Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it me, or is there a new format?

On my Samsung phone using the Samsung browser, I can only sign in when I am viewing a thread.  The sign in boxes are located at the bottom of the thread page.

Btw, it seems like this semi screen business starts up when a thread gets to fifty posts.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
12 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

Kyle Kersten is gone on Firefox, but he is still there on Chrome.  He's still there on Safari, too.

Kyle is still on mine. I just have to hover my cursor over the yellow colon  and it lights up.

SO...you can no longer determine font size, and the real content is squeezed into half a page while half remains blank.   There is only one sure thing about this site...the people who screw with it never, ever actually use it.                                     Who Did It GIFs | Tenor

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, shutoo said:

SO...you can no longer determine font size, and the real content is squeezed into half a page while half remains blank.   There is only one sure thing about this site...the people who screw with it never, ever actually use it.                                     Who Did It GIFs | Tenor

What device are you using ? Because my fonts ribbon is basically the same.

Just now, GGGGerald said:

What device are you using ? Because my fonts ribbon is basically the same.

using a microsoft surface, chrome...also just realized YOU CAN"t EDIT your posts now....good lord...who cares who are the 'most popular' posters, or days with most traffic?   Is there going to be a PRIZE????

Just opened on Samsung tab, also chrome, no font  selection , no edit...but no big white space.   The actual font is so small I have to stretch  the screen to see (that's new too)...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, shutoo said:

using a microsoft surface, chrome...also just realized YOU CAN"t EDIT your posts now....good lord...who cares who are the 'most popular' posters, or days with most traffic?   Is there going to be a PRIZE????

Just opened on Samsung tab, also chrome, no font  selection , no edit...but no big white space.   The actual font is so small I have to stretch  the screen to see (that's new too)...

You can edit on Chrome. Click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the post.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 7.43.08 PM

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, shutoo said:

I just opened this site up on my cell to see what others are seeing:

I see some of the choices are missing. That will have to be fixed or it will be difficult to post effectively.

To edit, hit those three dots in the upper right of the post. You'll see Report , Share, then Edit

I have a Samsung but, I use Firefox so it matches up with my desktop that also uses Firefox.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

You can edit on Chrome. Click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the post.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 7.43.08 PM

Yes, but it's too bad there's still no "Delete" option programed in.

And for those occasions where one has duplicated a post in error, or perhaps have had second thoughts about a post after they've entered it and then wish to delete it in its entirety.

(...have always thought it a good option to have on message boards)

• Thanks 4
3 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Yes, but it's too bad there's still no "Delete" option programed in.

And for those occasions where one has duplicated a post in error, or perhaps have had second thoughts about a post after they've entered it and then wish to delete it in its entirety.

(...have always thought it a good option to have on message boards)

Usually what I do, if I feel it's a post I need to delete...I will edit the post and just change the content to something quick and simple, typically posting a photo related to a classic film that is on topic with the thread. 

I suppose a person could private message the moderator or report their own post, asking it to be removed. But that may not happen immediately.

5 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Usually what I do, if I feel it's a post I need to delete...I will edit the post and just change the content to something quick and simple, typically posting a photo related to a classic film that is on topic with the thread. 

I suppose a person could private message the moderator or report their own post, asking it to be removed. But that may not happen immediately.

I've used the ol' "..." thing in replacement of my original post a few times in the past, myself.

(...still though and like I said, having a "delete" option would be preferable, wouldn't you think?)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dargo said:

I've used the ol' "..." thing in replacement of my original post a few times in the past, myself.

(...still though and like I said, having a "delete" option would be preferable, wouldn't you think?)

But what if someone accidentally deleted a post they didn't mean to post? How would they restore it? Or would they permanently lose the text after they've saved the changes without any way of getting it back?

1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

But what if someone accidentally deleted a post they didn't mean to post? How would they restore it? Or would they permanently lose the text after they've saved the changes without any way of getting it back?

In every forum message board I've ever been a member of and which has had this option, one must then "confirm" their deletion of their post after another popup appears on their screen.

(...it's a two-step process, and so eliminating the idea that one could delete their post accidentally, you see)

• Thanks 1
Just now, Dargo said:

In every forum message board I've ever been a member of and which has had this option, one must then "confirm" their deletion of their post after another popup appears on their screen.

(...it's a two-step process, and so eliminating the idea that one could delete their post accidentally, you see)

Okay, makes sense! :) 

1 hour ago, GGGGerald said:

uJpzI8x.png

That's how mine looks.

Maybe check to see if you are signed in.

I'm always signed in (or I couldn't post)

I don't don't see anything on the left below the TCM Message Boards logos.  I even tried Firefox.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

C'est un  bordel de ****.

giphy.gif

"Okay. Who let the French broad here into the conversation?!"

LOL

(...sorry Princess, just couldn't resist)  ;)

• TCMModerator1 changed the title to Is it me, or is there a new format?