Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it me, or is there a new format?

Just now, CinemaInternational said:

Now it seems that only the name of the thread is lightened if you have seen all the posts.

Thanks.

Is there a way to get the thread to come up in full screen?  Right now I am in full screen, but when I go to some threads, it goes back to 1/2 for topic and 1/2 for BS.  Sorry, but I don't care who posts the most on a thread or what the most popular posts are.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

I feel kind of dumb, but I guess I never noticed all these stars and dots everyone is talking about. I always knew a thread had no new unread posts for me if the title was in gray.

I have some difficulty in contrasting the titles between gray and black on my monitor.  Whereas, under the former system it really stood out with the stars and dots.

Still don't understand why some threads come up full screen and others are 1/2 and 1/2.  Maybe it is something to do with General vs. Off Topic?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
46 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

All the threads I've been on have a lot of statistical information I absolutely don't care about taking up the right third of my laptop screen, and there doesn't seem to be any option for Xing it away. I hate, hate, hate, hate this. Curioiusly, this is the only thread where it's not happening.

I think that is happening with the most-viewed and most-replied-to threads. And under those stats, there is a lot of open space where I am thinking ads may be placed in the future. Just a theory!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
24 minutes ago, David Guercio said:

It kind of threw me off a little this morning too.  But like TopBilled said.  I think everything will be fine and change is good.  I don’t mind this change either.

Nice attitude, David! :) 

I feel  stupid asking this, but where are our profile pics and notification bell? All I see at the top of the screen is black and the TCM logo/ Message Boards logo.

5 minutes ago, GGGGerald said:

Also a lefty. Looks great to me.

I wonder if the mark-forum-as-read feature works?

PS:  It does.   Goes from BOLD to non-BOLD.      I also finally located the edit button (before I keep hitting the 'quote' button).   I don't wish to quote myself since that is a sign of insanity!    (and as we all know my posts need a lot of editing).

3 hours ago, scsu1975 said:

It appears when you quote a post that has a picture in it, the picture is partially hidden and you have to "expand it." 

It's not the picture, it's a lengthy quote that goes beyond a certain length of two or three lines.

The Edit button is now in those little dots in the corner with the Report alert.  Oh, and the quote-box is green, now.  💚

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ElCid said:

Thanks.

Is there a way to get the thread to come up in full screen?  Right now I am in full screen, but when I go to some threads, it goes back to 1/2 for topic and 1/2 for BS.  Sorry, but I don't care who posts the most on a thread or what the most popular posts are.

YEAH............ <_<

giphy.gif

• Like 1
4 hours ago, slaytonf said:

My posts are cramped to the left side of the window.  The stars and dots are all dark, even if there is no new content since I last clicked on it.

Maybe it's my browser.

It's not you. I exited out and tried again and it came back the same. Different.

2 hours ago, ElCid said:

Thanks.

For those asking questions, It might be helpful if you tell us how you are viewing the site: Cell phone or tablet or lap top or desktop or whatever.

I use a desktop. And things seem to be in order, so far.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, GGGGerald said:

For those asking questions, It might be helpful if you tell us how you are viewing the site: Cell phone or tablet or lap top or desktop or whatever.

soooooooooo.......was THIS supposed to improve access or viewability on those stinkin' i-phones !!???

:(

(yeah, I'm on a desktop)

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, mr6666 said:

soooooooooo.......was THIS supposed to improve access or viewability on those stinkin' i-phones !!???

:(

(yeah, I'm on a desktop)

ElCid:

"Is there a way to get the thread to come up in full screen?  Right now I am in full screen, but when I go to some threads, it goes back to 1/2 for topic and 1/2 for BS. 

Sorry, but I DON'T CARE who posts the most on a thread or what the most popular posts are. "

giphy.gif

• Like 2
2 hours ago, hamradio said:

Where are the Private Messages, Members Reacted / quoted Icons?

Screen snapshot, can barely see the Unread Content / Create New / Search

tcm.png

This happens I just discovered on my Samsung phone with their internet browser.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, hamradio said:

Where are the Private Messages, Members Reacted / quoted Icons?

Screen snapshot, can barely see the Unread Content / Create New / Search

tcm.png

I'm having the same issue (I'm using a desktop.)

25 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

I'm having the same issue (I'm using a desktop.)

uJpzI8x.png

That's how mine looks.

Maybe check to see if you are signed in.

Edited by GGGGerald
added sentence.
  • Thanks 1
  • TCMModerator1 changed the title to Is it me, or is there a new format?