Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just now, spence said:

By the way in case your interested THE HONEYMOONERS-CLASSIC 39 & LOST EPISODES are all on youtube

recall the episode of KING OF QUEENS were he couldn't sleep, no, he 2was dreaming he & his pal were RALPH & NORTON?

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Natalie Wood was before my time. By that I mean, she died when I was still a young child. I did not move to Los Angeles until I went to college. I'm originally from the midwest. 

I never met Sinatra but his granddaughter (daughter of Nancy) is a lovely person. I went to college with her. Sophia Loren's oldest son was also in our classes. Sophia used to come to the campus to check on him! She was instantly recognizable, looking every inch the star, but really didn't act like a star. She was just a mom who wanted to be sure her son's studies were on track.

Some people I would bump into casually. As I said earlier, I'd see them at the Ralph's grocery store on La Brea, or the Trader Joes on Santa Monica Blvd. 

I liked going over to the Century City mall. That was probably my favorite place to just hang out. I'd see Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher at the bookstore there. One evening Rob Lowe and his wife were in line right behind me at the AMC movie theater. I remember bumping into one of the kids from The Cosby Show walking around. You know, random people. Famous people and not-famous people. It was just people shopping, living their "everyday" lives.

In my neighborhood, I'd see well-known people walking their dogs. Or getting ticketed for parking too long along the street. It was people being people.

who are the top stars you wish you'd seen in person?

Just now, spence said:

they all warned especially women to not go on H. BLVD at night, too dangerous nowadays for them

Just now, spence said:

Any ELVIS sightings while there?

he also had a place in HOLLYWOOD area, but looking at your NATALIE response he was living there long before you did though & likely in GRACELAND by then

Met a cabbie who lived out there a while 7 saw MADONNA doing a video on the beach   Probably the B & W one called CHERISH

2 minutes ago, spence said:

what did you think of loren by the way? & Lowe looks like he did 3yrs ago

Sometimes you are just caught up in what you are doing. Like in that case, with Lowe, I was busy purchasing my ticket and I had a friend who already had a ticket, waiting for me by the theater door. But I think my friend was jealous that I got to stand next to Rob Lowe for a few minutes! It's amusing.

I just remembered one day I went into the Safeway grocery store, it was on Santa Monica Blvd by Robertson. There was a very nice looking African American gentleman with a smooth sounding voice. I was busy getting my things, paying for my food, etc. I really didn't stop to realize who he was. But on my way out, someone said "was that Smokey Robinson?" And I turned back quickly to look at the man I had seen inside. And sure enough, it was him. But if someone hadn't said "is that so and so?" I really wouldn't have made the connection. You just sort of live your own life and you don't expect to run into Smokey Robinson at the supermarket.

i go all the way out there & 3 times no less & see no stars, but as i wrote several times, back in the summer of '84 Fox vans were all over a fancy retirement villiage, just over a wall in my back yard-(I later even voted there my first time) & there was some of the cast of COCOON (l985) ($76m,) hung out 8hrs that day

6 minutes ago, spence said:

Well yeah...sometimes you wish you could go back in time to 1930s or 1940s Hollywood.

On one of the sidewalks near my apartment, like a block and a half over from where I lived, Jean Harlow's name was scrawled in the concrete with a date on it. People just walked over it and their dogs walked over it and nobody paid much attention to it. I assumed she used to live there, and for historic reasons, that part of the sidewalk was never replaced. So I would have liked to have met her.

3 minutes ago, spence said:

Any ELVIS sightings while there?

No. Afraid not!

3 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Sometimes you are just caught up in what you are doing. Like in that case, with Lowe, I was busy purchasing my ticket and I had a friend who already had a ticket, waiting for me by the theater door. But I think my friend was jealous that I got to stand next to Rob Lowe for a few minutes! It's amusing.

I just remembered one day I went into the Safeway grocery store, it was on Santa Monica Blvd by Robertson. There was a very nice looking African American gentleman with a smooth sounding voice. I was busy getting my things, paying for my food, etc. I really didn't stop to realize who he was. But on my way out, someone said "was that Smokey Robinson?" And I turned back quickly to look at the man I had seen inside. And sure enough, it was him. But if someone hadn't said "is that so and so?" I really wouldn't have made the connection. You just sort of live your own life and you don't expect to run into Smokey Robinson at the supermarket.

doesn't lowe look like he's been in a time capsyule?

Just now, TopBilled said:

Well yeah...sometimes you wish you could go back in time to 1930s or 1940s Hollywood.

On one of the sidewalks near my apartment, like a block and a half over from where I lived, Jean Harlow's name was scrawled in the concrete with a date on it. People just walked over it and their dogs walked over it and nobody paid much attention to it. I assumed she used to live there, and for historic reasons, that part of the sidewalk was never replaced. So I would have liked to have met her.

No. Afraid not!

of course i didn't mean his ghost, like all these idiots do ever since his stunning demise

Just now, spence said:

of course i didn't mean his ghost, like all these idiots do ever since his stunning demise

was it up the ill fated BENEDICT CANYON?

1 minute ago, spence said:

was it up the ill fated BENEDICT CANYON?

The tour bus guide refused to go up BENEDICT CANYON, though he did stop at GEORGE REEVES fmr house

2 minutes ago, spence said:

i have in my over 150 movie books=-(started collecting them as a kid in '79) THE RKO STORY

I'm glad you mentioned that book, since this thread is about RKO films. 

For purposes of this thread, I have been going through the entire catalogue of RKO films on the IMDb. There are 2,327 titles (which includes short films). 

I want to get as familiar with the studio's output as I possibly can. 

MovieCollector's database is also a good resource, since he lists the RKO films that have not yet aired on TCM.

Did you go to a movie at GRAUMAN'S? My mom & friend went to an Al Pacino, McConaughey movie inside there, but given it was Oscar time i went in back of THE CINERAMA DOME to see CAPOTE

3 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

For purposes of this thread, I have been going through the entire catalogue of RKO films on the IMDb. There are 2,327 titles (includes short films).

do you own that book, or any of the studio books by the same people Also have THE M-G-M story, Universal, but LARRY EDMUNDS had the WB's Story, but wanted $86 bucks for it!

5 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

For purposes of this thread, I have been going through the entire catalogue of RKO films on the IMDb. There are 2,327 titles (includes short films).

MITCHUM always joked about his closed looking eyelids & would say at RKO they just paint the eyeballs on me & move the current girl past me

Just now, spence said:

MITCHUM always joked about his closed looking eyelids & would say at RKO they just paint the eyeballs on me & move the current girl past me

HIS KIND OF WOMAN (l95l) (RKO) is where he really got injured doing his own stunts, until the actual stuntman reminded BOB hey thats our job

Just now, spence said:

as you know it was there & until THE PHILADELPHIA STORY that Kate was voted box-office poison

Despite BRINGING UP BABY being one of the greats!