Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I bought an LP thinking it was a CD. As it only cost $7.99 I didn't feel the urge to send it back. I'm assuming there must be a place that can transfer LPs to CDs. Anybody got any clue? 

31 minutes ago, Janet0312 said:

I bought an LP thinking it was a CD. As it only cost $7.99 I didn't feel the urge to send it back. I'm assuming there must be a place that can transfer LPs to CDs. Anybody got any clue? 

There are professional services that will do this.  Here's one.  I haven't used it so I can't vouch for the quality, etc.    You might try searching for "lp to cd transfer service" in your area also.

http://www.audio-restorations.com/lptocd/

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

There are professional services that will do this.  Here's one.  I haven't used it so I can't vouch for the quality, etc.    You might try searching for "lp to cd transfer service" in your area also.

http://www.audio-restorations.com/lptocd/

Correct,  but in this case it would be better (likely cheaper) to just purchase the CD unless it is a very rare recording. 

40 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Correct,  but in this case it would be better (likely cheaper) to just purchase the CD unless it is a very rare recording. 

It's David Rose recording of some of his music from Bonanza. I feel like a jerk that I didn't realize it was a record and not a CD.

hi Janet:

I have the proper equipment to transfer music from LPs to my PC, and then I can create a CD with those files.  I will do this for you as a courtesy-- I will even send you prepaid first class labels.  If your're wondering why I am willing to do this, here is the reason: I love to collect original film photographs.  Many a time, as many of you know from reading my posts, I get terrific looking photos and there are always a few which I cannot identify.  Every single time, the TCM members help me out with identifications and I cannot express how grateful I am for the help I receive.  (I hope all this doesn't sound corny).  Anyway, if you'd like me to do this for you,  please send me a message via the TCM message system and I will send you my address.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, DickLindsay said:

hi Janet:

I have the proper equipment to transfer music from LPs to my PC, and then I can create a CD with those files.  I will do this for you as a courtesy-- I will even send you prepaid first class labels.  If you're wondering why I am willing to do this, here is the reason: I love to collect original film photographs.  Many a time, as many of you know from reading my posts, I get terrific looking photos and there are always a few which I cannot identify.  Every single time, the TCM members help me out with identifications and I cannot express how grateful I am for the help I receive.  (I hope all this doesn't sound corny).  Anyway, if you'd like me to do this for you,  please send me a message via the TCM message system and I will send you my address.

Hi DickLindsay,

Very nice of you to offer to do this for Janet. As you've seen, I'm one of those who has been able to identify many of your stills. And from the "It's a small world" department, I actually know Janet. We had a mutual friend who was a major film collector, including stills. Although I had already been collecting and researching still code numbers for many years I learned a lot about identifying stills & movie photos from him (and taught him a thing or two too!) And now I've been putting some of that knowledge to use on your stills. So, it all works out nicely doesn't it!

By the way, you've mentioned a stills code book - is that the one by Ed & Susan Poole, 2013 Edition? (Most recent as far as I know). If so, I helped with that book, sending Ed many thousands of still numbers. You'll see my name in the acknowledgements, for "tremendous help with this project".

And....hello Janet!

4 hours ago, musicalnovelty said:

Hi DickLindsay,

Very nice of you to offer to do this for Janet. As you've seen, I'm one of those who has been able to identify many of your stills. And from the "It's a small world" department, I actually know Janet. We had a mutual friend who was a major film collector, including stills. Although I had already been collecting and researching still code numbers for many years I learned a lot about identifying stills & movie photos from him (and taught him a thing or two too!) And now I've been putting some of that knowledge to use on your stills. So, it all works out nicely doesn't it!

By the way, you've mentioned a stills code book - is that the one by Ed & Susan Poole, 2013 Edition? (Most recent as far as I know). If so, I helped with that book, sending Ed many thousands of still numbers. You'll see my name in the acknowledgements, for "tremendous help with this project".

And....hello Janet!

Hello!

16 hours ago, DickLindsay said:

hi Janet:

I have the proper equipment to transfer music from LPs to my PC, and then I can create a CD with those files.  I will do this for you as a courtesy-- I will even send you prepaid first class labels.  If your're wondering why I am willing to do this, here is the reason: I love to collect original film photographs.  Many a time, as many of you know from reading my posts, I get terrific looking photos and there are always a few which I cannot identify.  Every single time, the TCM members help me out with identifications and I cannot express how grateful I am for the help I receive.  (I hope all this doesn't sound corny).  Anyway, if you'd like me to do this for you,  please send me a message via the TCM message system and I will send you my address.

Well, thank you. 

19 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

It's not available on CD, at least not on Amazon.