Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 minute ago, spence said:

see any celebs?

Yes, all the time. Some of my college friends were children or grandchildren of classic film stars. And when I lived in West Hollywood, I'd see various people at different places around town (grocery store, post office, library, dog park, etc.). If you work in the entertainment industry, then of course you see celebrities at the different studios.

3 minutes ago, spence said:

you must know the studios then & where they are located, heard anything about the rko globe?

Yes. Now that I think about it, I've been to every major studio, either as a guest of a friend, or there for work-related things. Usually I was at these studios for television productions. The movies I worked on tended to be on location, like filming along the coast or in downtown L.A. (exteriors). Television involves a lot of interiors and most of it is produced inside the studio sound stages.

I don't know much about the RKO globe, except that people have wanted to preserve it as part of Hollywood history.

2 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Yes. Now that I think about it, I've been to every major studio, either as a guest of a friend, or there for work-related things. Usually I was at these studios for television productions. The movies I worked on tended to be on location, like filming along the coast or in downtown L.A. (exteriors). Television involves a lot of interiors and most of it is produced inside the studio sound stages.

I don't know much about the RKO globe, except that people have wanted to preserve it as part of Hollywood history.

great!   i know culver studios doesn't allow fans in though   Sad because a ton were filmed within it's gates   see any celebs?

Just now, spence said:

great!   i know culver studios doesn't allow fans in though   Sad because a ton were filmed within it's gates   see any celebs?

to me WB's was the finest tour of them all, but that was back in '99

Just now, spence said:

to me WB's was the finest tour of them all, but that was back in '99

it's bizarro world at paramount because you step over a line and it dates back to the 30's and 40's on the rko side

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

you got around, huh   if it's ok to say, where did you stay 

Just now, spence said:

I went to the Culver Studios one night because a friend of mine was working on the sitcom The King of Queens. That location is now called Sony Pictures Studios.

you got around, huh   if it's ok to say, where did you stay 

I lived in West Hollywood in the early to mid-2000s. By North Harper & Fountain, just below Sunset Blvd.

3 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I went to the Culver Studios one night because a friend of mine was working on the sitcom The King of Queens. That location is now called Sony Pictures Studios.

i like KING OF QUEENS  among few sitcoms i like as a matter of fact, how could i forget SENFELD though!

but, my A #1 all-time fav show is THE HONEYMOONERS-CLASSIC 39   do you like them?

• Like 1

i like KING OF QUEENS  among few sitcoms i like as a matter of fact, how could i forget SENFELD though!

but, my A #1 all-time fav show is THE HONEYMOONERS-CLASSIC 39   do you like them?

Yes. Classic television.

23 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Yes, all the time. Some of my college friends were children or grandchildren of classic film stars. And when I lived in West Hollywood, I'd see various people at different places around town (grocery store, post office, library, dog park, etc.). If you work in the entertainment industry, then of course you see celebrities at the different studios.

Can you name just a few? Ever see SINATRA? or NATALIE WOOD?

Just now, spence said:

& it's outrageously never on the air, not even on TV LAND?????

on my old vhs tapes i have 36 of the 39 & lots of THE LOST EPISODES

• Like 1

STILL THERE, THE ONE'S I'M MOST CURIOUS ABOUT IF YOU SAW ARE OF COURSE THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD & NATALIE?  TRACY, CAGNEY OR McQUEEN???

15 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

But isn't Sony what was once MGM & Culver studios is down the road?

Just now, spence said:

i sadly got to see a decimated MGM_(Sony in 05 40 acres reduced from over 200)

Thalberg bldg was left at least

Natalie Wood was before my time. By that I mean, she died when I was still a young child. I did not move to Los Angeles until I went to college. I'm originally from the midwest. 

I never met Sinatra but his granddaughter (daughter of Nancy) is a lovely person. I went to college with her. Sophia Loren's oldest son was also in our classes. Sophia used to come to the campus to check on him! She was instantly recognizable, looking every inch the star, but really didn't act like a star. She was just a mom who wanted to be sure her son's studies were on track.

