Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mystery Movie! Please Help!

Hello everyone! First time here, and I figure this'd be the best place to ask this because, who'd know better then ya'll right?

I'm looking for the name of a movie that was on TCM many months ago (possibly over a year ago). I only watched about a 1/4th of the movie, stopped because a friend came over and I ended up switching to something else. So I don't remember much except for some particular scenes, the fact the movie was in color, and from how it looked, it probably came out in the 1940s or 1950s.

The scenes I remember are thus:

1. 1. The main character and a man she was out with arrived back to her home by taxi.  She invites a man up to her room for cocoa, to which his response is simply "cocoa?!" with a puzzled look on his face (this is the main scene I remember)
  2.  About 20 minutes later, a friend of the main character is found dead in a bathtub, seemingly murdered.
  3. The woman is distraught with grief and is lying down on her (pink?) couch, while the previously mention man is tending to her
  4. There's also this dancing scene that occurs where the lead actress wore a flowy red dress; apparently it was a particular scene that TCM made a big deal about prior to the movie actually airing.

Any help would be appreciated, because it's been boggling my mind 😅😅!

8 hours ago, ang86 said:

Hello everyone! First time here, and I figure this'd be the best place to ask this because, who'd know better then ya'll right?

I'm looking for the name of a movie that was on TCM many months ago (possibly over a year ago). I only watched about a 1/4th of the movie, stopped because a friend came over and I ended up switching to something else. So I don't remember much except for some particular scenes, the fact the movie was in color, and from how it looked, it probably came out in the 1940s or 1950s.

The scenes I remember are thus:

1. 1. The main character and a man she was out with arrived back to her home by taxi.  She invites a man up to her room for cocoa, to which his response is simply "cocoa?!" with a puzzled look on his face (this is the main scene I remember)
  2.  About 20 minutes later, a friend of the main character is found dead in a bathtub, seemingly murdered.
  3. The woman is distraught with grief and is lying down on her (pink?) couch, while the previously mention man is tending to her
  4. There's also this dancing scene that occurs where the lead actress wore a flowy red dress; apparently it was a particular scene that TCM made a big deal about prior to the movie actually airing.

Any help would be appreciated, because it's been boggling my mind 😅😅!

This sounds like the precode film VIRTUE (1932) with Pat O'Brien & Carole Lombard. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue_(film)

11 hours ago, ang86 said:

SO. After doing some searching on some backlogs of TCM scheduling, I found out it was the movie Party Girl, from 1958.

Thanks for letting us know your search had a happy ending! :)