint condition, then she might be able to transfer it to home video and sell it to people interested in viewing a clean copy of it. (But make sure it's really in the public domain and that 20th Century Fox/Disney does not still have a legal claim on it.)

Also, companies like Kino Lorber restore prints of movies in the public domain and issue them on DVD. Again if your friend's copy is in decent shape, then that would save a company like Kino a lot of work.

If your friend's goal is to just sell it as is on eBay, then you could do searches on that site to see if there are similar products for sale and what the going rate may be. Because this title is already available in so many places online as a "freebie," that would decrease the value...unless, as I said, your friend's copy is in better condition than what is currently available. 

Your friend would need to watch it to make sure she knows what state the print is actually in...she really wouldn't be able to sell it if it's an inferior print. She would need to get her hands on an old-time movie projector to view it.

Good luck!