Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More changes-- they've changed the way the schedule info looks


Recommended Posts

I turned the TV on this morning and there was a gritty black and white movie with thugs terrorizing the passengers on a subway train. I was sitting at the computer so I decided to check the online TCM schedule to see what it was, and the schedule was wrong.  Dammit!  When are they going to get this straightened out??

Then I noticed the TV was on FXM, not TCM.  Oops.  Apparently the people who approved the redesign of TCM's online schedule aren't the only dumbasses out there.  My apologies.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've sent the TCM Support folks several messages over the past month related to webpage changes,
including not getting future months schedules,
and locked-header issue which makes it difficult seeing film-listing (as per below email).
Pretty much same reply...they would forward my concerns on to the webpage team.
Oh well, at least they reply quickly and seems polite?
Thank you MCOH for the "Big Big Schedule", I use it instead of TCM's-webpage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt (TCM Help Center) - Nov 4, 2020, 9:38 EST
Thanks for reaching out to TCM. Unfortunately, right now this is not a feature, but that is a great idea. We appreciate the time you took to let us know what you'd like to see in future updates on our new website. The team is committed to continuing to work hard to provide the best online experience possible. Your request has been forwarded to the website team for consideration and, although we can't promise it will be implemented soon, our team takes our fans' input very seriously.
If you need anything else, please let me know.
Best, Matt at TCM

Joe Monroe82 - Nov 4, 2020, 8:56 EST
hello, regarding current TCM Monthly Schedule webpage, is there a way to make header-info go off screen as I scroll down the page?
Currently the header-info stays locked on upper third of my windows pc monitor, making it difficult seeing film listing below the header.
The header-info scrolls off screen ok on my android-phone, but as my phone's screen is very small, using it to view schedule is not an option for me.
I get TCM thru DirecTV Satellite service.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeM said:

I've sent the TCM Support folks several messages over the past month related to webpage changes,
including not getting future months schedules,
and locked-header issue which makes it difficult seeing film-listing (as per below email).
Pretty much same reply...they would forward my concerns on to the webpage team.
Oh well, at least they reply quickly and seems polite?
Thank you MCOH for the "Big Big Schedule", I use it instead of TCM's-webpage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt (TCM Help Center) - Nov 4, 2020, 9:38 EST
Thanks for reaching out to TCM. Unfortunately, right now this is not a feature, but that is a great idea. We appreciate the time you took to let us know what you'd like to see in future updates on our new website. The team is committed to continuing to work hard to provide the best online experience possible. Your request has been forwarded to the website team for consideration and, although we can't promise it will be implemented soon, our team takes our fans' input very seriously.
If you need anything else, please let me know.
Best, Matt at TCM

Joe Monroe82 - Nov 4, 2020, 8:56 EST
hello, regarding current TCM Monthly Schedule webpage, is there a way to make header-info go off screen as I scroll down the page?
Currently the header-info stays locked on upper third of my windows pc monitor, making it difficult seeing film listing below the header.
The header-info scrolls off screen ok on my android-phone, but as my phone's screen is very small, using it to view schedule is not an option for me.
I get TCM thru DirecTV Satellite service.

Thanks for documenting your communications with TCM and sharing some of it here on the thread.

Welcome to TCM City! :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, spence said:

To me buddy TopBilled, it seems from the 100% jazz you write all the time & other things do you also work for TCM?

No, I don't.

I just feel we are guests of TCM on their message board. I like to support their mission of broadcasting classic movies.

Simple as that!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

No, I don't.

I just feel we are guests of TCM on their message board. I like to support their mission of broadcasting classic movies.

Simple as that!

THANKS PAL FOR AQ ONCE AGAIN VERY FAST REPLY PAL!  Both my mother & I's birthday's  Mine is in a few hrs on NOVEMBER THE 8th-(P.S. For many yrs I was proud to have the same b'day as KATHARINEHEPBURN, yrs later I found out she lied about this date & used a family member instead)

& ROBIN E. SHANNON-(my ma') is on NOV. 10th & MY SISTER IRONICALLY IS ON NOV. 11th

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spence said:

Also top s[peaking of b'days, whats yours buddy?  Thats something like FB does, cover/note a members birthdates

Mine's in August. I'm a Leo. :) 

So yours is tomorrow? Happy birthday a day in advance, Spence!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Mine's in August. I'm a Leo. :) 

So yours is tomorrow? Happy birthday a day in advance, Spence!

thank you   & if you don't mind me inquiring, whats your date of both Mine was 1964?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spence said:

thank you   & if you don't mind me inquiring, whats your date of both Mine was 1964?