Some people I would bump into casually. As I said earlier, I'd see them at the Ralph's grocery store on La Brea, or the Trader Joes on Santa Monica Blvd. 

I liked going over to the Century City mall. That was probably my favorite place to just hang out. I'd see Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher at the bookstore there. One evening Rob Lowe and his wife were in line right behind me at the AMC movie theater. I remember bumping into one of the kids from The Cosby Show walking around. You know, random people. Famous people and not-famous people. It was just people shopping, living their "everyday" lives.

In my neighborhood, I'd see well-known people walking their dogs. Or getting ticketed for parking too long along the street. It was people being people.

8 minutes ago, spence said:

You may be right. I was at Sony, so then I must have been at the old MGM studio in Culver City. Thanks for correcting me on that.

2 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Natalie Wood was before my time. By that I mean, she died when I was still a young child. I did not move to Los Angeles until I went to college. I'm originally from the midwest. 

I never met Sinatra but his granddaughter (daughter of Nancy) is a lovely person. I went to college with her. Sophia Loren's oldest son was also in our classes. Sophia used to come to the campus to check on him! She was instantly recognizable, looking every inch the star, but really didn't act like a star. She was just a mom who wanted to be sure her son's studies were on track.

Some people I would bump into casually. As I said earlier, I'd see them at the Ralph's grocery store on La Brea, or the Trader Joes on Santa Monica Blvd. 

I liked going over to the Century City mall. That was probably my favorite place to just hang out. I'd see Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher at the bookstore there. One evening Rob Lowe and his wife were in line right behind me at the AMC movie theater. I remember bumping into one of the kids from The Cosby Show walking around. You know, random people. Famous people and not-famous people. It was just people shopping, living their "everyday" lives.

In my neighborhood, I'd see well-known people walking their dogs. Or getting ticketed for parking too long along the street. It was people being people.

thanx

2 minutes ago, spence said:

thanx

not a fan of NANCY S. by any means though,. but like TINA a lot   There were these fans of his_(Frank's & Frank, Jr's) going on about Frank Jr performing on stage, but i interjected & let them know he just up & died of a heart attack at only 72, same ailment that took THE CHAIRMAN  They were dead silent after that though  Hated to be the bearer of bad news though

7 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

apparently he left NANY vs TINA & FRANK, Jr in charge of his estate  She did do a tremendous coffee table book titled FRANK SINATRA AN AMERICAN LEGEND though

I was in 3 fan clubs, no 4-(but nowadays they are all on the net vs something in normal mail, which I prefer  Case in point am in MADONNA'S but it's all net driven, but was at first in THE THREE STOOGES back in 1983/84 it closed though Now there is one on the net instead RALPH-(Royal Preservation & Longevity of The Honeymooners) But it also closed when THE GREAT ONE GLEASON went in '87???

Then there was SINATRA'S  utterly superbly run! i still have bags of all the stuff they sent, out of Lakeland, FL but of course they also closed???/

• Thanks 1
Just now, spence said:

apparently he left NANY vs TINA & FRANK, Jr in charge of his estate  She did do a tremendous coffee table book titled FRANK SINATRA AN AMERICAN LEGEND though

I was in 3 fan clubs, no 4-(but nowadays they are all on the net vs something in normal mail, which I prefer  Case in point am in MADONNA'S but it's all net driven, but was at first in THE THREE STOOGES back in 1983/84 it closed though Now there is one on the net instead RALPH-(Royal Preservation & Longevity of The Honeymooners) But it also closed when THE GREAT ONE GLEASON went in '87???

Then there was SINATRA'S  utterly superbly run! i still have bags of all the stuff they sent, out of Lakeland, FL but of course they also closed???/

what did you think of loren by the way? & Lowe looks like he did 3yrs ago