Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it me, or is there a new format?

12 hours ago, TCMModerator1 said:

Hello everyone

We are aware of the issues with the recent changes. TCM will be looking at this, and we will keep you informed. 

In the meantime, please feel free to continue to share your feedback here in this thread, along with screenshots if you are able. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding! 

TCMModerator1

Are you planning on updating the mobile interface as well?

I am experiencing two issues using Safari:

1) The titles on the main screen (that shows lists the different boards: Announcements, Stickies, General Discussion, etc.) are all overlapping.

2) I cannot access my notifications or PMs. 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, sagebrush said:

I'll bet "Corona" beer is the least popular beer in the world currently! 😉

It's an unfortunate and terrible coincidence that the worst hit neighborhood by the virus in New York City has been Corona, Queens.

46 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

2) I cannot access my notifications or PMs. 

Same here on my Samsung with Android os and Samsung browser.  There are no icons for them anywhere

• Thanks 1

I wish there was a way to save custom searches on the forums. 

We had this ability before. I remember we did, because I would custom-set the General Discussions forum to threads I had posted in, so I wouldn't see the new Korean spam threads.

Anyway, I would like it if we could once again save our custom searches. If that's possible.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, sagebrush said:

And "the most interesting man in the world" is no longer interesting.  Guess that's not a lost to society.

5499948c6bb3f74d611468d6?width=453&forma

8 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

Same here on my Samsung with Android os and Samsung browser.  There are no icons for them anywhere

I also can't see the search function on my browser (Google Chrome) on my computer; but I can see the search function on Safari on my phone (iPhone XS Max). 

• Confused 1
7 hours ago, sagebrush said:

We have a nice family-owned Mexican restaurant nearby, and they didn't screw around one bit with that shutdown.  They were busy doing "curb-side carry out" during the most uncertain times (before anyone knew for sure what was happening), and then were one of the first in town to have their dining room open again.

"The thread content is on right side of screen with selected (most popular) posts on the right side.  I much prefer the old one where you had a full screen. "

Try zooming?  Hold "Ctrl"  and press "+" three times (on a Windows Machine). The right hand panel becomes a horizontal bar and every thing looks good.

6 hours ago, Swithin said:

It's an unfortunate and terrible coincidence that the worst hit neighborhood by the virus in New York City has been Corona, Queens.

Did you say goodbye to Rosie, too?

14 minutes ago, spence said:

Just the other day I noticed the overhaul here, but how do we now know who replied to what you posted & or reaction???

It should still be there at the top left:

Annotation 2020-08-30 214809.png

Yeah, spence. Like Tex here said, they've shifted everything up there to the left.

And perhaps just like this country might do this November...HOPEFULLY!!!

(...but not THAT far to the left, hopefully...nope, JUST enough to get rid of you-know-who!)

LOL

• Like 2
3 hours ago, CinemaInternational said:

No search function anymore......

It's there on the very right within the top black message board area.  Unless you have a large computer monitor it will be difficult at best to make out. The area is not a solid black and the Search icon is more black than the surrounding background.  Move your mouse cursor around slowly and it should change from a arrow to the hand pointer.

This is a screenshot zoom in of the area, look carefully. To it's left is the Create new and the Unread Content box

black-area.png

Just used the Search

search.png

• Thanks 2
10 hours ago, hamradio said:

And "the most interesting man in the world" is no longer interesting.  Guess that's not a lost to society.

5499948c6bb3f74d611468d6?width=453&forma

HEY now, ham! I always liked that guy! In fact, I think it was BIG mistake for that beer company to send him packing.

And 'cause of course, he always reminded me SO much of myself!!!

(...heck, even my WIFE often says about me, "I'm the most interesting man I know"!)

25 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Yeah, spence. Like Tex here said, they've shifted everything up there to the left.

And perhaps just like this country might do this November...HOPEFULLY!!!

(...but not THAT far to the left, hopefully...nope, JUST enough to get rid of you-know-who!)

LOL

I would be happy to see us go THAT far to the left (whatever that means).

7 minutes ago, Thenryb said:

I would be happy to see us go THAT far to the left (whatever that means).

Well ya know Thenryb, seein' as how I've always pretty much been a centrist........I would've preferred  the person or persons who did this computer "upgrade" had put those icons RIGHT in middle up there!

(...see what I did there?!)  ;)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, hamradio said:

It's there on the very right within the top black message board area.  Unless you have a large computer monitor it will be difficult at best to make out. The area is not a solid black and the Search icon is more black than the surrounding background.  Move your mouse cursor around slowly and it should change from a arrow to the hand pointer.

This is a screenshot zoom in of the area, look carefully. To it's left is the Create new and the Unread Content box

These absolutely do not exist on my computer. I can't find them no matter how much I move my mouse around.

• Thanks 1
On 8/29/2020 at 5:07 AM, slaytonf said:

On a 2009 Macbook pro, El Capitan version 10.11.6, Firefox browser 77.0.1 (64 bit), I get:

Too big:

too-big.png

Too small:

too-small.png

Just right:

just-right.png

Just right exists in exactly one position.  If I increase or decrease the size of the screen one bit, the search box disappears.  The box is non-functioning.  If you look closely you will see small icons superimposed that call up different pages:  Home, My Activity Streams, Create, and Search. 

sewhite2000, this previous post of mine may help.  Try carefully adjusting the width of your window.

• Sad 1

This whole deal is odd because the last "upgrade", optimized the site for cell phones.

Yet, this one seems to work much better for desktops and is a problem for cell phones.

31 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

sewhite2000, this previous post of mine may help.  Try carefully adjusting the width of your window.

Okay, I stopped when I was able to see the gray icons in the header.  Since this search box you see in the body doesn't work, what's the point??   😁

Cmovieviewer gave us this link - which I pulled up but didn't test either, just not enough morbid curiosity for me at the moment.  But it does bring up a rather technical looking search page.  If it indeed works, it ought to do fascinating things:
https://forums.tcm.com/search

Maybe everyone can put chasing the icons around the screen on hold and just bookmark this link??

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

If you look closely you will see small icons superimposed that call up different pages:  Home, My Activity Streams, Create, and Search. 

Untitled.png

3 hours ago, hamradio said:

black-area.png

Just used the Search

search.png

OK, but how do you search within threads?

• TCMModerator1 changed the title to Is it me, or is there a new format?