Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Big Doris Day Fan

Hi.  This is my first post here.  I love making dresses & recently made 2 Doris Day film dresses.  A friend from Twitter suggested sharing the pictures here.  I hope you like them.  The blue blouse was styled from "Romance On the High Seas".  The lilac dress was styled from "April In Paris".  I know they're not identical & I know I used different material.  I wasn't looking to duplicate the outfits exactly, nor was I interested in using the same material.  I used velvet for both.  Enjoy!

Dress 22.JPG

Dress 30.JPG

• 4 months later...

As I said last week,  CNN's website  (under Paid Content),  has been running this byline:  The Truth is, Doris Day, Wasn't as wholesome as we all thought.   Below is the picture used today.    Again,  this is "paid content" which means that CNN didn't create said content, but just gets paid to put in on their website.  Still if CNN had any class they wouldn't run such trash,  no matter how much their cut is.     But what I found most interesting is why LikeSwifty (name of content provider),  would select Day.   How many users of this site are interested in trash like this?    Someone like Meghan Markle,  I could see but an actress like Day that hasn't made a film for over 40 years?  

[Pics] The Truth Is, Doris Day Wasn't As Wholesome As We All Thought