Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Green for Danger -- not about the 1946 British film but about the wing of the Republican Party that calls itself the Green Party

If Clinton had received the Green Party’s votes in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, Trump would not be president. The failure of Bernie Sanders ideological purists to support Clinton and a drop in the African-American vote sealed her fate.

Unfortunately, the Greens played the same role in the 2000 presidential election that they did in the close 2016 election. Ultimately, George W. Bush’s victory in our country’s closest presidential election was determined by 537 votes in Florida, where Greens received 97,488 votes. Eight years of Republican control of the presidency followed.

For all practical purposes, the Greens have functioned as a wing of the Republican Party in presidential elections. Not only have they been a very important factor in helping to elect Republican presidents, but their constant attack on Democrats have helped make Mitch McConnell the senate majority leader and enabled Republicans to maintain control of many state legislatures."

http://www.thenewcrossroads.com/2020/09/12/the-danger-of-voter-apathy-and-third-parties-for-biden/

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot recall where I read it just the other day but there was an investigative article about the GOP financially propping up the Green Party in swing states much like they are doing Kayne West.  I think I posted that the democrats should respond in the future by creating a breakaway Republican Party to really split their vote.

Swithin, if you get Home Box Office I would recommend Alex Gibney's two part documentary, Agents of Chaos which is about Putin's troll factory the IRA and the 2016 election.  There is a section about the wikileaks Clinton email dump and how they specifically targeted Sanders supporters to make them all feel betrayed.  And of course it worked a charm.

There is the Libertarian Party, which I think would skew a little bit to the right. Then there is the

Constitution Party which is solidly conservative. It's a little too late to help either one of them

for 2020. I didn't even know who the presidential candidate of the Green Party is. It's Howie

Hawkins. Let's get out there and win one for the Hawk. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I cannot recall where I read it just the other day but there was an investigative article about the GOP financially propping up the Green Party in swing states much like they are doing Kayne West.  I think I posted that the democrats should respond in the future by creating a breakaway Republican Party to really split their vote.

Swithin, if you get Home Box Office I would recommend Alex Gibney's two part documentary, Agents of Chaos which is about Putin's troll factory the IRA and the 2016 election.  There is a section about the wikileaks Clinton email dump and how they specifically targeted Sanders supporters to make them all feel betrayed.  And of course it worked a charm.

I don't get HBO, but I will look for that film. The New York Public Library has many of Gibney's films and will no doubt get Agents of Chaos at some point.

These two posts above by TalkTalk are exactly what Swithin was referring to and what I was referring to when I mentioned the HBO film, Agents of Chaos and the Kremlin bots trying to sew discord among democrats while leaving the Republican party alone.  TT and Jimmy Dore are just amplifying what the Russian troll factory is doing.  They have a name for it - carousel posting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

xmAefhLr_bigger.jpg

.@BernieSanders: “This is not just an election between Donald Trump and Joe Biden. This is an election between Donald Trump and democracy—and democracy must win.”

EhzQtIyY?format=jpg&name=small

This is the dead giveaway.  People like Jimmy Dore devote all of their time to whining about how Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein are treated by the democrats but zero time when these same people warn us of the fascist dangers of Donald Trump's right wing authoritarian tendencies.  Zero time on Trump ordering police to attack peaceful protesters.  Zero time on Donald Trump's treatment of asylum seekers, etc.   They abandon Bernie Sanders when he says not to vote for Donald Trump because they want Trump to win.  With them support of left wing ideals is just a charade as they are clearly in the right wing camp.  They are either doing this knowingly or they are incredible useful idiots.
The Kremlin wishes to show to the world that Western Democracy does not work.  Jimmy Dore and company are amplifying that message.
The right thing to do if one values living in a western democratic world is to fight that and to expose it for what it is - disinformation.
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

These two posts above by TalkTalk are exactly what Swithin was referring to and what I was referring to when I mentioned the HBO film, Agents of Chaos and the Kremlin bots trying to sew discord among democrats while leaving the Republican party alone.  TT and Jimmy Dore are just amplifying what the Russian troll factory is doing.  They have a name for it - carousel posting.

On 9/13/2020 at 4:36 PM, Swithin said:

If Clinton had received the Green Party’s votes in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, Trump would not be president. The failure of Bernie Sanders ideological purists to support Clinton and a drop in the African-American vote sealed her fate.

Unfortunately, the Greens played the same role in the 2000 presidential election that they did in the close 2016 election. Ultimately, George W. Bush’s victory in our country’s closest presidential election was determined by 537 votes in Florida, where Greens received 97,488 votes. Eight years of Republican control of the presidency followed.

For all practical purposes, the Greens have functioned as a wing of the Republican Party in presidential elections. Not only have they been a very important factor in helping to elect Republican presidents, but their constant attack on Democrats have helped make Mitch McConnell the senate majority leader and enabled Republicans to maintain control of many state legislatures."

http://www.thenewcrossroads.com/2020/09/12/the-danger-of-voter-apathy-and-third-parties-for-biden/

On 9/13/2020 at 4:36 PM, Swithin said:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...