Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VOTE: Like the NEW Schedules/TCMDB Layouts/Like the OLD Schedules/TCMDB Layouts

4 hours ago, AndyM108 said:

If the new schedule were running for president, it'd be a ticket of Gavin McInnes and Kyle Rittenhouse.

This is probably a funny joke. The others were funny. But it's too obscure for me.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

This is probably a funny joke. The others were funny. But it's too obscure for me.

They're both members of the infamous "Proud Boys", and Rittenhouse is currently in jail on a murder charge.

• Thanks 2

Don't try to fix something that has worked.  That is problem here.  The Monthly Schedule is a disaster now.  I like the old one.  This one does not have the shorts, we don't need pictures.  Also, when I check Central time it should STAY Central time.  It is a pain you know where.  Go back to the one from last month.  I am disappointed in this new one.   New is not always better.  This is from a gal working for a company that received new and improved software last year.  It is called Epic and the majority of the employees call it "The Epic Disaster".  It something ain't broke, don't try to fix it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I JUST MENTIONED THIS in another thread. but trying to view the schedule is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE NOW.

It LOCKS MY SCREEN, does not load and a message comes up saying "A WEBSITE IS TRYING TO SLOW DOWN YOUR BROWSER, CONTINUE TO ALLOW?"

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I JUST MENTIONED THIS in another thread. but trying to view the schedule is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE NOW.

It LOCKS MY SCREEN, does not load and a message comes up saying "A WEBSITE IS TRYING TO SLOW DOWN YOUR BROWSER, CONTINUE TO ALLOW?"

Me, too.  If the object was to make this website more mobile-friendly, this is an epic fail.  Loading takes forever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

my impression of the new schedule layout from the (very) few times it HAS LOADED CORRECTLY:

tumblr_neldt0mEoX1r6zgh0o1_500.gifYOU CAN HAZ SCHEDULE NOW

10/5/2020

PST/MST/ET IS ALL SAMEZ!!!!tenor.gif8:00 ice stations zebra

10:00 pmam NIGHT MUST FALL (1937)tumblr_mgy3ckCXr91rbekt4o1_500.gif

SOMETIME TODAY

LAWRENCE OF THE ARABS@!@@@@@@tenor.gif?itemid=9724941

I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE GIGI (1958)cca3464f8fc1da1da55f472faa6698d9.gif

tonight: SPECIAL FEATUREZ

brief encounter (194something)

tumblr_nldbs7VQNy1s6jjyco1_500.gif

wpid-sc.gifwpid-sc.gifwpid-sc.gifwpid-sc.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'd just like to know the name(s) of whoever it was who made the final call on this change, along with some sort of a coherent explanation that takes into consideration all the innumerable downsides.  I'm not holding my breath.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, lydecker said:

Me, too.  If the object was to make this website more mobile-friendly, this is an epic fail.  Loading takes forever.

The schedule doesn't load any faster on a mobile device.

My biggest problem with the schedule however is that the times are off.  It completely defeats the purpose of a schedule if doesn't even list the times correctly.  Once I get the schedule to load, I have to cross-reference the schedule with my Dish Anywhere app to see what's actually on right now and then look at the scheduled films to schedule DVR recordings via the Dish app. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

The schedule doesn't load any faster on a mobile device.

My biggest problem with the schedule however is that the times are off.  It completely defeats the purpose of a schedule if doesn't even list the times correctly.  Once I get the schedule to load, I have to cross-reference the schedule with my Dish Anywhere app to see what's actually on right now and then look at the scheduled films to schedule DVR recordings via the Dish app. 

I feel you, although since I got THE HULU, i've stopped paying attention to exactly  WHEN things are airing, because 8 times out of 10, I know I will be able to select something that has played on TCM from the ON DEMAND FUNCTION. However, I have to have some idea of at least WHAT is airing in order to look for it, and I LITERALLY CANNOT DO THAT ONE SIMPLE THING THE WAY THE SCHEDULE IS PRESENTLY SET UP!!!!

