Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More changes-- they've changed the way the schedule info looks

17 hours ago, onodream said:

Please have the new format be printable like the prior format of the Monthly Schedule.  I'm sure your IT programmers feel it is a wonderful site, but I don't have a computer in front of me when I sit down to watch TCM from my television. Instead, I use the Monthly Schedule printed out so that I can quickly find what is playing.  The current format has reduced the print so that it is not easily read.

I hope you remedy this right away.

Don't hold your breath!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
34 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Posted on Facebook by a friend of mine who used to work at MGM:

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 8.07.29 AM

Given that TCM has posted a Russ Tamblyn photo in their schedule entry for Gypsy, it seems that TCM is now run by people who don't know enough to catch these errors.

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Given that TCM has posted a Russ Tamblyn photo in their schedule entry for Gypsy, it seems that TCM is now run by people who don't know enough to catch these errors.

Do you think that's what it is?

I thought maybe they experienced a reduction in staff since Covid.

45 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Maybe both.

But I do agree with my friend that they can film a second take or at least have Ben dub over the correct name in post-production.

It comes across rather sloppy. People that work in the industry catch these gaffes.

On 12/6/2020 at 10:45 AM, txfilmfan said:

The joys of Vertical Integration.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_integration#Entertainment

Yup, some of them (not all) don't know squat about the TCM brand, nor could care less.  Now it is all about the fleeting whims of the head(s) of the new parent company.  It has been that way for a while now, not that you need me to confirm or that it hasn't been glaringly obvious.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Here we are a week into December, and I still can't see ahead into January (other than the At-a-Glance guide, which only shows daytime themes, not titles [and that's only until Jan, 12]).  Has TCM given up completely on providing a useful guide?

On a related topic, I notice that your (MovieCollectorOH) alternate schedule is updated through 2/1.  Thank you so much for this.  Where are you drawing your additional month of programming?

• Like 2
8 hours ago, BenHere said:

Here we are a week into December, and I still can't see ahead into January (other than the At-a-Glance guide, which only shows daytime themes, not titles [and that's only until Jan, 12]).  Has TCM given up completely on providing a useful guide?

On a related topic, I notice that your (MovieCollectorOH) alternate schedule is updated through 2/1.  Thank you so much for this.  Where are you drawing your additional month of programming?

Hi, You are welcome.  That is coming from an "old" API data source which predated the new schedule, hence I call it my "old feed" schedule, as opposed to my "new feed" schedule, which uses the same exact data source that the new TCM website uses.  These originate in JSON data source format and cannot really be viewed with a web browser, hence the web browser-friendly versions I have come up with:

Big Big Schedule - old feed

Big Big Schedule - new feed (current/development)

How long this "old feed" may continue to be updated is anyone's guess at this point.  Right now we are in what I would call a gray area.  I'm not 100% sure it is past the data that was originally available before the old schedule website was shut down.  If and when I see data for Feb come up, then I would be more confident it is actually still receiving updates and active.  On top of that, it continues to receive occasional updates to the existing months, so that's why I haven't given up on it altogether.

Some things are different about the "old feed" than the old schedule too BTW, it is not an exact replica of the format for the old schedule, but it might as well have been used to make it.  There were some other additions and niceities on top of that (human changes) that made it into the old schedule, but not that major.

It seems a bit disjointed that they might continue on with the themes but not publish them in the "new feed" and hence their new official schedule.

• Like 6
On 12/6/2020 at 3:03 PM, TheOneandOnlyCritic2000 said:

I literally did not know Little Woman ('94) was on into I looked at the schedule for today, couldn't they have just put that on doing primetime 😭

I know I ‘m not the first one saying this but the January schedule still isn’t available.  During the past few months the new days were available to see one day at a time, but now it’s not even doing that.

8 hours ago, dinie said:

I know I ‘m not the first one saying this but the January schedule still isn’t available.  During the past few months the new days were available to see one day at a time, but now it’s not even doing that.

Have you checked MovieCollectorOH's link to his website? Try that. The whole month of December, January and now, February 2021, are listed there. If you're still having trouble finding it, just holler.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, gloveman said:

When I inquired, I got a reply saying that they stopped doing it.  I do not understand the logic.  Grateful for "Movie Collector." 

I doubt he/she had any idea what you were talking about.  Seriously.

It was just a software changeout by some clueless newbies.  Not the individual(s) who had the skill and knowledge to design the previous website.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...