Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it me, or is there a new format?

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I've given it a day or so now and I do not like many of the changes.  This new right hand column with trivia facts is not worth losing a full page to see the posts.  Terrible.

What trivia facts? All I see in the right column are photos of naked actresses. Some of them are pretty good, but that one of Edna May Oliver has to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
20 hours ago, shutoo said:

SO...you can no longer determine font size, and the real content is squeezed into half a page while half remains blank.   There is only one sure thing about this site...the people who screw with it never, ever actually use it.                                     Who Did It GIFs | Tenor

Shutoo, are the Font and Color Icons missing from your options?

4 hours ago, hamradio said:

Tho

If TCM wants to lose members, found the perfect way. :wacko:

Maybe that's their plan? They lost plenty of members when they totally changed the boards a decade ago.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, skimpole said:

Sorry I'm not seeing it.

I can see it if I log in with Firefox but not if I log in with Chrome or Internet Explorer. 🤨

• Confused 1
21 hours ago, shutoo said:

using a microsoft surface, chrome...also just realized YOU CAN"t EDIT your posts now....good lord...who cares who are the 'most popular' posters, or days with most traffic?   Is there going to be a PRIZE????

Exactly.  Exactly !    (I agree so much I had to say it twice.)

What do we care what the most  "popular" post is, or how many days the thread is on page 1?  (if that's what it is...  I can't even figure it out, nor can I be bothered to try...)  There's something a bit childish and/or egotistical about paying attention to what's "the most popular".     What is this, high school ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, slaytonf said:

Oh, I understand now:

Speaking of "popular",  slayton,  this post of yours' should have gotten a "like", a "thanks"  or a "laugh" from everyone posting on this thread.   I laughed and laughed.  I'd forgotten all about that "Confuse-a-Cat" sketch.  Great to see it again !

God,  Monty Python were so silly and clever and funny.

13 minutes ago, misswonderly3 said:

Speaking of "popular",  slayton,  this post of yours' should have gotten a "like", a "thanks"  or a "laugh" from everyone posting on this thread.   I laughed and laughed.  I'd forgotten all about that "Confuse-a-Cat" sketch.  Great to see it again !

God,  Monty Python were so silly and clever and funny.

They were--they are the best!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sagebrush said:

I can see it if I log in with Firefox but not if I log in with Chrome or Internet Explorer. 🤨

I'm using Chrome. Try clicking on the icon I am pointing to. It reduces the size of your window, and you will see the icons on the right. Of course, it's ridiculous to have to do that every time.

cIT9SpB.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I bet the folks at TCM reading this thread are finding some of the reactions amusing.

Though I do agree some advance notification or chance to offer suggestions would have been nice.

As I've said before in other threads, it's their show and we're just special guests. 

To paraphrase something Janis Paige said in her Television Academy Foundation interview, "it's a privilege" to be here and interact like this each day.

If the folks at TCM are reading this thread they should find our reactions concerning, not amusing.  If I redesigned a website and then found that a good proportion of those who use that website hated the redesign, I would feel regretful and possibly seek out their opinions on what they actually would like to see changed, if anything.

And yes, it's their show.  But what good would a show be if nobody liked it, or, in the case of using "their" website, if nobody ever used it.  All that effort would be for nothing.

We may be their "guests",  but the courteous, helpful, and even practical thing for them  (whoever exactly "they" are anyway)  to do would be to not only respect us, but also actually be glad that we bother coming here and using their site.   It's nice that "they" provide this, but it works both ways.  I don't see it as a "privilege";   I don't think they're just doing us a favour by having this site.    And if that's how "they" think of it and how they think of us, they can get stuffed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Where's the 'SEARCH' option????

:blink:

As other posters have noted elsewhere, it's better to search the website with your browser rather than the search function on the TCM site.  I've stopped using the TCM search function a long time ago.

11 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

As other posters have noted elsewhere, it's better to search the website with your browser rather than the search function on the TCM site.  I've stopped using the TCM search function a long time ago.

But where is the search function on the board?

Btw, I think I like the sidebar with its information. 

• Like 1

I don't know how TCM makes money, but there are a lot of times I would not watch TCM if I had not gone to this forum and discovered shows I wanted to watch.  So, that would be one less viewer for many TCM programs.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Yes, where is the search function now?

I found that if I do a search on this page (Command F in Safari) for the word "search," besides taking me to every time the word is mentioned in this thread, the first place it takes me to is the "Create" button on top left. Maybe there's a ghost of a search button there.

Search is an important feature of the board. For example, I started a thread years ago in Off-Topic, devoted to songs from Broadway musicals. I don't post there much, but when I want to post, I need to find it, since it's buried behind so many more current pages.  The search function is crucial.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Swithin said:

I found that if I do a search on this page (Command F in Safari) for the word "search," besides taking me to every time the word is mentioned in this thread, the first place it takes me to is the "Create" button on top left. Maybe there's a ghost of a search button there.

Search is an important feature of the board. For example, I started a thread years ago in Off-Topic, devoted to songs from Broadway musicals. I don't post there much, but when I want to post, I need to find it, since it's buried behind so many more current pages.  The search function is crucial.

Ah but isn't that just a generic Safari search and not the TCM search which allowed you to search via topics or posts or combined phrases?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, misswonderly3 said:

Exactly.  Exactly !    (I agree so much I had to say it twice.)

What do we care what the most  "popular" post is, or how many days the thread is on page 1?  (if that's what it is...  I can't even figure it out, nor can I be bothered to try...)  There's something a bit childish and/or egotistical about paying attention to what's "the most popular".     What is this, high school ?

Since my earlier post on this thread did not become the most popular one on it I completely agree with you, MissW.

WHAT DO WE CARE WHAT THE MOST POPULAR POST IS! WHAT IS THIS, HIGH SCHOOL?

• Like 1

I often read TV and film-related content on the Digital Spy website and have participated there. When I log on to DS, policy information pops up, related to the use of cookies. The pop up says, among other things, that their website will:

Measure content performance, Apply market research to generate audience insights, Develop and improve products.

3 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Ah but isn't that just a generic Safari search and not the TCM search which allowed you to search via topics or posts or combined phrases?

That's right, so it's not useful for our purposes here. What I meant was that the first thing it took me to was a phantom spot on the top left, with the word "Search" appearing, or at least the upper half of the word at any rate. Wish I could do a screen shot so I could demonstrate.

42 minutes ago, Swithin said:

Btw, I think I like the sidebar with its information. 

I am not bothered by the data. But I do think they've allotted too much webpage space for it. The gray column on the right hand side could easily be cut in half.

• TCMModerator1 changed the title to Is it me, or is there a new format?