Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

December 2020 Schedule

33 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Okay thanks for clarifying. I haven't seen it.

You should. Despite some suggestive dialogue and moments, its very close in mood and tone to a drawing room comedy of the 30s or in literary terms, like a cross between Jane Austen and PG Wodehouse. Its witty and sharp.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CinemaInternational said:

You should. Despite some suggestive dialogue and moments, its very close in mood and tone to a drawing room comedy of the 30s or in literary terms, like a cross between Jane Austen and PG Wodehouse. Its witty and sharp.

Oh good. I love that kind of stuff!

Speaking of December, how about January? I wish TCM would show The Dead (1987) on January 6, the day it takes place (January 6, 1904). It's one of the most perfect movies of all time, and the last film of a great director, from a great Hollywood dynasty.

880a2d47caf7e3d83dbc04ea9494093c.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
20 hours ago, CinemaInternational said:

I absolutely adore Metropolitan (1990).   There are also elements of Eric Rohmer.  I love Stillman''s other films: Barcelona , The Last Days of Disco, Damsels in Distress and  Love and Friendship. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Not for very long though.

Let's hope with all of these great minds on the message boards we can figure out some way to save future months schedule access.

• Like 1
On 9/27/2020 at 4:31 PM, TopBilled said:

I finished going over each day on the schedule.

A few titles caught my attention:

HELL'S HEROES (1929)...a Universal precode western. On 12/21.
THE MIRACLE OF THE BELLS (1948)...classic tearjerker. On 12/21.
THE CHEATERS (1945)...glad to see Republic's holiday classic is back on TCM. On 12/23.
BLACK CHRISTMAS (1974)...a great Canadian horror film. On 12/18.

I noticed HOLIDAY AFFAIR (1949) is airing three times. That must be some sort of record!

I think TCM shows the Shout!Factory remaster of Black Christmas, which I think is worth a watch even if you've seen the movie before. The improved colors really amps up the Christmas atmosphere. I hope they have the remasted version of Detour. I've been considering buying it, but I'd like to get a good look at it first.

Since I'll be home this New Year's Eve, I might watch the Thin Man marathon. I haven't seen them in order yet. I am especially looking forward to Evil Under the Sun, Mourning Becomes Electra, Lady on a Train, and The Burglar. Hopefully, I'll manage to see Bell, Book and Candle or Beware, My Lovely. I always manage to miss those two, but those are on at pretty good times for me.

I wouldn't have expected to see it on TCM, but The Lure (2015) is enjoyably weird.

• Like 1

With the overhaul of the online schedule, is there any way we'll still be able to get a peek at a full month's slate 2-3 months in advance, or is that still an open question? I personally haven't been able to figure out how to do it with the new schedules.

12 minutes ago, keenimage said:

With the overhaul of the online schedule, is there any way we'll still be able to get a peek at a full month's slate 2-3 months in advance, or is that still an open question? I personally haven't been able to figure out how to do it with the new schedules.

It seems like from this point forward the schedules will only be available one month in advance.

3 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Have you seen mine?

Yes...I think you've done a brilliant job. But what I meant when I was replying to the other poster is that we won't know the full January schedule until December 31st, which means it will only be one month in advance.

6 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Yes...I think you've done a brilliant job. But what I meant when I was replying to the other poster is that we won't know the full January schedule until December 31st, which means it will only be one month in advance.

Well, have another look in...oh, say...another month...  And we'll see about that. (actually I'm not sure either);)

1 minute ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Well, have another look in...oh, say...another month...  And we'll see about that. (actually I'm not sure either);)

Okay, maybe you are being overly optimistic. :) 

3 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

I wouldn't say that.  It is just a matter of whether or not this will still be in use.  Hint:  This is live right now.

Not sure what you mean by live...the schedule is live? What does that mean?