Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it me, or is there a new format?

2 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

i keep hitting QUOTE when I mean to hit EDIT and I keep QUOTING MY OWN POSTS and then having to delete them, which is surprisingly difficult.

Yea,  I did that a lot and I'm still doing it.

I also noticed another change that I believe just started today:   the username  \ notification icon, message icon are now on the RIGHT (where they had been before)  instead of the LEFT (where they were after this format change). 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I also noticed another change that I believe just started today:   the username  \ notification icon, message icon are now on the RIGHT (where they had been before)  instead of the LEFT (where they were after this format change). 

I hadn't even noticed that until reading your post! I'm so used to it being on the right, I'd already forgotten about it being on the left.

14 hours ago, GGGGerald said:

This whole deal is odd because the last "upgrade", optimized the site for cell phones.

Yet, this one seems to work much better for desktops and is a problem for cell phones.

Desk top problems too. the issues with my desktop are not resolved.

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Yes. Glad it's back on the right. Though maybe our left-handed posters are not so glad.

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Back where it belongs!

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I feel Like I’m driving in England and I have to keep shifting gears with my left hand.

• Haha 1

Look, I started this thread for whining and obnoxious complaining about the new format, not politics.  Please keep to the subject.

I have noticed on my Samsung phone with Android os and Samsung browser that the icons that went missing (create new thread, search, and login/message menu) are now back, and are joined by another one (on the left) which calls up unread content.

Someone is paying attention.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

I have noticed on my Samsung phone with Android os and Samsung browser that the icons that went missing (create new thread, search, and login/message menu) are now back, and are joined by another one (on the left) which calls up unread content.

Someone is paying attention.

Yes, it seems to be a work in progress.

All I can say is THANK YOU!  They lightened the gray menu links for us to actually SEE! And especially happy we can now easily bypass the "thread statistics" column that tells us what posters made comments in the thread. There's only one member here I can think of who actually cares about post numbers over content. 🙄

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
16 minutes ago, TikiSoo said:

And especially happy we can now easily bypass the "thread statistics" column that tells us what posters made comments in the thread

I admit to being dense, how do you do that?

I'm glad there's a division line between read and unread posts.

Still don't see a search box.

Tiki, I'm glad your issues have been resolved with the bds, mine have not. NOTHING has changed except moving it over to the right and the statistics column to the right on the screen is gone. I still don't have the ICONS. Hopefully they are resolving and will get to it. I did what the moderator asked, posted a screenshot of the way the edit toolbar appears in my post boxes, of course that was pages ago, I hope that the moderator or whoever needed it, has seen it.

10 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

I admit to being dense, how do you do that?

Still don't see a search box.

The magnifying glass for searching is now a lighter gray visible in the upper black "cityscape" masthead picture at the top of your window.

All I have to do to get rid of the stoopid statistics is to resize my window. I'm on a Mac laptop, though, I'm sure different devices process the spacing differently.

Saw a post that said it was back to way it was, but it isn't.  They have moved sign in, notifications back to upper right side.  However, the annoying popular posts, top posters and other useless information  from days gone by are still taking up 1/3 of the screen.

• Sad 2

I'm glad that the messages and notifications are back on the right side, and I mean the right side as in the direction, not as in the "correct" side.  Lol.

The mobile interface is functioning much better.  The text is no longer overlapping and my notification and message icons are back.  On my phone, I can see the search icon.  On the browser, I cannot.  Sometimes I find it faster to just google something and add "tcm forum" to the end of the search, e.g. Errol Flynn tcm forum.  It's faster and easier to read than the search results the forum search function provides. 

I find that the post stats section is pretty easy to ignore.  I like that it stays at the top of the post and doesn't "travel" with the user as he or she scrolls down.