It's like having a blank phone book or an Atlas with just pictures of kittens or that ****ing Microsoft Paperclip who wants to help you write a letter: IT IS NO HELP TO ANYBODY!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I feel you, although since I got THE HULU, i've stopped paying attention to exactly  WHEN things are airing, because 8 times out of 10, I know I will be able to select something that has played on TCM from the ON DEMAND FUNCTION. However, I have to have some idea of at least WHAT is airing in order to look for it, and I LITERALLY CANNOT DO THAT ONE SIMPLE THING THE WAY THE SCHEDULE IS PRESENTLY SET UP!!!!

It's like having a blank phone book or an Atlas with just pictures of kittens or that ****ing Microsoft Paperclip who wants to help you write a letter: IT IS NO HELP TO ANYBODY!!!!!!!

image.jpeg.555fa9238434d9efcc8e8290a1ced21c.jpeg

It looks like you’re ranting, need some help?

• Haha 2

this has brought back a memory though- you guys remember 10-15 years ago, before DIGITAL TV and DVR blew up and everyone got their own way of watching and we all had the same cable and the same schedule, how TCM would RELIGIOUSLY only show REALLY COOL, INTERESTING, RARE FILMS AND PREMIERES at, like 2:00 am?

Like GIGI at 8:00; ICE STATION ZEBRA at 10:00, and at 2:15 am THE REDISCOVERED PRINT OF LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT.

31 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

this has brought back a memory though- you guys remember 10-15 years ago, before DIGITAL TV and DVR blew up and everyone got their own way of watching and we all had the same cable and the same schedule, how TCM would RELIGIOUSLY only show REALLY COOL, INTERESTING, RARE FILMS AND PREMIERES at, like 2:00 am?

Like GIGI at 8:00; ICE STATION ZEBRA at 10:00, and at 2:15 am THE REDISCOVERED PRINT OF LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT.

I do recall life before DVR.  It was grim.  Lol.  But it does seem like more of the rarer films used to air.  Remember watching the  blue scroll on the TV Guide channel waiting  to see what was on *your* channel, only to look away for a second and miss it?! Ugh! The agony of it all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

Lol.  But Clippy is your friend! He only wants to help you!

I am firmly convinced that both Clippy and “Snuggles the bear” are servants of Satan.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I do recall life before DVR.  It was grim.  Lol.  But it does seem like more of the rarer films used to air.  Remember watching the  blue scroll on the TV Guide channel waiting  to see what was on *your* channel, only to look away for a second and miss it?! Ugh! The agony of it all. 

Do you remember (ca. 1997) having a really boring night and not being able to find anything on and just watching the TV Guide channel out of laziness? 

I do. 

(Sometimes they would show something really good on the TV Guide channel!)

44 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

image.jpeg.555fa9238434d9efcc8e8290a1ced21c.jpeg

I still have my Windows 98 computer in a closet in my home office. It was the first computer I bought and has some files that I’ve never been able to transfer.

I remember being distressed when the Dog, Kitty, and other Office Assistants seemed to stop working, only the Paper Clip was left. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I am firmly convinced that both Clippy and “Snuggles the bear” are servants of Satan.

I love Snuggle! He was my absolute favorite when I was little in the 80s.

He has an amazing collection of gifs too. Who doesn’t need to send a gif of Snuggle making it rain with flower petals or Snuggle popping out of a washing machine? 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Do you remember (ca. 1997) having a really boring night and not being able to find anything on and just watching the TV Guide channel out of laziness? 

I do. 

(Sometimes they would show something really good on the TV Guide channel!)

Haha yes. The TV Guide channel had its own programming. 

I miss Miss Cleo and the psychic hotline and the CD compilation commercials like Celtic Woman and Monster Ballads. 

58 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

Haha yes. The TV Guide channel had its own programming. 

I miss Miss Cleo and the psychic hotline and the CD compilation commercials like Celtic Woman and Monster Ballads. 

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then there was Billy Mays WHO ALWAYS TALKED LIKE THIS ABOUT OXYCLEAN!! And the Shamwow! guy.

1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

Then there was Billy Mays WHO ALWAYS TALKED LIKE THIS ABOUT OXYCLEAN!! And the Shamwow! guy.

OXYCLEAN WORKS THO!!!!

Especially on blood stains.

(Or so I’ve heard.)

• Haha 1