Well, Spence, we are now getting a bit personal. LOL

But I will say that my birthday is shared with Jane Wyatt and George Hamilton.

Enough said. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Well, Spence, we are now getting a bit personal. LOL

But I will say that my birthday is shared by Jane Wyatt and George Hamilton.

Enough said. :) 

OOPs, no birthdate though buddy I gave out mine?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spence said:

OOPs, no birthdate though buddy I gave out mine?

Top, would like to write you personal in that section again, but for some reason delete my message full box?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spence said:

OOPs, no birthdate though buddy I gave out mine?

If you look up George Hamilton or Jane Wyatt on wiki/IMDb you will find out what my birth date is, since I share the same day with them!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

If you look up George Hamilton or Jane Wyatt on wiki/IMDb you will find out what my birth date is, since I share the same day with them!

Yeah, but it likely isn't the same yr as those 2?  Not a big deal, but please give me help on deleting my personal message box sometime

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spence said:

Yeah, but it likely isn't the same yr as those 2?  Not a big deal, but please give me help on deleting my personal message box sometime

You should be able to click on a box next to your older conversations then put them in the trash can to free up space.

If it's not working for you, let the TCM Moderator know in the Technical Issues forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

You should be able to click on a box next to your older conversations then put them in the trash can to free up space.

If it's not working for you, let the TCM Moderator know in the Technical Issues forum.

thanks as usual, will give it a shot pal

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also to TOPBILLED, if ok whereabouts in this country do you live currently & do you go to new releases at a theatre

 

Plan to go & see  *KEVIN COSTNER, DIANE LANE & ELLEN BARKIN'S   LET HIM GO  tomorrow  reviews are pretty strong for it & as you know COSTNER is a Western fan in his real life & films>

SILVERADO, *DANCES WITH WOLVES, WYATT EARP, OPEN RANGE-(nearly great Western ( a strong ***1/2) & grossed 60m.) but not as well known as his others & with one of cinemas greatest living actors in ROBERT DUVALL (l93l-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spence said:

Also to TOPBILLED, if ok whereabouts in this country do you live currently & do you go to new releases at a theatre

 

Plan to go & see  *KEVIN COSTNER, DIANE LANE & ELLEN BARKIN'S   LET HIM GO  tomorrow  reviews are pretty strong for it & as you know COSTNER is a Western fan in his real life & films>

SILVERADO, *DANCES WITH WOLVES, WYATT EARP, OPEN RANGE-(nearly great Western ( a strong ***1/2) & grossed 60m.) but not as well known as his others & with one of cinemas greatest living actors in ROBERT DUVALL (l93l-)

Try to always go to a new film on my birthday & also even on Christmas, where it's usually packed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, spence said:

Also to TOPBILLED, if ok whereabouts in this country do you live currently & do you go to new releases at a theatre

 

Plan to go & see  *KEVIN COSTNER, DIANE LANE & ELLEN BARKIN'S   LET HIM GO  tomorrow  reviews are pretty strong for it & as you know COSTNER is a Western fan in his real life & films>

SILVERADO, *DANCES WITH WOLVES, WYATT EARP, OPEN RANGE-(nearly great Western ( a strong ***1/2) & grossed 60m.) but not as well known as his others & with one of cinemas greatest living actors in ROBERT DUVALL (l93l-)

I prefer Costner in his western flicks. I don't think he's very convincing in other genres.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Thanks for documenting your communications with TCM and sharing some of it here on the thread.

Welcome to TCM City! :) 

Your welcome TopBilled...and thanks for starting this thread,
hopefully TCM gives us back previous schedule formats.
I've actually been Message Board member for awhile.
Along with NitrateVille, always look forward to periodically checking out TCM forums...lots of great info.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JoeM said:

Your welcome TopBilled...and thanks for starting this thread,
hopefully TCM gives us back previous schedule formats.
I've actually been Message Board member for awhile.
Along with NitrateVille, always look forward to periodically checking out TCM forums...lots of great info.

I am sure people will adjust to the schedule format. And things will be good again, until the next set of changes! :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...